- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 380484, 9 pages
Analytical Solutions of Boundary Values Problem of 2D and 3D Poisson and Biharmonic Equations by Homotopy Decomposition Method
1Institute for Groundwater Studies, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of the Free State, Bloemfontein 9300, South Africa
2Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University of Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 18 August 2013
Academic Editor: Santanu Saha Ray
Copyright © 2013 Abdon Atangana and Adem Kılıçman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Mittal and S. Gahlaut, “High-order finite-difference schemes to solve Poisson's equation in polar coordinates,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 261–270, 1991.
- E. Perrey-Debain and H. G. ter Morsche, “B-spline approximation and fast wavelet transform for an efficient evaluation of particular solutions for Poisson's equation,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2002.
- G. Sutmann and B. Steffen, “High-order compact solvers for the three-dimensional Poisson equation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 142–170, 2006.
- Y. Ge, “Multigrid method and fourth-order compact difference discretization scheme with unequal meshsizes for 3D Poisson equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 229, no. 18, pp. 6381–6391, 2010.
- N. A. Gumerov and R. Duraiswami, “Fast multipole method for the biharmonic equation in three dimensions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 363–383, 2006.
- D. Khattar, S. Singh, and R. K. Mohanty, “A new coupled approach high accuracy numerical method for the solution of 3D non-linear biharmonic equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 8, pp. 3036–3044, 2009.
- I. Altas, J. Erhel, and M. M. Gupta, “High accuracy solution of three-dimensional biharmonic equations,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 29, no. 1–3, pp. 1–19, 2002.
- Y. Jeon, “New indirect scalar boundary integral equation formulas for the biharmonic equation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 313–324, 2001.
- N. Mai-Duy and R. I. Tanner, “A spectral collocation method based on integrated Chebyshev polynomials for two-dimensional biharmonic boundary-value problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 201, no. 1, pp. 30–47, 2007.
- N. Mai-Duy and T. Tran-Cong, “Solving biharmonic problems with scattered-point discretization using indirect radial-basis-function networks,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2006.
- N. Mai-Duy and R. I. Tanner, “An effective high order interpolation scheme in BIEM for biharmonic boundary value problems,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 210–223, 2005.
- X. Li and J. Zhu, “A Galerkin boundary node method for biharmonic problems,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 858–865, 2009.
- N. Mai-Duy, H. See, and T. Tran-Cong, “A spectral collocation technique based on integrated Chebyshev polynomials for biharmonic problems in irregular domains,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 284–299, 2009.
- M. W. M. G. Dissanayake and N. Phan-Thien, “Neural-network-based approximations for solving partial differential equations,” communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 195–201, 1994.
- N. Mai-Duy and R. I. Tanner, “A collocation method based on one-dimensional RBF interpolation scheme for solving PDEs,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 165–186, 2007.
- Z. Shi, Y.-Y. Cao, and Q.-J. Chen, “Solving 2D and 3D Poisson equations and biharmonic equations by the Haar wavelet method,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 11, pp. 5143–5161, 2012.
- A. Atangana and J. F. Botha, “Analytical solution of the ground water flow equation obtained via homotopy decomposition method,” Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change, vol. 3, p. 115, 2012.
- A. Atangana and A. Secer, “The time-fractional coupled-Korteweg-de-Vries equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 947986, 8 pages, 2013.
- A. Atangana and A. Ahmed, “A generalized version of a low velocity impact between a rigid sphere and a transversely isotropic strain-hardening plate supported by a rigid substrate using the concept of non-integer derivatives,” Abstract Applied Analysisaccepted, vol. 2013, Article ID 671321, 9 pages, 2013.
- A. Atangana and E. Alabaraoye, “Solving system of fractional partial differential equations arisen in the model of HIV infection of CD4+ cells and attractor one-dimensional Keller-Segel equations,” Advance in Difference Equation, vol. 2013, no. 94, 2013.
- S. T. Mohyud-Din, A. Yildirim, and M. M. Hosseini, “Variational iteration method for initial and boundary value problems using He's polynomials,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2010, Article ID 426213, 28 pages, 2010.
- A. A. Elbeleze, A. Kılıçman, and B. M. Taib, “Homotopy perturbation method for fractional Black-Scholes European option pricing equations using Sumudu transform,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 524852, 7 pages, 2013.
- A. A. Elbeleze, A. Kılıçman, and B. M. Taib, “Application of homotopy perturbation and variational iteration method for Fredholm integro-differential equation of fractional order,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 763139, 14 pages, 2012.
- A. M. A. El-Sayed and D. Hammad, “A reliable treatment of homotopy perturbation method for solving the nonlinear Klein-Gordon equation of arbitrary (fractional) orders),” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 581481, 13 pages, 2012.
- M. T. Kajani, M. Ghasemi, and E. Babolian, “Comparison between the homotopy perturbation method and the sine-cosine wavelet method for solving linear integro-differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1162–1168, 2007.
- A. K. Khalifa, “The decomposition method for one dimensional biharmonic equations,” International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling, vol. 2, no. 1-2, 2006.