- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 384067, 8 pages
Chaotic Image Encryption Algorithm Based on Circulant Operation
1College of Science, Guangdong Ocean University, Zhanjiang 524088, China
2Department of Electronic Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Received 19 May 2013; Revised 19 June 2013; Accepted 19 June 2013
Academic Editor: Luca Guerrini
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoling Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- X. Xue, Q. Zhang, X. Wei, L. Guo, and Q. Wang, “An image fusion encryption algorithm based on DNA sequence and multi-chaotic maps,” Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 397–403, 2010.
- M. Amin, O. S. Faragallah, and A. A. Abd El-Latif, “A chaotic block cipher algorithm for image cryptosystems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 3484–3497, 2010.
- S.-J. Xu, X.-B. Chen, R. Zhang, Y.-X. Yang, and Y.-C. Guo, “An improved chaotic cryptosystem based on circular bit shift and XOR operations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 10-11, pp. 1003–1010, 2012.
- A. Akhshani, A. Akhavan, S.-C. Lim, and Z. Hassan, “An image encryption scheme based on quantum logistic map,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 12, pp. 4653–4661, 2012.
- N. Singh and A. Sinha, “Optical image encryption using Hartley transform and logistic map,” Optics Communications, vol. 282, no. 6, pp. 1104–1109, 2009.
- H. Gao, Y. Zhang, S. Liang, and D. Li, “A new chaotic algorithm for image encryption,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 393–399, 2006.
- S. Li and X. Zheng, “Cryptanalysis of a chaotic image encryption and decryption,” Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 708–711, 2002.
- Z.-H. Guan, F. Huang, and W. Guan, “Chaos-based image encryption algorithm,” Physics Letters A, vol. 346, no. 1–3, pp. 153–157, 2005.
- X. Y. Wang and X. M. Bao, “A novel block cryptosystem based on the coupled chaotic map lattice,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 72, pp. 707–715, 2013.
- G. D. Ye, “A chaotic image cryptosystem based on toeplitz and hankel matrices,” Imaging Science Journal, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 266–273, 2009.
- T. G. Gao and Z. Q. Chen, “Image encryption based on a new total shuffling algorithm,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 213–220, 2008.
- N. K. Pareek, V. Patidar, and K. K. Sud, “Image encryption using chaotic logistic map,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 926–934, 2006.
- S. Behnia, A. Akhshani, S. Ahadpour, H. Mahmodi, and A. Akhavan, “A fast chaotic encryption scheme based on piecewise nonlinear chaotic maps,” Physics Letters A, vol. 366, no. 4-5, pp. 391–396, 2007.
- H. Liu, X. Wang, and A. Kadir, “Image encryption using DNA complementary rule and chaotic maps,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 1457–1466, 2012.
- W. Li and Y. Yuan, “A leak and its remedy in JPEG image encryption,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 84, no. 9, pp. 1367–1378, 2007.
- X.-F. Li, A. C.-S. Leung, X.-J. Liu, X.-P. Han, and Y.-D. Chu, “Adaptive synchronization of identical chaotic and hyper-chaotic systems with uncertain parameters,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 2215–2223, 2010.
- B. Schneier, Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1995.
- H. Liu and X. Wang, “Color image encryption using spatial bit-level permutation and high-dimension chaotic system,” Optics Communications, vol. 284, no. 16-17, pp. 3895–3903, 2011.
- R. H. Chan and M. K. Ng, “Conjugate gradient methods for Toeplitz systems,” SIAM Review, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 427–482, 1996.
- H. Wang, X. Wang, X.-J. Zhu, and X.-H. Wang, “Linear feedback controller design method for time-delay chaotic systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 355–362, 2012.
- X. Tong and M. Cui, “Image encryption with compound chaotic sequence cipher shifting dynamically,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 843–850, 2008.
- X. Wang and L. Teng, “An image blocks encryption algorithm based on spatiotemporal chaos,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 365–371, 2012.
- F. Sun, Z. Lü, and S. Liu, “A new cryptosystem based on spatial chaotic system,” Optics Communications, vol. 283, no. 10, pp. 2066–2073, 2010.
- Z. Wang, X. Huang, N. Li, and X. N. Song, “Image encryption based on a delayed fractional-order chaotic logistic system,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, Article ID 050506, 2012.
- F. Sun, S. Liu, Z. Li, and Z. Lü, “A novel image encryption scheme based on spatial chaos map,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 631–640, 2008.
- X.-y. Wang, F. Chen, and T. Wang, “A new compound mode of confusion and diffusion for block encryption of image based on chaos,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2479–2485, 2010.
- X.-y. Wang and Q. Yu, “A block encryption algorithm based on dynamic sequences of multiple chaotic systems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 574–581, 2009.
- J. He, H. Qian, Y. Zhou, and Z. Li, “Cryptanalysis and improvement of a block cipher based on multiple chaotic systems,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2010, Article ID 590590, 14 pages, 2010.