- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 384640, 5 pages
Modeling and Simulation of Flow and Formation Damage of Asphalt-Paved Roads
1Civil Engineering Department, Collage of Engineering, Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia
2Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science, Helwan University, Egypt
3Preparing Year Department, Collage of Engineering, Umm Al-Qura University, Saudi Arabia
Received 29 September 2013; Accepted 5 October 2013
Academic Editor: Mohamed Fathy El-Amin
Copyright © 2013 M. H. Alawi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. M. Voskuilen and P. N. W. Verhoef, “Cause of premature ravelling failure of porous asphalt,” in Proceedings of the 6th International RILEM Symposium on Performance Testing and Evaluation of Bituminous Materials, pp. 191–197, 2003.
- C. Padmos, “Over ten years experience with porous road surfaces,” in Proceedings of the ISAP 9th International Conference on Asphalt Pavements, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2002.
- J. L. M. Voskuilen and M. Huurman, Conversations, Centre For Transport and Navigation of the Dutch Ministry of Transport, Public Wprks and Water Management, Delft, The Netherlands, 2009.
- A. Kneepkens, T. van Hoof, H. Schaefer, and W. van Keulen, VIA-RAL for Porous Asphalt: A Result of research and Development, But Most of all of implementation, Wegbouwkundige Werkdagen, Delft, The Netherlands, 2004.
- X. H. Liu and F. Civian, “Characterization and prediction of formation damage in two-phase flow systems,” in Proceedings of the SPE Production Operations Symposium, Oklahoma City, Okla, USA, 1993.
- X. Liu and F. Civan, “Multiphase mud fluid infiltration and filter cake formation model,” in Proceedings of the SPE International Symposium on Oilfield Chemistry, pp. 607–621, March 1989.
- X. Liu and C. Farouk, “Formation damage and skin factor due to filter cake formation and fines migration in the near-wellbore region,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Formation Damage Control, pp. 259–273, Lafayette, Ind, USA, February 1994.
- C. Gruesbeck and R. E. Collins, “Entrainment and deposition of fines particles in porous media,” Society of Petroleum Engineers Journal, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 847–856, 1982.
- M. F. El-Amin, A. Salama, and S. Sun, “Numerical and dimensional investigation of two-phase countercurrent imbibition in porous media,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 242, pp. 285–296, 2013.
- S. Sun, A. Salama, and M. F. El Amin, “Matrix-oriented implementation for the numerical solution of the partial differential equations governing flows and transport in porous media,” Computers & Fluids, vol. 68, pp. 38–46, 2012.
- M. El-Amin, A. Salama, and S. Sun, “Effects of gravity and inlet location on a two-phase countercurrent imbibition in porous media,” International Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 210128, 7 pages, 2012.
- M. F. El-Amin and S. Sun, “Effects of gravity and inlet/outlet location on a two-phase cocurrent imbibition in porous media,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 673523, 18 pages, 2011.
- R. D. Skeel and M. Berzins, “A method for the spatial discretization of parabolic equations in one space variable,” SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1–32, 1990.