- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 386757, 10 pages
Hybrid Artificial Neural Networks Modeling for Faults Identification of a Stochastic Multivariate Process
Department of Statistics and Information Science, Fu Jen Catholic University, No. 510, Zhongzheng Road, Xinzhuang, New Taipei City 24205, Taiwan
Received 7 October 2013; Revised 5 November 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013
Academic Editor: Shen Yin
Copyright © 2013 Yuehjen E. Shao and Chia-Ding Hou. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. W. Blazek, B. Novic, and M. D. Scott, “Displaying multivariate data using polyplots,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 69–74, 1987.
- N. Subramanyan and A. A. Houshmand, “Simultaneous representation of multivariate and corresponding univariate x-bar charts using a line graph,” Quality Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 681–682, 1995.
- C. Fuchs and Y. Benjamini, “Multivariate profile charts for statistical process control,” Technometrics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 182–195, 1994.
- O. O. Atienza, L. T. Ching, and B. A. Wah, “Simultaneous monitoring of univariate and multivariate SPC information using boxplots,” International Journal of Quality Science, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 194–204, 1998.
- R. L. Mason, N. D. Tracy, and J. C. Young, “Decomposition of T2 for multivariate control chart interpretation,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 99–108, 1995.
- R. L. Mason, N. D. Tracy, and J. C. Young, “A practical approach for interpreting multivariate T2 control chart signals,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 396–406, 1997.
- N. H. Timm, “Multivariate quality control using finite intersection tests,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 233–243, 1996.
- G. C. Runger, F. B. Alt, and D. C. Montgomery, “Contributors to a multivariate statistical process control chart signal,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 2203–2213, 1996.
- F. Aparisi, G. Avendaño, and J. Sanz, “Techniques to interpret T2 control chart signals,” IIE Transactions, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 647–657, 2006.
- Y. E. Shao and B.-S. Hsu, “Determining the contributors for a multivariate SPC chart signal using artificial neural networks and support vector machine,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 4899–4906, 2009.
- T. Kourti and J. F. MacGregor, “Multivariate SPC methods for process and product monitoring,” Journal of Quality Technology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 409–428, 1996.
- J. A. Westerhuis, S. P. Gurden, and A. K. Smilde, “Generalized contribution plots in multivariate statistical process monitoring,” Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 95–114, 2000.
- P. E. Maravelakis, S. Bersimis, J. Panaretos, and S. Psarakis, “Identifying the out of control variable in a multivariate control chart,” Communications in Statistics. Theory and Methods, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2391–2408, 2002.
- Y. E. Shao, C.-D. Hou, C.-H. Chao, and Y.-J. Chen, “A decomposition approach for identifying the sources of variance shifts in a multivariate process,” ICIC Express Letters, vol. 5, no. 4A, pp. 971–975, 2011.
- S. T. A. Niaki and B. Abbasi, “Fault diagnosis in multivariate control charts using artificial neural networks,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 825–840, 2005.
- R.-S. Guh, “On-line identification and quantification of mean shifts in bivariate processes using a neural network-based approach,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 367–385, 2007.
- L.-H. Chen and T.-Y. Wang, “Artificial neural networks to classify mean shifts from multivariate χ2 chart signals,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 47, no. 2-3, pp. 195–205, 2004.
- H. B. Hwarng and Y. Wang, “Shift detection and source identification in multivariate autocorrelated processes,” International Journal of Production Research, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 835–859, 2010.
- C.-S. Cheng and H.-P. Cheng, “Identifying the source of variance shifts in the multivariate process using neural networks and support vector machines,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 35, no. 1-2, pp. 198–206, 2008.
- M. Salehi, A. Bahreininejad, and I. Nakhai, “On-line analysis of out-of-control signals in multivariate manufacturing processes using a hybrid learning-based model,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 12-13, pp. 2083–2095, 2011.
- M. Salehi, R. B. Kazemzadeh, and A. Salmasnia, “On line detection of mean and variance shift using neural networks and support vector machine in multivariate processes,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2973–2984, 2012.
- Y. E. Shao, C.-J. Lu, and Y.-C. Wang, “A hybrid ICA-SVM approach for determining the quality variables at fault in a multivariate process,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 284910, 12 pages, 2012.
- L. Cao, “Support vector machines experts for time series forecasting,” Neurocomputing, vol. 51, pp. 321–339, 2003.
- L. J. Cao and F. E. H. Tay, “Support vector machine with adaptive parameters in financial time series forecasting,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1506–1518, 2003.
- C.-J. Lu, Y. E. Shao, and P.-H. Li, “Mixture control chart patterns recognition using independent component analysis and support vector machine,” Neurocomputing, vol. 74, no. 11, pp. 1908–1914, 2011.
- H. Hotelling, Techniques of Statistical Analysis, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1947.
- Q.-S. Xu, D. L. Massart, Y.-Z. Liang, and K.-T. Fang, “Two-step multivariate adaptive regression splines for modeling a quantitative relationship between gas chromatography retention indices and molecular descriptors,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 998, no. 1-2, pp. 155–167, 2003.
- S.-M. Chou, T.-S. Lee, Y. E. Shao, and I.-F. Chen, “Mining the breast cancer pattern using artificial neural networks and multivariate adaptive regression splines,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 133–142, 2004.
- Y. Zhou and H. Leung, “Predicting object-oriented software maintainability using multivariate adaptive regression splines,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1349–1361, 2007.
- F. Vidoli, “Evaluating the water sector in Italy through a two stage method using the conditional robust nonparametric frontier and multivariate adaptive regression splines,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 212, no. 3, pp. 583–595, 2011.
- Y. E. Shao and C.-D. Hou, “Change point determination for a multivariate process using a two-stage hybrid scheme,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 1520–1527, 2013.
- V. L. Pilla, J. M. Rosenberger, V. Chen, N. Engsuwan, and S. Siddappa, “A multivariate adaptive regression splines cutting plane approach for solving a two-stage stochastic programming fleet assignment model,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 216, no. 1, pp. 162–171, 2012.
- J. H. Friedman, “Multivariate adaptive regression splines,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1–141, 1991.
- C.-C. Chiu, Y. E. Shao, T.-S. Lee, and K.-M. Lee, “Identification of process disturbance using SPC/EPC and neural networks,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, vol. 14, no. 3-4, pp. 379–388, 2003.
- Y. E. Shao and C.-D. Hou, “Fault identification in industrial processes using an integrated approach of neural network and analysis of variance,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 516760, 7 pages, 2013.
- B. Abbasi, “A neural network applied to estimate process capability of non-normal processes,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 3093–3100, 2009.
- F. A. Graybill and H. K. Iyer, Regression Analysis, International Thomson Publishing, 1994.
- J. F. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 5th edition, 1998.
- Y. E. Shao, “Prediction of currency volume issued in Taiwan using a hybrid artificial neural network and multiple regression approach,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 676742, 9 pages, 2013.
- H. Wang, T.-Y. Chai, J.-L. Ding, and M. Brown, “Data driven fault diagnosis and fault tolerant control: some advances and possible new directions,” Acta Automatica Sinica, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 739–747, 2009.
- S. Yin and S. X. Ding, “A comparison study of basic data-driven fault diagnosis and process monitoring methods on the benchmark Tennessee Eastman process,” Journal of Process Control, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1567–1581, 2012.
- S. Yin, X. Yang, and H. R. Karimi, “Data-driven adaptive observer for fault diagnosis,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 832836, 21 pages, 2012.
- S. J. Qin, “Survey on data-driven industrial process monitoring and diagnosis,” Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 220–234, 2012.
- S. Yin, S. X. Ding, A. H. A. Sari, and H. Hao, “Data-driven monitoring for stochastic systems and its application on batch process,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 1366–1376, 2013.
- S. Yin, H. Luo, and S. Ding, “Real-time implementation of fault-tolerant control systems with performance optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 2402–2411, 2013.