- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 406743, 10 pages
New Analyses of Duopoly Game with Output Lower Limiters
1School of Management Science and Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
2School of Management, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
3Computational Experiment Center for Social Science, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
4Texas A&M University at Qatar, P.O. Box 23874, Doha, Qatar
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Chuandong Li
Copyright © 2013 Zhaohan Sheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Cournot, Researches into the Mathematical Principles of the Theory of Wealth, Hachette, Paris, France, 1838.
- H. N. Agiza, A. S. Hegazi, and A. A. Elsadany, “Complex dynamics and synchronization of a duopoly game with bounded rationality,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 133–146, 2002.
- H. N. Agiza, A. S. Hegazi, and A. A. Elsadany, “The dynamics of Bowley's model with bounded rationality,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 1705–1717, 2001.
- H. N. Agiza and A. A. Elsadany, “Chaotic dynamics in nonlinear duopoly game with heterogeneous players,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 149, no. 3, pp. 843–860, 2004.
- H. N. Agiza and A. A. Elsadany, “Nonlinear dynamics in the Cournot duopoly game with heterogeneous players,” Physica A, vol. 320, no. 1–4, pp. 512–524, 2003.
- E. Ahmed and H. N. Agiza, “Dynamics of a Cournot game with -competitors,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1513–1517, 1998.
- E. Ahmed, H. N. Agiza, and S. Z. Hassan, “On modifications of Puu's dynamical duopoly,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1025–1028, 2000.
- Z. H. Sheng, T. W. Huang, J. G. Du, Q. Mei, and H. Huang, “Study on self-adaptive proportional control method for a class of output models,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 459–477, 2009.
- M. T. Yassen and H. N. Agiza, “Analysis of a duopoly game with delayed bounded rationality,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 138, no. 2-3, pp. 387–402, 2003.
- D. Rand, “Exotic phenomena in games and duopoly models,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 173–184, 1978.
- T. Puu, “Chaos in business cycles,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 457–473, 1991.
- T. Puu, “Complex dynamics with three oligopolists,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2075–2081, 1996.
- M. Kopel, “Simple and complex adjustment dynamics in Cournot duopoly models,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2031–2048, 1996.
- W. A. Brock and C. H. Hommes, “Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 22, no. 8-9, pp. 1235–1274, 1998.
- W. J. Den Haan, “The importance of the number of different agents in a heterogeneous asset-pricing model,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 721–746, 2001.
- Z. W. Ding, Q. L. Hang, and L. X. Tian, “Analysis of the dynamics of Cournot team-game with heterogeneous players,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 3, pp. 1098–1105, 2009.
- T. Dubiel-Teleszynski, “Nonlinear dynamics in a heterogeneous duopoly game with adjusting players and diseconomies of scale,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 296–308, 2011.
- Y. Q. Fan, T. Xie, and J. G. Du, “Complex dynamics of duopoly game with heterogeneous players: a further analysis of the output model,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 15, pp. 7829–7838, 2012.
- T. Onozaki, G. Sieg, and M. Yokoo, “Stability, chaos and multiple attractors: a single agent makes a difference,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 1917–1938, 2003.
- J. X. Zhang, Q. L. Da, and Y. H. Wang, “Analysis of nonlinear duopoly game with heterogeneous players,” Economic Modelling, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 138–148, 2007.
- W. H. Huang, “Caution implies profit,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, vol. 27, pp. 257–277, 1995.
- X.-Z. He and F. H. Westerhoff, “Commodity markets, price limiters and speculative price dynamics,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1577–1596, 2005.
- J. G. Du, T. G. Huang, Z. H. Sheng, and H. B. Zhang, “A new method to control chaos in an economic system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 6, pp. 2370–2380, 2010.
- R. Stoop and C. Wagner, “Scaling properties of simple limiter control,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 90, no. 15, Article ID 154101, 4 pages, 2003.
- C. Wagner and R. Stoop, “Optimized chaos control with simple limiters,” Physical Review E, vol. 63, Article ID 017201, 2 pages, 2000.
- X. Zhang and K. Shen, “Controlling spatiotemporal chaos via phase space compression,” Physical Review E, vol. 63, pp. 46212–46217, 2001.