- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 407908, 6 pages
Self-Adjointness, Symmetries, and Conservation Laws for a Class of Wave Equations Incorporating Dissipation
Institute of Applied Mathematics and Engineering Computations, Hangzhou Dianzi University, Zhejiang 310018, China
Received 17 February 2013; Revised 30 April 2013; Accepted 13 May 2013
Academic Editor: Qian Guo
Copyright © 2013 Yang Wang and Long Wei. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Barone, F. Esposito, C. G. Magee, and A. C. Scott, “Theory and applications of the sine-gordon equation,” La Rivista del Nuovo Cimento, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 227–267, 1971.
- W. F. Ames, R. J. Lohner, and E. Adams, “Group properties of ,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 16, no. 5-6, pp. 439–447, 1981.
- M. Torrisi and A. Valenti, “Group properties and invariant solutions for infinitesimal transformations of a nonlinear wave equation,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 135–144, 1985.
- M. Torrisi and A. Valenti, “Group analysis and some solutions of a nonlinear wave equation,” Atti del Seminario Matematico e Fisico dell'Università di Modena, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 445–458, 1990.
- N. H. Ibragimov, Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations-Symmetries, Exact Solutions and Conservation Laws, CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1994.
- A. Oron and P. Rosenau, “Some symmetries of the nonlinear heat and wave equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 118, no. 4, pp. 172–176, 1986.
- J. G. Kingston and C. Sophocleous, “Symmetries and form-preserving transformations of one-dimensional wave equations with dissipation,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 987–997, 2001.
- N. H. Ibragimov, “A new conservation theorem,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 333, no. 1, pp. 311–328, 2007.
- M. S. Bruzón, M. L. Gandarias, and N. H. Ibragimov, “Self-adjoint sub-classes of generalized thin film equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 357, no. 1, pp. 307–313, 2009.
- I. L. Freire, “Conservation laws for self-adjoint first-order evolution equation,” Journal of Nonlinear Mathematical Physics, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 279–290, 2011.
- I. L. Freire, “Self-adjoint sub-classes of third and fourth-order evolution equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 22, pp. 9467–9473, 2011.
- N. H. Ibragimov, “Quasi-self-adjoint differential equations,” Archives of ALGA, vol. 4, pp. 55–60, 2007.
- N. H. Ibragimov, M. Torrisi, and R. Tracinà, “Quasi self-adjoint nonlinear wave equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, no. 44, Article ID 442001, 2010.
- N. H. Ibragimov, M. Torrisi, and R. Tracinà, “Self-adjointness and conservation laws of a generalized Burgers equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 44, no. 14, Article ID 145201, 2011.
- M. Torrisi and R. Tracinà, “Quasi self-adjointness of a class of third order nonlinear dispersive equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1496–1502, 2013.
- M. L. Gandarias, “Weak self-adjoint differential equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 44, no. 26, Article ID 262001, 2011.
- M. L. Gandarias, M. Redondo, and M. S. Bruzón, “Some weak self-adjoint Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman equations arising in financial mathematics,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 340–347, 2012.
- N. H. Ibragimov, “Nonlinear self-adjointness and conservation laws,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 44, Article ID 432002, 2011.
- N. H. Ibragimov, “Nonlinear self-adjointness in constructing conservation laws,” Archives of ALGA, vol. 7/8, pp. 1–90, 2011.
- I. L. Freire and J. C. S. Sampaio, “Nonlinear self-adjointness of a generalized fifth-order KdV equation,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 45, no. 3, Article ID 032001, 2012.
- I. L. Freire, “New classes of nonlinearly self-adjoint evolution equations of third- and fifth-order,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 493–499, 2013.
- P. J. Olver, Applications of Lie Groups to Differential Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1986.