- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 412638, 8 pages
Brain Stroke Detection by Microwaves Using Prior Information from Clinical Databases
1Instituto Gregorio Millán, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 28911 Leganés, Madrid, Spain
2Departamento de Ciencia e Ingeniería de Materiales e Ingeniería Química, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 28911 Leganés, Madrid, Spain
Received 18 December 2012; Revised 22 April 2013; Accepted 24 April 2013
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2013 Natalia Irishina and Aurora Torrente. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Ma, J. Ly, and G. A. Donnan, “TIA and stroke: a management guide for GPs,” Medicine Today, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 14–23, 2006.
- S. Y. Semenov and D. R. Corfield, “Microwave tomography for brain imaging: feasibility assessment for stroke detection,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2008, Article ID 254830, 8 pages, 2008.
- W. T. Joines, Y. Zhang, C. Li, and R. L. Jirtle, “The measured electrical properties of normal and malignant human tissues from 50 to 900 MHz,” Medical Physics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 547–550, 1994.
- S. Y. Semenov, R. H. Svenson, and G. P. Tatsis, “Microwave spectroscopy of myocardial ischemia and infarction. 1. Experimental study,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 48–54, 2000.
- S. Y. Semenov, R. H. Svenson, V. G. Posukh et al., “Dielectrical spectroscopy of canine myocardium during acute ischemia and hypoxia at frequency spectrum from 100 kHz to 6 GHz,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 703–707, 2002.
- K. W. Muir, A. Buchan, R. von Kummer, J. Rother, and J. C. Baron, “Imaging of acute stroke,” Lancet Neurology, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 755–768, 2006.
- D. Ireland and M. Bialkowski, “Feasibility study on microwave stroke detection using a realistic phantom and the FDTD method,” in Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC '10), pp. 1360–1363, December 2010.
- D. Ireland and M. Bialkowski, “Microwave head imaging for stroke detection,” Progress in Electromagnetic Reseach, vol. 21, pp. 163–175, 2011.
- N. Irishina, D. Álvarez, O. Dorn, and M. Moscoso, “Structural level set inversion for microwave breast screening,” Inverse Problems, vol. 26, no. 3, Article ID 035015, 2010.
- D. Andreucetti, R. Fossi, and C. Petrucci, “Internet resource for the calculation of the dielectric properties of body tissues in frequency range 10 Hz–100 GHz,” 2010, http://niremf.ifac.cnr.it/tissprop/.
- Image Data Archive at the Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, https://ida.loni.ucla.edu/.
- O. Dorn, E. L. Miller, and C. M. Rappaport, “A shape reconstruction method for electromagnetic tomography using adjoint fields and level sets,” Inverse Problems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 1119–1156, 2000.
- C. Gabriel, S. Gabriel, and E. Corthout, “The dielectric properties of biological tissues. III: parametric models for the dielectric spectrum of tissue,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2271–2293, 1996.