- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 412796, 10 pages
Strong Proximal Continuity and Convergence
1Department of Mathematics, Seconda Università degli Studi di Napoli, 81100 Caserta, Italy
2Department of Mathematics, Politecnico di Milano, 20133 Milano, Italy
396 Dewson Street, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3, Canada
Received 16 October 2012; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Yuriy Rogovchenko
Copyright © 2013 Agata Caserta et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Beer and S. Levi, “Strong uniform continuity,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 350, no. 2, pp. 568–589, 2009.
- A. Caserta, G. Di Maio, and L. Holá, “Arzelà's Theorem and strong uniform convergence on bornologies,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 371, no. 1, pp. 384–392, 2010.
- N. Bouleau, “Une structure uniforme sur un espace F(E; F),” Cahiers de Topologie et Géométrie Différentielle Catégoriques, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 207–214, 1969.
- N. Bouleau, “On the coarsest topology preserving continuity,” http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0610373.
- G. Beer, “The Alexandroff property and the preservation of strong uniform continuity,” Applied General Topology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 117–133, 2010.
- M. S. Gagrat and S. A. Naimpally, “Proximity approach to extension problems,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 63–76, 1971.
- S. Leader, “On the completion of proximity spaces by local clusters,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 48, pp. 201–215, 1960.
- O. Njastad, “Some properties of proximity and generalized uniformity,” Mathematica Scandinavica, vol. 12, pp. 47–56, 1963.
- A. Di Concilio and S. A. Naimpally, “Proximal convergence,” Monatshefte für Mathematik, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 93–102, 1987.
- A. Di Concilio and S. Naimpally, “Proximal set-open topologies,” Bollettino della Unione Matematica Italiana B, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 173–191, 2000.
- G. Di Maio, E. Meccariello, and S. Naimpally, “Hyper-continuous convergence in function spaces,” Questions and Answers in General Topology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 157–162, 2004.
- G. Di Maio, E. Meccariello, and S. Naimpally, “Hyper-continuous convergence in function spaces. II,” Ricerche di Matematica, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 245–254, 2005.
- G. Di Maio, E. Meccariello, and S. A. Naimpally, “A natural functor for hyperspaces,” Topology Proceedings, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 385–410, 2005.
- G. Beer and S. Levi, “Pseudometrizable bornological convergence is Attouch-Wets convergence,” Journal of Convex Analysis, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 439–453, 2008.
- G. Beer, C. Costantini, and S. Levi, “Bornological convergence and shields,” Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics, pp. 1–32, 2011.
- S. Naimpally and B. D. Warrack:, Proximity Spaces, Cambridge University Press, London, UK, 2008.
- A. Di Concilio, “Proximity: a powerful tool in extension theory, function spaces, hyperspaces, boolean algebras and point-free geometry,” in Beyond Topology, F. Mynard and E. Elliott, Eds., vol. 486 of Contemporary Mathematics, pp. 89–112, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 2009.
- S. Naimpally, Proximity Approach to Problems in Topology and Analysis, Oldenbourg, München, Germany, 2009.
- S. A. Naimpally, “Graph topology for function spaces,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 123, pp. 267–272, 1966.