- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 414353, 7 pages
Improved ()-Expansion Method for the Space and Time Fractional Foam Drainage and KdV Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Education Faculty, Dicle University, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
2Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO 65409-0020, USA
3Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Department of Mathematics, Science Faculty, Fırat University, 23119 Elazığ, Turkey
Received 10 June 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Santanu Saha Ray
Copyright © 2013 Ali Akgül et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999, An introduction to fractional derivatives, fractional differential equations, to methods of their solution and some of their applications.
- C. Li, A. Chen, and J. Ye, “Numerical approaches to fractional calculus and fractional ordinary differential equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 230, no. 9, pp. 3352–3368, 2011.
- X. Yang, “Local fractional integral transforms,” Progress in Nonlinear Science, no. 4, pp. 1–225, 2011.
- S. Momani and Z. Odibat, “A novel method for nonlinear fractional partial differential equations: combination of DTM and generalized Taylor's formula,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 85–95, 2008.
- J. Sabatier, A. Oustaloup, J. C. Trigeasson, and N. Maamri, “A Lyapunov approach to the stability of fractional differential equations,” Signal Processing, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 437–445, 2011.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method with an auxiliary term,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 857612, 7 pages, 2012.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and S. Bhalekar, “Solving multi-term linear and non-linear diffusion-wave equations of fractional order by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 113–120, 2008.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and H. Jafari, “Solving a multi-order fractional differential equation using Adomian decomposition,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 541–548, 2007.
- J. He, “Variational iteration method for delay differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 235–236, 1997.
- J. H. He, “Variational iteration method for delay differential equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 25, pp. 3–17, 2007.
- M. Inc, “The approximate and exact solutions of the space- and time-fractional Burgers equations with initial conditions by variational iteration method,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 476–484, 2008.
- S. Liao, “On the homotopy analysis method for nonlinear problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 499–513, 2004.
- M. Ganjiani, “Solution of nonlinear fractional differential equations using homotopy analysis method,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1634–1641, 2010.
- J. Liu and G. Hou, “Numerical solutions of the space- and time-fractional coupled Burgers equations by generalized differential transform method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 16, pp. 7001–7008, 2011.
- M. Cui, “Compact finite difference method for the fractional diffusion equation,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 228, no. 20, pp. 7792–7804, 2009.
- H. Zhan, Q. Huang, and G. Huang, “Finite element solution for the fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1578–1589, 2008.
- S. Zhang and H.-Q. Zhang, “Fractional sub-equation method and its applications to nonlinear fractional PDEs,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1069–1073, 2011.
- S. Guo, L. Mei, Y. Fang, and Z. Qiu, “Compacton and solitary pattern solutions for nonlinear dispersive KdV-type equations involving Jumarie's fractional derivative,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 3, pp. 158–164, 2012.
- B. Tang, Y. He, L. Wei, and X. Zhang, “A generalized fractional sub-equation method for fractional differential equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 38-39, pp. 2588–2590, 2012.
- B. Lu, “The first integral method for some time fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 395, no. 2, pp. 684–693, 2012.
- Z. Bin, “-expansion method for solving fractional partial differential equations,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 58, pp. 623–630, 2012.
- S. Omran and K. A. Gepreel, “Exact solutions for nonlinear partial fractional differential equations,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, Article ID 110204, 2012.
- G. Jumarie, “Modified Riemann-Liouville derivative and fractional Taylor series of nondifferentiable functions further results,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 9-10, pp. 1367–1376, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “New stochastic fractional models for Malthusian growth, the Poissonian birth process and optimal management of populations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 44, no. 3-4, pp. 231–254, 2006.
- J. Guy, “Lagrange characteristic method for solving a class of nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters of Rapid Publication, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 873–880, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “Table of some basic fractional calculus formulae derived from a modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for non-differentiable functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters of Rapid Publication, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 378–385, 2009.
- A. Golbabai and K. Sayevand, “Analytical treatment of differential equations with fractional coordinate derivatives,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1003–1012, 2011.
- A. Golbabai and K. Sayevand, “Analytical modelling of fractional advection-dispersion equation defined in a bounded space domain,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 9-10, pp. 1708–1718, 2011.
- A. Golbabai and K. Sayevand, “Solitary pattern solutions for fractional Zakharov-Kuznetsov equations with fully nonlinear dispersion,” Applied Mathematics Letters of Rapid Publication, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 757–766, 2012.
- K. Sayevand, A. Golbabai, and A. Yildirim, “Analysis of differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 4356–4364, 2012.
- Z. Li, X. Liu, and W. Zhang, “Application of improved -expansion method to traveling wave solutions of two nonlinear evolution equations,” Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 122–131, 2012.
- Z. B. Li and J. H. He, “Converting fractional differential equations into partial differential equations,” Thermal Science, vol. 16, pp. 331–334, 2012.
- J. H. He and Z. B. Li, “Application of the fractional complex transform to fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 2, pp. 121–126, 2011.
- M. P. Brenner, J. Eggers, S. A. Koehler, and H. A. Stone, “Dynamics of foam drainage,” Physical Review E, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 2097–2106, 1998.
- S. Hutzler and D. L. Weaire, The Physics of Foams, oxford university press, Oxford, UK, 2000.
- J. Banhart and W. Brinkers, “Fatigue behavior of aluminum foams,” Journal of Materials Science Letters, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 617–619, 1999.
- A. Fereidoon, H. Yaghoobi, and M. Davoudabadi, “Application of the homotopy perturbation method for solving the foam drainage equation,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2011, Article ID 864023, 13 pages, 2011.
- M. A. Helal and M. S. Mehanna, “The tanh method and Adomian decomposition method for solving the foam drainage equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 599–609, 2007.
- F. Khani, S. Hamedi-Nezhad, M. T. Darvishi, and S.-W. Ryu, “New solitary wave and periodic solutions of the foam drainage equation using the Exp-function method,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1904–1911, 2009.
- N. A. Kudryashov and M. B. Soukharev, “Popular ansatz methods and solitary wave solutions of the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky equation,” Regular and Chaotic Dynamics, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 407–419, 2009.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Seven common errors in finding exact solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 9-10, pp. 3507–3529, 2009.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “A note on the -expansion method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1755–1758, 2010.
- N. A. Kudryashov and N. B. Loguinova, “Be careful with the Exp-function method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1881–1890, 2009.