- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 423605, 9 pages
The Hermitian -Conjugate Generalized Procrustes Problem
1Department of Applied Mathematics, Shanghai Finance University, Shanghai 201209, China
2School of Mathematics and Computational Science, Guilin University of Electronic Technology, Guilin 541004, China
3Department of Mathematics, Shanghai University, Shanghai 200444, China
Received 10 May 2013; Accepted 14 August 2013
Academic Editor: Masoud Hajarian
Copyright © 2013 Hai-Xia Chang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. F. Green, “The orthogonal approximation of an oblique structure in factor analysis,” Psychometrika, vol. 17, pp. 429–440, 1952.
- N. J. Higham, “The symmetric Procrustes problem,” BIT Numerical Mathematics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 133–143, 1988.
- J. Peng, X.-Y. Hu, and L. Zhang, “The -symmetric Procrustes problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 198, no. 1, pp. 24–34, 2008.
- W. F. Trench, “Hermitian, Hermitian R-symmetric, and Hermitian R-skew symmetric Procrustes problems,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 387, pp. 83–98, 2004.
- L.-E. Andersson and T. Elfving, “A constrained Procrustes problem,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 124–139, 1997.
- J. C. Gower, “Generalized Procrustes analysis,” Psychometrika, vol. 40, pp. 33–51, 1975.
- H. Dai, “On the symmetric solutions of linear matrix equations,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 131, pp. 1–7, 1990.
- Z.-Y. Peng and X.-Y. Hu, “The reflexive and anti-reflexive solutions of the matrix equation ,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 375, pp. 147–155, 2003.
- R. A. Horn, V. V. Sergeichuk, and N. Shaked-Monderer, “Solution of linear matrix equations in a ∗congruence class,” Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra, vol. 13, pp. 153–156, 2005.
- G. K. Hua, X. Hu, and L. Zhang, “A new iterative method for the matrix equation ,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 15, pp. 1434–1441, 2007.
- A. D. Porter, “Solvability of the matrix equation ,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 177–184, 1976.
- Q.-W. Wang and J. Yu, “On the generalized bi (skew-) symmetric solutions of a linear matrix equation and its procrust problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 19, pp. 9872–9884, 2013.
- Y. S. Hanna, “On the solutions of tridiagonal linear systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 2, pp. 2011–2016, 2007.
- C.-Z. Dong, Q.-W. Wang, and Y.-P. Zhang, “On the Hermitian R-conjugate solution of a system of matrix equations,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 398085, 14 pages, 2012.
- W. F. Trench, “Characterization and properties of matrices with generalized symmetry or skew symmetry,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 377, pp. 207–218, 2004.
- T. Huckle, S. Serra-Capizzano, and C. Tablino-Possio, “Preconditioning strategies for Hermitian indefinite Toeplitz linear systems,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1633–1654, 2004.
- R. H. Chan, A. M. Yip, and M. K. Ng, “The best circulant preconditioners for Hermitian Toeplitz systems,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 876–896, 2000.
- A. Lee, “Centro-Hermitian and skew-centro-Hermitian matrices,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 29, pp. 205–210, 1980.
- A. V. Oppenheim, Applications of Digital Signal Processing, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, Calif, USA, 1978.
- M. K. Ng, R. J. Plemmons, and F. Pimentel, “A new approach to constrained total least squares image restoration,” Linear Algebra and Its Applications, vol. 316, no. 1–3, pp. 237–258, 2000.
- R. Kouassi, P. Gouton, and M. Paindavoine, “Approximation of the Karhunen-Loève tranformation and its application to colour images,” Signal Processing: Image Commu, vol. 16, pp. 541–551, 2001.
- Y.-B. Deng, X.-Y. Hu, and L. Zhang, “Least squares solution of over symmetric, skew-symmetric, and positive semidefinite X,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 486–494, 2003.