- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 426462, 8 pages
Fractional Complex Transform and exp-Function Methods for Fractional Differential Equations
1Eskisehir Osmangazi University, Art-Science Faculty, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 26480 Eskişehir, Turkey
2Dumlupınar University, School of Applied Sciences, Department of Management Information Systems, 43100 Kütahya, Turkey
3Yildiz Technical University, Education Faculty, Department of Mathematics Education, 34220 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 1 March 2013; Accepted 21 March 2013
Academic Editor: Mustafa Bayram
Copyright © 2013 Ahmet Bekir et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Akademic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional differential equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA, 1999.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- S. Zhang, Q.-A. Zong, D. Liu, and Q. Gao, “A generalized exp-function method for fractional riccati differential equations,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 48–51, 2010.
- S. Zhang and H.-Q. Zhang, “Fractional sub-equation method and its applications to nonlinear fractional PDEs,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1069–1073, 2011.
- B. Tang, Y. He, L. Wei, and X. Zhang, “A generalized fractional sub-equation method for fractional differential equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 38-39, pp. 2588–2590, 2012.
- S. Guo, L. Mei, Y. Li, and Y. Sun, “The improved fractional sub-equation method and its applications to the space-time fractional differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 407–411, 2012.
- B. Zheng, “(G′/G)-expansion method for solving fractional partial differential equations in the theory of mathematical physics,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 623–630, 2012.
- K. A. Gepreel and S. Omran, “Exact solutions for nonlinear partial fractional differential equations,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, no. 11, Article ID 110204, 2012.
- B. Lu, “The first integral method for some time fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 395, no. 2, pp. 684–693, 2012.
- J.-H. He, S. K. Elagan, and Z. B. Li, “Geometrical explanation of the fractional complex transform and derivative chain rule for fractional calculus,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 257–259, 2012.
- R. W. Ibrahim, “Fractional complex transforms for fractional differential equations,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 192, 2012.
- J.-H. He and X.-H. Wu, “Exp-function method for nonlinear wave equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 700–708, 2006.
- S. Zhang, “Application of Exp-function method to high-dimensional nonlinear evolution equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 270–276, 2008.
- A. Bekir and A. C. Cevikel, “New solitons and periodic solutions for nonlinear physical models in mathematical physics,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3275–3285, 2010.
- S. A. El-Wakil, M. A. Madkour, and M. A. Abdou, “Application of Exp-function method for nonlinear evolution equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 369, no. 1-2, pp. 62–69, 2007.
- S. D. Zhu, “Exp-function method for the Hybrid-Lattice system,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 461–464, 2007.
- A. Bekir, “Application of the exp-function method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 11, pp. 4049–4053, 2010.
- C. Q. Dai and J. L. Chen, “New analytic solutions of stochastic coupled KdV equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 2200–2207, 2009.
- M. Caputo, “Linear models of dissipation whose Q is almost frequency independent II,” Geophysical Journal International, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 529–539, 1967.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional integrals and derivatives, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Switzerland, 1993.
- G. Jumarie, “Modified Riemann-Liouville derivative and fractional Taylor series of nondifferentiable functions further results,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 9-10, pp. 1367–1376, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “Table of some basic fractional calculus formulae derived from a modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for non-differentiable functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 378–385, 2009.
- Z.-B. Li and J.-H. He, “Fractional complex transform for fractional differential equations,” Mathematical & Computational Applications, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 970–973, 2010.
- Z.-B. Li and J.-H. He, “Application of the fractional complex transform to fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 2, pp. 121–126, 2011.
- J.-H. He and M. A. Abdou, “New periodic solutions for nonlinear evolution equations using exp-function method,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1421–1429, 2007.
- A. Ebaid, “Exact solitary wave solutions for some nonlinear evolution equations via exp-function method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 365, no. 3, pp. 213–219, 2007.
- A. Bekir, “The exp-function method for Ostrovsky equation,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 735–739, 2009.
- A. M. A. El-Sayed, S. Z. Rida, and A. A. M. Arafa, “Exact solutions of fractional-order biological population model,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 992–996, 2009.
- B. Lu, “Bäcklund transformation of fractional Riccati equation and its applications to nonlinear fractional partial differential equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 28-29, pp. 2045–2048, 2012.
- M. Inc, “The approximate and exact solutions of the space- and time-fractional Burgers equations with initial conditions by variational iteration method,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 345, no. 1, pp. 476–484, 2008.
- H. Jafari, H. Tajadodi, N. Kadkhoda, and D. Baleanu, “Fractional subequation method for Cahn-Hilliard and Klein-Gordon equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 587179, 5 pages, 2013.
- S. M. Choo, S. K. Chung, and Y. J. Lee, “A conservative difference scheme for the viscous Cahn-Hilliard equation with a nonconstant gradient energy coefficient,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 51, no. 2-3, pp. 207–219, 2004.
- J. Kim, “A numerical method for the Cahn-Hilliard equation with a variable mobility,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1560–1571, 2007.