- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 432509, 6 pages
Solvability of Some Boundary Value Problems for Fractional -Laplacian Equation
Department of Mathematics, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou 221116, China
Received 4 July 2013; Accepted 9 September 2013
Academic Editor: Chuanzhi Bai
Copyright © 2013 Taiyong Chen and Wenbin Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Metzler and J. Klafter, “Boundary value problems for fractional diffusion equations,” Physica A, vol. 278, no. 1-2, pp. 107–125, 2000.
- H. Scher and E. W. Montroll, “Anomalous transit-time dispersion in amorphous solids,” Physical Review B, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 2455–2477, 1975.
- F. Mainardi, “Fractional diffusive waves in viscoelastic solids,” in Nonlinear Waves in Solids, J. L. Wegner and F. R. Norwood, Eds., Fairfield, 1995.
- K. Diethelm and A. D. Freed, “On the solution of nonlinear fractional order differential equations used in the modeling of viscoplasticity,” in Scientific Computing in Chemical Engineering II: Computational Fluid Dynamics, Reaction Engineering and Molecular Properties, F. Keil, W. Mackens, H. Voss, and J. Werther, Eds., Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1999.
- L. Gaul, P. Klein, and S. Kemple, “Damping description involving fractional operators,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 81–88, 1991.
- W. G. Glockle and T. F. Nonnenmacher, “A fractional calculus approach to self-similar protein dynamics,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 68, pp. 46–53, 1995.
- F. Mainardi, “Fractional calculus: some basic problems in continuum and statistical mechanics,” in Fractals and Fractional Calculus in Continuum Mechanics, A. Carpinteri and F. Mainardi, Eds., vol. 378 of CISM Courses and Lectures, pp. 291–348, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- R. Metzler, W. Schick, H. G. Kilian, and T. F. Nonnenmacher, “Relaxation in filled polymers: a fractional calculus approach,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 103, no. 16, pp. 7180–7186, 1995.
- E. Pereira, C. A. Monje, B. M. Vinagre, and F. Gordillho, “Matlab toolbox for the analysis of fractional order systems with hard nonlinearities,” in Proceedings of the First IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and Its Applications (FDA '04), pp. 214–219, Bordeaux, France, July 2004.
- A. Babakhani and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Existence of positive solutions of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 278, no. 2, pp. 434–442, 2003.
- D. Delbosco and L. Rodino, “Existence and uniqueness for a nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 204, no. 2, pp. 609–625, 1996.
- A. A. Kilbas and J. J. Trujillo, “Differential equations of fractional order: methods, results and problems-I,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 78, no. 1-2, pp. 153–192, 2001.
- A. A. Kilbas and J. J. Trujillo, “Differential equations of fractional order: methods, results and problems-II,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 435–493, 2002.
- R. P. Agarwal, D. O'Regan, and S. Staněk, “Positive solutions for Dirichlet problems of singular nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 371, no. 1, pp. 57–68, 2010.
- Z. Bai, “On solutions of some fractional -point boundary value problems at resonance,” Electronic Journal of Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, vol. 37, pp. 1–15, 2010.
- M. Benchohra, S. Hamani, and S. K. Ntouyas, “Boundary value problems for differential equations with fractional order and nonlocal conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 7-8, pp. 2391–2396, 2009.
- Z. Bai and H. Lü, “Positive solutions for boundary value problem of nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 311, no. 2, pp. 495–505, 2005.
- M. El-Shahed and J. J. Nieto, “Nontrivial solutions for a nonlinear multi-point boundary value problem of fractional order,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 3438–3443, 2010.
- W. Jiang, “The existence of solutions to boundary value problems of fractional differential equations at resonance,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 1987–1994, 2011.
- N. Kosmatov, “A boundary value problem of fractional order at resonance,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, no. 135, pp. 1–10, 2010.
- X. Su, “Boundary value problem for a coupled system of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 64–69, 2009.
- L. S. Leibenson, “General problem of the movement of a compressible fluid in a porous medium,” Izvestiia Akademii Nauk Kirgizskoĭ SSSR, pp. 7–10, 1983 (Russian).
- T. Chen, W. Liu, and C. Yang, “Antiperiodic solutions for Liénard-type differential equation with -Laplacian operator,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2010, Article ID 194824, 12 pages, 2010.
- D. Jiang and W. Gao, “Upper and lower solution method and a singular boundary value problem for the one-dimensional -Laplacian,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 631–648, 2000.
- L. F. Lian and W. G. Ge, “The existence of solutions of -point -Laplacian boundary value problems at resonance,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 288–295, 2005.
- B. Liu and J. S. Yu, “Existence of solutions for the periodic boundary value problems with -Laplacian operator,” Journal of Systems Science and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 76–85, 2003.
- J. J. Zhang, W. B. Liu, J. B. Ni, and T. Y. Chen, “Multiple periodic solutions of -Laplacian equation with one-side Nagumo condition,” Journal of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 1549–1559, 2008.
- T. Chen and W. Liu, “An anti-periodic boundary value problem for the fractional differential equation with a -Laplacian operator,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1671–1675, 2012.
- S. Yao, G. Wang, Z. Li, and L. Yu, “Positive solutions for three-point boundary value problem of fractional differential equation with -Laplacian operator,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2013, Article ID 376938, 7 pages, 2013.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach Science, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. Manásevich and J. Mawhin, “Periodic solutions for nonlinear systems with -Laplacian-like operators,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 367–393, 1998.