- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 432936, 12 pages
Oscillation and Nonoscillation of Asymptotically Almost Periodic Half-Linear Difference Equations
1Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Masaryk University, Kotlářská 2, 611 37 Brno, Czech Republic
2Department of Mathematics, Mendel University in Brno, Zemědělská 1, 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Received 18 March 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Ondrej Dosly
Copyright © 2013 Michal Veselý and Petr Hasil. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Řehák, “Oscillatory properties of second order half-linear difference equations,” Czechoslovak Mathematical Journal, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 303–321, 2001.
- O. Došlý and S. Fišnarová, “Linearized Riccati technique and (non-)oscillation criteria for half-linear difference equations,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2008, Article ID 438130, 18 pages, 2008.
- O. Došlý and P. Řehák, “Nonoscillation criteria for half-linear second-order difference equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 42, no. 3-5, pp. 453–464, 2001.
- H. A. El-Morshedy, “Oscillation and nonoscillation criteria for half-linear second order difference equations,” Dynamic Systems and Applications, vol. 15, no. 3-4, pp. 429–450, 2006.
- J. Jiang and X. Tang, “Oscillation of second order half-linear difference equations (II),” Applied Mathematics Letters of Rapid Publication, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1495–1501, 2011.
- P. Řehák, “Generalized discrete Riccati equation and oscillation of half-linear difference equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 34, no. 3-4, pp. 257–269, 2001.
- P. Řehák, “Oscillation criteria for second order half-linear difference equations,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 483–505, 2001.
- Y. G. Sun and F. W. Meng, “Nonoscillation and oscillation of second order half-linear difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 121–127, 2008.
- E. Thandapani, K. Ravi, and J. R. Graef, “Oscillation and comparison theorems for half-linear second-order difference equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 42, no. 6-7, pp. 953–960, 2001.
- O. Došlý and S. Fišnarová, “Two-parametric conditionally oscillatory half-linear differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 182827, 16 pages, 2011.
- O. Došlý and H. Funková, “Perturbations of half-linear Euler differential equation and transformations of modified Riccati equation,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 738472, 19 pages, 2012.
- S. Fišnarová and R. Mařík, “On constants in nonoscillation criteria for half-linear differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 638271, 15 pages, 2011.
- O. Došlý, J. R. Graef, and J. Jaroš, “Forced oscillation of second order linear and half-linear difference equations,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 131, no. 9, pp. 2859–2867, 2003.
- P. J. Y. Wong and R. P. Agarwal, “Oscillations and nonoscillations of half-linear difference equations generated by deviating arguments,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 36, no. 10-12, pp. 11–26, 1998.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. Bohner, S. R. Grace, and D. O'Regan, Discrete Oscillation Theory, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- P. R. Beesack, “Hardy's inequality and its extensions,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 11, pp. 39–61, 1961.
- Á. Elbert, “A half-linear second order differential equation,” in Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations, Vol. I, II (Szeged, 1979), vol. 30 of Colloquia Mathematica Societatis János Bolyai, pp. 153–180, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1981.
- J. D. Mirzov, “On some analogs of Sturm's and Kneser's theorems for nonlinear systems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 418–425, 1976.
- O. Došlý and P. Řehák, Half-Linear Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2005.
- P. Hasil and M. Veselý, “Oscillation of half-linear differential equations with asymptotically almost periodic coefficients,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, no. 122, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- R. P. Agarwal, Difference Equations and Inequalities: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- W. G. Kelley and A. C. Peterson, Difference Equations: An Introduction with Applications, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2001.
- A. Kneser, “Untersuchungen über die reellen Nullstellen der Integrale linearer Differentialgleichungen,” Mathematische Annalen, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 409–435, 1893.
- P. B. Naĭman, “The set of isolated points of increase of the spectral function pertaining to a limit-constant Jacobi matrix,” Izvestija Vysših Učebnyh Zavedeniĭ Matematika, vol. 1959, no. 1 (8), pp. 129–135, 1959 (Russian).
- F. Gesztesy and M. Ünal, “Perturbative oscillation criteria and Hardy-type inequalities,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 189, pp. 121–144, 1998.
- K. M. Schmidt, “Critical coupling constants and eigenvalue asymptotics of perturbed periodic Sturm-Liouville operators,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 211, no. 2, pp. 465–485, 2000.
- H. Krüger, “On perturbations of quasiperiodic Schrödinger operators,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 249, no. 6, pp. 1305–1321, 2010.
- H. Krüger and G. Teschl, “Effective Prüfer angles and relative oscillation criteria,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 245, no. 12, pp. 3823–3848, 2008.
- P. Hasil and M. Veselý, “Critical oscillation constant for difference equations with almost periodic coefficients,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 471435, 19 pages, 2012.
- F. Luef and G. Teschl, “On the finiteness of the number of eigenvalues of Jacobi operators below the essential spectrum,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 299–307, 2004.
- P. Hasil, “Conditional oscillation of half-linear differential equations with periodic coefficients,” Archivum Mathematicum, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 119–131, 2008.
- O. Došlý and P. Hasil, “Critical oscillation constant for half-linear differential equations with periodic coefficients,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata IV, vol. 190, no. 3, pp. 395–408, 2011.
- C. Corduneanu, Almost Periodic Functions, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1968.
- M. Veselý, “Construction of almost periodic sequences with given properties,” Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2008, no. 126, pp. 1–22, 2008.
- K. Fan, “Les fonctions asymptotiquement presque-périodiques d'une variable entière et leur application à l'étude de l'itération des transformations continues,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 48, pp. 685–711, 1943.
- P. Řehák, “Hartman-Wintner type lemma, oscillation, and conjugacy criteria for half-linear difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 813–827, 2000.