- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 436919, 6 pages
On Standing Wave Solutions for Discrete Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations
Department of Applied Mathematics, Yuncheng University, Yuncheng, Shanxi 044000, China
Received 13 June 2013; Revised 14 July 2013; Accepted 14 July 2013
Academic Editor: Juan J. Nieto
Copyright © 2013 Guowei Sun. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Christodoulides and R. Joseph, “Discrete self-focusing in nonlinear arrays of coupled waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 13, pp. 794–796, 1988.
- A. B. Aceves, “Optical gap solitons: past, present, and future; theory and experiments,” Chaos, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 584–589, 2000.
- J. C. Bronski, M. Segev, and M. I. Weinstein, “Mathematical frontiers in optical solitons,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 23, pp. 12872–12873, 2001.
- A. A. Sukhorukov and Y. S. Kivshar, “Generation and stability of discrete gap solitons,” Optics Letters, vol. 28, no. 23, pp. 2345–2347, 2003.
- M. I. Weinstein, “Excitation thresholds for nonlinear localized modes on lattices,” Nonlinearity, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 673–691, 1999.
- A. S. Davydov, “The theory of contraction of proteins under their excitation,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 559–569, 1973.
- S. Flach and A. V. Gorbach, “Discrete breathers—advances in theory and applications,” Physics Reports, vol. 467, no. 1–3, pp. 1–116, 2008.
- S. Flach and C. R. Willis, “Discrete breathers,” Physics Reports, vol. 295, no. 5, pp. 181–264, 1998.
- D. Hennig and G. P. Tsironis, “Wave transmission in nonlinear lattices,” Physics Reports, vol. 307, no. 5-6, pp. 333–432, 1999.
- W. Su, J. Schieer, and A. Heeger, “Solions in polyacetylene,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 42, pp. 1698–1701, 1979.
- J. C. Eilbeck, P. S. Lomdahl, and A. C. Scott, “The discrete self-trapping equation,” Physica D. Nonlinear Phenomena, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 318–338, 1985.
- A. Mai and Z. Zhou, “Ground state solutions for the periodic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations with superlinear nonlinearities,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 317139, 11 pages, 2013.
- A. Pankov, “Gap solitons in periodic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 27–40, 2006.
- A. Pankov, “Gap solitons in periodic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations. II. A generalized Nehari manifold approach,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 419–430, 2007.
- G. Zhang and A. Pankov, “Standing waves of the discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations with growing potentials,” Communications in Mathematical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 38–49, 2008.
- G. Zhang and A. Pankov, “Standing wave solutions of the discrete non-linear Schrödinger equations with unbounded potentials. II,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 89, no. 9, pp. 1541–1557, 2010.
- A. Pankov, “Standing waves for discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations: sign-changing nonlinearities,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 308–317, 2013.
- A. Pankov and G. Zhang, “Standing wave solutions for discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations with unbounded potentials and saturable nonlinearity,” Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 71–82, 2011.
- M. Willem, Minimax Theorems, Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and their Applications, 24, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1996.
- G. Zhang, “Breather solutions of the discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations with unbounded potentials,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 50, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- P. H. Rabinowitz, Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, vol. 65 of CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Washington, DC, USA, 1986.