- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 454097, 12 pages
Stability and Bifurcation Analysis for a Predator-Prey Model with Discrete and Distributed Delay
1College of Mathematics and Information Science, Shaanxi Normal University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710062, China
2School of Mathematics and Computer Science, Shanxi Normal University, Linfen, Shanxi 041004, China
Received 3 March 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Peixuan Weng
Copyright © 2013 Ruiqing Shi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. J. Lotka, Elements of Physical Biology, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1925.
- V. Volterra, “Variazioni e fluttuazioni del numero d'individui in specie animali conviventi,” Memorie Dell'Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, vol. 2, pp. 31–113, 1926.
- A. Leung, “Periodic solutions for a prey-predator differential delay equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 391–403, 1977.
- K. Gopalsamy, “Time lags and global stability in two-species competition,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 729–737, 1980.
- X. Wen and Z. Wang, “The existence of periodic solutions for some models with delay,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 567–581, 2002.
- X. Chen, “Periodicity in a nonlinear discrete predator-prey system with state dependent delays,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 435–446, 2007.
- X.-P. Yan and C.-H. Zhang, “Hopf bifurcation in a delayed Lokta-Volterra predator-prey system,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 114–127, 2008.
- X. He, “Stability and delays in a predator-prey system,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 198, no. 2, pp. 355–370, 1996.
- S. Ruan, “Absolute stability, conditional stability and bifurcation in Kolmogorov-type predator-prey systems with discrete delays,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 159–173, 2001.
- L. Wang, W. Li, and P. Zhao, “Existence and global stability of positive periodic solutions of discrete predator-prey system with delays,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 4, pp. 321–336, 2004.
- Y. Song and Y. Peng, “Stability and bifurcation analysis on a logistic model with discrete and distributed delays,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 2, pp. 1745–1757, 2006.
- W. Ma and Y. Takeuchi, “Stability analysis on a predator-prey system with distributed delays,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 79–94, 1998.
- B. Liu, Z. Teng, and L. Chen, “Analysis of a predator-prey model with Holling II functional response concerning impulsive control strategy,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 193, no. 1, pp. 347–362, 2006.
- R. Xu and Z. Wang, “Periodic solutions of a nonautonomous predator-prey system with stage structure and time delays,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 70–86, 2006.
- X.-P. Yan and Y.-D. Chu, “Stability and bifurcation analysis for a delayed Lotka-Volterra predator-prey system,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 198–210, 2006.
- Z. Teng and M. Rehim, “Persistence in nonautonomous predator-prey systems with infinite delays,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 302–321, 2006.
- G. Jiang and Q. Lu, “Impulsive state feedback control of a predator-prey model,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 193–207, 2007.
- Y. Kuang, Delay Differential Equations with Applications in Population Dynamics, vol. 191, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- L. Zhou, Y. Tang, and S. Hussein, “Stability and Hopf bifurcation for a delay competition diffusion system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1201–1225, 2002.
- S. Krise and S. Roy Choudhury, “Bifurcations and chaos in a predator-prey model with delay and a laser-diode system with self-sustained pulsations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 59–77, 2003.
- X. Liao and G. Chen, “Hopf bifurcation and chaos analysis of Chen's system with distributed delays,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 197–220, 2005.
- Z. Liu and R. Yuan, “Stability and bifurcation in a harvested one-predator–two-prey model with delays,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1395–1407, 2006.
- S. Zhang, D. Tan, and L. Chen, “Chaotic behavior of a chemostat model with Beddington-DeAngelis functional response and periodically impulsive invasion,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 474–482, 2006.
- X. Liu and D. Xiao, “Complex dynamic behaviors of a discrete-time predator-prey system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 80–94, 2007.
- F. Wang and G. Zeng, “Chaos in a Lotka-Volterra predator-prey system with periodically impulsive ratio-harvesting the prey and time delays,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1499–1512, 2007.
- C. Sun, M. Han, Y. Lin, and Y. Chen, “Global qualitative analysis for a predator-prey system with delay,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1582–1596, 2007.
- C. Çelik, “The stability and Hopf bifurcation for a predator-prey system with time delay,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 87–99, 2008.
- C. Çelik, “Hopf bifurcation of a ratio-dependent predator-prey system with time delay,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 1474–1484, 2009.
- C. Çelik, “Dynamical behavior of a ratio dependent predator-prey system with distributed delay,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 719–738, 2011.
- J. M. Cushing, Integro-Differential Equations and Delay Models in Population Dynamics, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1977.
- J. Wei and W. Jiang, “Stability and bifurcation analysis in Van der Pol's oscillator with delayed feedback,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 283, no. 3-5, pp. 801–819, 2005.
- S. Ruan and J. Wei, “On the zeros of transcendental functions with applications to stability of delay differential equations with two delays,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete & Impulsive Systems A, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 863–874, 2003.
- B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y. H. Wan, Theory and Applications of Hopf Bifurcation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1981.