- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461837, 7 pages
Revised Variational Iteration Method for Solving Systems of Nonlinear Fractional-Order Differential Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Istanbul University, Vezneciler, 34134 Istanbul, Turkey
2International Institute for Symmetry Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, Department of Mathematical Sciences, North-West University, Mmabatho 2735, South Africa
3Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, P.O. Box 47416-95447, Babolsar, Iran
4Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Çankaya University, 06530 Ankara, Turkey
Received 9 July 2013; Accepted 22 July 2013
Academic Editor: Juan J. Trujillo
Copyright © 2013 C. Ünlü et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Baleanu and S. I. Muslih, “Lagrangian formulation of classical fields within Riemann-Liouville fractional derivatives,” Physica Scripta, vol. 72, no. 2-3, pp. 119–121, 2005.
- D. Bǎleanu, O. G. Mustafa, and R. P. Agarwal, “On the solution set for a class of sequential fractional differential equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 43, no. 38, Article ID 385209, 2010.
- K. Diethelm, The Analysis of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 2004 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, London, UK, 2010.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1999.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. H. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Connecticut, Hartford, USA, 2006.
- R. L. Magin, O. Abdullah, D. Baleanu, and X. J. Zhou, “Anomalous diffusion expressed through fractional order differential operators in the Bloch-Torrey equation,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 255–270, 2008.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives—Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach, Linghorne, Pa, USA, 1993.
- A. M. Spasic and M. P. Lazarevic, “Electroviscoelasticity of liquid/liquid interfaces: fractional-order model,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 282, no. 1, pp. 223–230, 2005.
- V. E. Tarasov, “Fractional vector calculus and fractional Maxwell's equations,” Annals of Physics, vol. 323, no. 11, pp. 2756–2778, 2008.
- O. P. Agrawal and D. Baleanu, “A hamiltonian formulation and a direct numerical scheme for fractional optimal control problems,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 13, no. 9-10, pp. 1269–1281, 2007.
- R. S. Barbosa, J. A. T. Machado, and I. M. Ferreira, “Tuning of PID controllers based on bode's ideal transfer function,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 38, no. 1–4, pp. 305–321, 2004.
- G. M. Mophou, “Optimal control of fractional diffusion equation,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 68–78, 2011.
- J. A. Tenreiro Machado, “Optimal tuning of fractional controllers using genetic algorithms,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 62, no. 1-2, pp. 447–452, 2010.
- H.-F. Raynaud and A. Zergaïnoh, “State-space representation for fractional order controllers,” Automatica, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 1017–1021, 2000.
- T. M. Atanackovic and B. Stankovic, “On a system of differential equations with fractional derivatives arising in rod theory,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1241–1250, 2004.
- J. H. He, “A new approach to nonlinear partial differential equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 2, pp. 230–235, 1997.
- M. A. Abdou and A. A. Soliman, “New applications of variational iteration method,” Physica D, vol. 211, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 2005.
- A. K. Golmankhaneh, T. Khatuni, N. A. Porghoveh, and D. Baleanu, “Comparison of iterative methods by solving nonlinear Sturm-Liouville, Burgers and Navier-Stokes equations,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 966–976, 2012.
- J.-H. He, “Variational iteration method for autonomous ordinary differential systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 114, no. 2-3, pp. 115–123, 2000.
- G.-C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for the Burgers' flow with fractional derivatives—new Lagrange multipliers,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 6183–6190, 2013.
- Y.-J. Yang, D. Baleanu, and X.-J. Yang, “A local fractional variational iteration method for Laplace equation within local fractional operators,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 202650, 6 pages, 2013.
- X. J. Yang and D. Baleanu, “Fractal heat conduction problem solved by local fractional variation iteration method,” Thermal Science, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 625–628, 2013.
- J.-H. He, “Approximate analytical solution for seepage flow with fractional derivatives in porous media,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 167, no. 1-2, pp. 57–68, 1998.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “The variational iteration method: an efficient scheme for handling fractional partial differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2199–2208, 2009.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and H. Jafari, “Adomian decomposition: a tool for solving a system of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 301, no. 2, pp. 508–518, 2005.
- H. Jafari and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Revised Adomian decomposition method for solving a system of nonlinear equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2006.
- H. Jafari and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Revised Adomian decomposition method for solving systems of ordinary and fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 598–608, 2006.
- S. Momani and S. Abuasad, “Application of He's variational iteration method to Helmholtz equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 1119–1123, 2006.
- M. Inokuti, H. Sekine, and T. Mura, “General use of the Lagrange multiplier in non-linear mathematical physics,” in Variational Method in the Mechanics of Solids, pp. 156–162, Pergamon Press, 1978.
- M. Tatari and M. Dehghan, “Improvement of He's variational iteration method for solving systems of differential equations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2160–2166, 2009.