- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 461970, 7 pages
The Bernstein Operational Matrices for Solving the Fractional Quadratic Riccati Differential Equations with the Riemann-Liouville Derivative
1Department of Mathematics, Cankaya University, Ogretmenler Cad. 14, Balgat, 06530 Ankara, Turkey
2Institute of Space Sciences, P.O. Box MG 23, Magurele, 077125 Bucharest, Romania
3Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
4Faculty of Basic Science, Babol University of Technology, P.O. Box 47148-71167, Babol, Iran
5Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, P.O. Box 47416-95447, Babolsar, Iran
Received 6 April 2013; Accepted 22 May 2013
Academic Editor: Ali H. Bhrawy
Copyright © 2013 Dumitru Baleanu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. T. Reid, Riccati Differential Equations, vol. 86, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972, Mathematics in Science and Engineering.
- V. V. Kravchenko, Applied Pseudoanalytic Function Theory, Frontiers in Mathematics, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2009.
- R. Conte and M. Musette, “Link between solitary waves and projective Riccati equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 25, no. 21, pp. 5609–5623, 1992.
- K. Diethelm, The Analysis of Fractional Differential Equations: An Application-Oriented Exposition Using Differential Operators of Caputo Type, vol. 2004 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- S. Abbasbandy, “Iterated He's homotopy perturbation method for quadratic Riccati differential equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 581–589, 2006.
- S. Abbasbandy, “Homotopy perturbation method for quadratic Riccati differential equation and comparison with Adomian's decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 485–490, 2006.
- S. Abbasbandy, “A new application of He's variational iteration method for quadratic Riccati differential equation by using Adomian's polynomials,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 59–63, 2007.
- Y. Tan and S. Abbasbandy, “Homotopy analysis method for quadratic Riccati differential equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 539–546, 2008.
- F. Geng, Y. Lin, and M. Cui, “A piecewise variational iteration method for Riccati differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2518–2522, 2009.
- F. Z. Geng and X. M. Li, “A new method for Riccati differential equations based on reproducing kernel and quasilinearization methods,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 603748, 8 pages, 2012.
- N. A. Khan, A. Ara, and M. Jamil, “An efficient approach for solving the Riccati equation with fractional orders,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 2683–2689, 2011.
- S. Momani and N. Shawagfeh, “Decomposition method for solving fractional Riccati differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 2, pp. 1083–1092, 2006.
- J. Cang, Y. Tan, H. Xu, and S.-J. Liao, “Series solutions of non-linear Riccati differential equations with fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2009.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Modified homotopy perturbation method: application to quadratic Riccati differential equation of fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 167–174, 2008.
- C. Li and Y. Wang, “Numerical algorithm based on Adomian decomposition for fractional differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 1672–1681, 2009.
- H. Jafari and H. Tajadodi, “He's variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2010, Article ID 764738, 8 pages, 2010.
- M. Merdan, “On the solutions fractional Riccati differential equation with modified Riemann-Liouville derivative,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2012, Article ID 346089, 17 pages, 2012.
- S. Yüzbaşı, “Numerical solutions of fractional Riccati type differential equations by means of the Bernstein polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 11, pp. 6328–6343, 2013.
- E. W. Cheney, Introduction to Approximation Theory, AMS Chelsea, Providence, RI, USA, 2nd edition, 1998.
- M. Alipour, D. Rostamy, and D. Baleanu, “Solving multi-dimensional FOCPs with inequality constraint by BPs operational matrices,” Journal of Vibration and Control, 2012.
- D. Rostamy, M. Alipour, H. Jafari, and D. Baleanu, “Solving multi-term orders fractional differential equations by operational matrices of BPs with convergence analysis,” Romanian Reports in Physics, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 334–349, 2013.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2006.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- N. T. Shawagfeh, “Analytical approximate solutions for nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 131, no. 2-3, pp. 517–529, 2002.
- A. Arikoglu and I. Ozkol, “Solution of fractional differential equations by using differential transform method,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1473–1481, 2007.
- Y. Li and N. Sun, “Numerical solution of fractional differential equations using the generalized block pulse operational matrix,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1046–1054, 2011.