- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 476094, 16 pages
Energy-Optimal Trajectory Planning for Planar Underactuated RR Robot Manipulators in the Absence of Gravity
1Department of Mathematics, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
2Department of Signal and Communication Theory, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Fuenlabrada 28943, Madrid, Spain
Received 30 January 2013; Revised 19 April 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Qun Lin
Copyright © 2013 John Gregory et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. De Luca, S. Iannitti, R. Mattone, and G. Oriolo, “Underactuated manipulators: control properties and techniques,” Machine Intelligence and Robotic Control, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 113–125, 2002.
- G. A. Bliss, Lectures on the Calculus of Variations, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1946.
- J. Gregory and C. Lin, Constrained Optimization in the Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control theory, Chapman & Hall, 1996.
- W.-S. Koon and J. E. Marsden, “Optimal control for holonomic and nonholonomic mechanical systems with symmetry and Lagrangian reduction,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 901–929, 1997.
- A. M. Bloch, Nonholonomic Mechanics and Control, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- I. I. Hussein and A. M. Bloch, “Optimal control of underactuated nonholonomic mechanical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 668–682, 2008.
- X. Z. Lai, J. H. She, S. X. Yang, and M. Wu, “Comprehensive unified control strategy for underactuated two-link manipulators,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 389–398, 2009.
- J. P. Ordaz-Oliver, O. J. Santos-Sánchez, and V. López-Morales, “Toward a generalized sub-optimal control method of underactuated systems,” Optimal Control Applications & Methods, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 338–351, 2012.
- R. Seifried, “Two approaches for feedforward control and optimal design of underactuated multibody systems,” Multibody System Dynamics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 75–93, 2012.
- M. Buss, O. von Stryk, R. Bulirsch, and G. Schmidt, “Towards hybrid optimal control,” at—Automatisierungstechnik, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 448–459, 2000.
- M. Buss, M. Glocker, M. Hardt, O. von Stryk, R. Bulirsch, and G. Schmidt, “Nonlinear hybrid dynamical systems: modeling, optimal control, and applications,” in Modelling, Analysis and Design of Hybrid Systems, S. Engell, G. Frehse, and E. Schnieder, Eds., vol. 279 of Lecture Notes in Control and Information Science, pp. 331–335, Springer, 2002.
- G. Oriolo and Y. Nakamura, “Control of mechanical systems with second-order nonholonomic constraints: underactuated manipulators,” in Proceedings of the 30th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2398–2403, December 1991.
- T. J. Tarn, M. Zhang, and A. Serrani, “New integrability conditions for differential constraints,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 335–345, 2003.
- H. J. Sussmann, “A general theorem on local controllability,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 158–194, 1987.
- F. Bullo, A. D. Lewis, and K. M. Lynch, “Controllable kinematic reductions for mechanical systems: concepts, computational tools, and examples,” in Proceedings of International Symposium on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems, 2002.
- F. Bullo and A. D. Lewis, “Low-order controllability and kinematic reductions for affine connection control systems,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 885–908, 2006.
- A. D. Lewis and R. M. Murray, “Configuration controllability of simple mechanical control systems,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 766–790, 1997.
- F. Bullo and K. M. Lynch, “Kinematic controllability for decoupled trajectory planning in underactuated mechanical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 402–412, 2001.
- M. R. Hestenes, Calculus of Variations and Optimcl Control Theory, John Wiley & Sons, 1966.
- J. Gregory, “A new systematic method for efficiently solving holonomic (and nonholonomic) constraint problems,” Analysis and Applications, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 85–98, 2010.
- J. Gregory and R. S. Wang, “Discrete variable methods for the m-dependent variable, nonlinear extremal problem in the calculus of variations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 470–487, 1990.
- Wolfram Research, 2012.
- J. J. More and D. J. Thuente, “Line search algorithms with guaranteed sufficient decrease,” ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 286–307, 1994.