- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 483059, 5 pages
Common Fixed Point Theorems for Nonlinear Contractive Mappings in Dislocated Metric Spaces
Department of Mathematics, Tianjin Polytechnic University, Tianjin 300387, China
Received 7 January 2013; Accepted 1 February 2013
Academic Editor: Ru Dong Chen
Copyright © 2013 Yijie Ren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Dass and S. Gupta, “An extension of Banach contraction principle through rational expression,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 1455–1458, 1975.
- B. E. Rhoades, “A comparison of various definitions of contractive mappings,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 226, pp. 257–290, 1977.
- S. G. Matthews, Metric domains for completeness. Technical Report 76 [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Computer Science, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK, 1986.
- P. Hitzler, Generalized metrices and topology in logic programming semantics [Ph.D. thesis], University College Cork, National University of Ireland, 2001.
- P. Hitzler and A. K. Seda, “Dislocated topologies,” Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 3–7, 2000.
- F. M. Zeyada, G. H. Hassan, and M. A. Ahmed, “A generalization of a fixed point theorem due to Hitzler and Seda in dislocated quasi-metric spaces,” The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering Section A, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 111–114, 2006.
- C. T. Aage and J. N. Salunke, “The results on fixed points in dislocated and dislocated quasi-metric space,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 57–60, pp. 2941–2948, 2008.
- A. Isufati, “Fixed point theorems in dislocated quasi-metric space,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 5–8, pp. 217–223, 2010.
- R. Chen, Fixed Point Theory and Applications, National Defense Industry press, 2012.
- Y. Yu and D. Sheng, “On the strong convergence of an algorithm about firmly pseudo-demicontractive mappings for the split common fixed-point problem,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 256930, 9 pages, 2012.
- D. F. Xia, M. F. Fu, and B. Jiang, “Common fixed points for two self-mappings on symmetric sets and complete metric spaces,” Advances in Mathematics, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 415–420, 2007.