- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 483492, 18 pages
New Types of Nonlinear Waves and Bifurcation Phenomena in Schamel-Korteweg-de Vries Equation
1Department of Mathematics, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510640, China
2Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Guizhou Normal University, Guiyang, Guizhou 550001, China
Received 26 April 2013; Accepted 3 July 2013
Academic Editor: Chuanzhi Bai
Copyright © 2013 Yun Wu and Zhengrong Liu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Tagare and A. N. Chakraborty, “Solution of a generalised Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 17, no. 6, article 1331, 2 pages, 1974.
- G. C. Das, S. G. Tagare, and J. Sarma, “Quasi-potential analysis for ion-acoustic solitary wave and double layers in plasmas,” Planetary and Space Science, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 417–424, 1998.
- J. Lee and R. Sakthivel, “Exact travelling wave solutions of the Schamel-Korteweg-de Vries equation,” Reports on Mathematical Physics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 153–161, 2011.
- H. Schamel, “A modified Korteweg-de Vries equation for ion acoustic waves due to resonant electrons,” Plasma Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 377–387, 1973.
- G. C. Das and K. M. Sen, “Various turbulences in ion-acoustic solitary waves in plasmas,” Planetary and Space Science, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 41–46, 1994.
- R. M. Miura, “The Korteweg-de Vries equation: a survey of results,” SIAM Review, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 412–459, 1976.
- R. K. Dodd, J. C. Eilbeck, J. D. Gibbon, and H. C. Morris, Solitons and Nonlinear Wave Equations, Academic Press, London, UK, 1982.
- X. B. Wu, W. G. Rui, and X. C. Hong, “A generalized KdV equation of neglecting the highest-order infinitesimal term and its exact traveling wave solutions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 656297, 15 pages, 2013.
- P. Rosenau and J. M. Hyman, “Compactons: solitons with finite wavelength,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 564–567, 1993.
- P. Rosenau, “Nonlinear dispersion and compact structures,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 73, no. 13, pp. 1737–1741, 1994.
- P. Rosenau, “On solitons, compactons, and Lagrange maps,” Physics Letters A, vol. 211, no. 5, pp. 265–275, 1996.
- P. Rosenau, “Compact and noncompact dispersive patterns,” Physics Letters A, vol. 275, no. 3, pp. 193–203, 2000.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “New solitary-wave special solutions with compact support for the nonlinear dispersive equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 321–330, 2002.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “Compactons dispersive structures for variants of the and the KP equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1053–1062, 2002.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Solutions of compact and noncompact structures for nonlinear Klein-Gordon-type equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 134, no. 2-3, pp. 487–500, 2003.
- A. M. Wazwaz and T. Taha, “Compact and noncompact structures in a class of nonlinearly dispersive equations,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 62, no. 1-2, pp. 171–189, 2003.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “An analytic study of compactons structures in a class of nonlinear dispersive equations,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2003.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “Two reliable methods for solving variants of the KdV equation with compact and noncompact structures,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 454–462, 2006.
- Z. R. Liu, Q. M. Lin, and Q. X. Li, “Integral approach to compacton solutions of Boussinesq-like equation with fully nonlinear dispersion,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1071–1081, 2004.
- Z. R. Liu, Q. X. Li, and Q. M. Lin, “New bounded traveling waves of Camassa-Holm equation,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos in Applied Sciences and Engineering, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 3541–3556, 2004.
- Z. S. Wen, “Extension on bifurcations of traveling wave solutions for a two-component Fornberg-Whitham equation,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 704931, 15 pages, 2012.
- M. Song, “Application of bifurcation method to the generalized Zakharov equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 308326, 8 pages, 2012.
- F. Faraci and A. Iannizzotto, “Bifurcation for second-order Hamiltonian systems with periodic boundary conditions,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2008, Article ID 756934, 13 pages, 2008.
- Z. R. Liu and Y. Long, “Compacton-like wave and kink-like wave of GCH equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 136–155, 2007.
- S. L. Xie and L. Wang, “Compacton and generalized kink wave solutions of the CH-DP equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 11, pp. 4028–4039, 2010.
- P. J. Olver and P. Rosenau, “Tri-Hamiltonian duality between solitons and solitary-wave solutions having compact support,” Physical Review E, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 1900–1906, 1996.
- M. S. Ismail and T. R. Taha, “A numerical study of compactons,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 519–530, 1998.
- A. Ludu and J. P. Draayer, “Patterns on liquid surfaces: cnoidal waves, compactons and scaling,” Physica D, vol. 123, no. 1–4, pp. 82–91, 1998.
- J. H. He and X. H. Wu, “Construction of solitary solution and compacton-like solution by variational iteration method,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 108–113, 2006.
- S. Kuru, “Compactons and kink-like solutions of BBM-like equations by means of factorization,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 626–633, 2009.
- G. Mussardo, “Neutral bound states in kink-like theories,” Nuclear Physics B, vol. 779, no. 3, pp. 101–154, 2007.
- R. S. Han, J. L. Yang, L. Huibin, and W. Kelin, “Exact travelling kink-like wave solutions to some nonlinear equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 236, no. 4, pp. 319–321, 1997.
- S. Dusuel, P. Michaux, and M. Remoissenet, “From kinks to compactonlike kinks,” Physical Review E, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 2320–2326, 1998.