- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 496096, 7 pages
Fixed Points of Meromorphic Solutions for Some Difference Equations
1School of Mathematical Sciences, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, China
2Department of Mathematics, College of Natural Sciences, Pusan National University, Pusan 609-735, Republic of Korea
Received 1 December 2012; Accepted 17 April 2013
Academic Editor: Patricia J. Y. Wong
Copyright © 2013 Zong-Xuan Chen and Kwang Ho Shon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. K. Hayman, Meromorphic Functions, Oxford Mathematical Monographs, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1964.
- I. Laine, Nevanlinna Theory and Complex Differential Equations, vol. 15 of de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1993.
- L. Yang, Value Distribution Theory, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1993.
- M. J. Ablowitz, R. Halburd, and B. Herbst, “On the extension of the Painlevé property to difference equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 889–905, 2000.
- W. Bergweiler and J. K. Langley, “Zeros of differences of meromorphic functions,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 133–147, 2007.
- B. Q. Chen, Z. X. Chen, and S. Li, “Uniqueness theorems on entire functions and their difference operators or shifts,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 906893, 8 pages, 2012.
- Z. Chen, “On growth, zeros and poles of meromorphic solutions of linear and nonlinear difference equations,” Science China. Mathematics, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 2123–2133, 2011.
- Z.-X. Chen and K. H. Shon, “On zeros and fixed points of differences of meromorphic functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 344, no. 1, pp. 373–383, 2008.
- Z.-X. Chen and K. H. Shon, “Properties of differences of meromorphic functions,” Czechoslovak Mathematical Journal, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 213–224, 2011.
- Y.-M. Chiang and S.-J. Feng, “On the Nevanlinna characteristic of and difference equations in the complex plane,” Ramanujan Journal, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 105–129, 2008.
- Y.-M. Chiang and S.-J. Feng, “On the growth of logarithmic differences, difference quotients and logarithmic derivatives of meromorphic functions,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 361, no. 7, pp. 3767–3791, 2009.
- R. G. Halburd and R. J. Korhonen, “Difference analogue of the lemma on the logarithmic derivative with applications to difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 314, no. 2, pp. 477–487, 2006.
- R. G. Halburd and R. J. Korhonen, “Existence of finite-order meromorphic solutions as a detector of integrability in difference equations,” Physica D, vol. 218, no. 2, pp. 191–203, 2006.
- R. G. Halburd and R. J. Korhonen, “Meromorphic solutions of difference equations, integrability and the discrete Painlevé equations,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. R1–R38, 2007.
- J. Heittokangas, R. Korhonen, I. Laine, J. Rieppo, and J. Zhang, “Value sharing results for shifts of meromorphic functions, and sufficient conditions for periodicity,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 355, no. 1, pp. 352–363, 2009.
- J. Heittokangas, R. Korhonen, I. Laine, J. Rieppo, and K. Tohge, “Complex difference equations of Malmquist type,” Computational Methods and Function Theory, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 27–39, 2001.
- I. Laine and C.-C. Yang, “Clunie theorems for difference and -difference polynomials,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society. Second Series, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 556–566, 2007.
- S. Elaydi, An Introduction to Difference Equations, Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- W. Bergweiler, “Proof of a conjecture of Gross concerning fix-points,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 204, no. 3, pp. 381–390, 1990.
- C.-T. Chuang and C.-C. Yang, Fix-Points and Factorization of Meromorphic Functions, World Scientific, Singapore, 1990.
- A. A. Gol'dberg and I. V. Ostrovskiĭ, The Distribution of Values of Meromorphic Functions, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 1970.