- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 496217, 4 pages
Neural Network Dynamics without Minimizing Energy
Department of Mathematics, National Taiwan Normal University, 88 Section 4, Ting Chou Road, Taipei 11677, Taiwan
Received 14 December 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Jen-Chih Yao
Copyright © 2013 Mau-Hsiang Shih and Feng-Sheng Tsai. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Hopfield, “Neural networks and physical systems with emergent collective computational abilities,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 79, no. 8, pp. 2554–2558, 1982.
- M. A. Cohen and S. Grossberg, “Absolute stability of global pattern formation and parallel memory storage by competitive neural networks,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 815–826, 1983.
- S. Grossberg, “Nonlinear neural networks: principles, mechanisms, and architectures,” Neural Networks, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 17–61, 1988.
- J. J. Hopfield, “Pattern recognition computation using action potential timing for stimulus representation,” Nature, vol. 376, no. 6535, pp. 33–36, 1995.
- R. Perfetti and E. Ricci, “Recurrent correlation associative memories: a feature space perspective,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 333–345, 2008.
- M.-H. Shih and F.-S. Tsai, “Hamming star-convexity packing in information storage,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2011, Article ID 615274, 17 pages, 2011.
- T. Ando and M.-H. Shih, “Simultaneous contractibility,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 487–498, 1998.
- M.-H. Shih and C.-T. Pang, “Simultaneous Schur stability of interval matrices,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 10, pp. 2621–2627, 2008.
- A. Jadbabaie, J. Lin, and A. S. Morse, “Coordination of groups of mobile autonomous agents using nearest neighbor rules,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 988–1001, 2003.
- M.-H. Shih and F.-S. Tsai, “Decirculation process in neural network dynamics,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1677–1689, 2012.
- M.-H. Shih and F.-S. Tsai, “Operator control of inter-neural computing machines,” In Press.
- M.-H. Shih and F.-S. Tsai, “Growth dynamics of cell assemblies,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 1110–1161, 2009.