- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 497439, 9 pages
Parallel Methods and Higher Dimensional NLS Equations
1Department of Mathematics, College of Science, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80203, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Computer Science, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602-7404, USA
Received 3 June 2013; Accepted 28 July 2013
Academic Editor: Juan Carlos Cortés López
Copyright © 2013 M. S. Ismail and T. R. Taha. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H.-Q. Zhang, X.-H. Meng, T. Xu, L.-L. Li, and B. Tian, “Interactions of bright solitons for the ()-dimensional coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equations from optical fibres with symbolic computation,” Physica Scripta, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 537–542, 2007.
- M. S. Ismail and T. R. Taha, “Numerical simulation of coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation B, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 547–562, 2001.
- M. S. Ismail, “A fourth-order explicit schemes for the coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 273–284, 2008.
- M. S. Ismail, “Numerical solution of coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equation by Galerkin method,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 532–547, 2008.
- M. S. Ismail and S. Z. Alamri, “Highly accurate finite difference method for coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 333–351, 2004.
- T. R. Taha and X. Xu, “Parallel split-step fourier methods for the coupled nonlinear Schrödinger type equations,” The Journal of Supercomputing, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 5–23, 2005.
- Z. Gao and S. Xie, “Fourth-order alternating direction implicit compact finite difference schemes for two-dimensional Schrödinger equations,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 593–614, 2011.
- L. Kong, Y. Duan, L. Wang, X. Yin, and Y. Ma, “Spectral-like resolution compact ADI finite difference method for the multi-dimensional Schrödinger equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 5-6, pp. 1798–1812, 2012.
- Z. F. Tian and P. X. Yu, “High-order compact ADI (HOC-ADI) method for solving unsteady 2D Schrödinger equation,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 181, no. 5, pp. 861–868, 2010.
- T. Wang, B. Guo, and Q. Xu, “Fourth order compact and energy conservative difference schemes for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation in two dimensions,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 243, pp. 382–399, 2013.
- Y. Xu and L. Zhang, “Alternating direction implicit method for solving two-dimensional cubic nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 183, no. 5, pp. 1082–1093, 2012.
- S. Karaa and J. Zhang, “High order ADI method for solving unsteady convection-diffusion problems,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 198, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2004.
- M. Sapagovas and K. Jakubeliene, “Alternating direction method for two-dimensional parabolic equation with nonlocal integral condition,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2012.
- M. Subasi, “On the finite difference schemes for the numerical solution of two dimensional Schrödinger equation,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 18, pp. 124–134, 2002.
- D. You, “A high-order Padé ADI method for unsteady convection-diffusion equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 214, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2006.
- A. Biswas, “1-soliton solution of dimensional nonlinear Schrödinger equations in power law media,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, pp. 1830–1833, 2009.
- A. R. Mitchell and D. F. Griffiths, The Finite Difference Method in Partial Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1980.
- C. Besse, N. J. Mauser, and H. P. Stimming, “Numerical studies for nonlinear Schrodinger equations: the Schrodinger-Poisson-Xα model and Davey Stewartson systems,” In press.
- A. V. Terekhov, “A fast parallel algorithm for solving block-tridiagonal systems of liner equations including the domain decomposition method,” Parallel Computing, vol. 39, pp. 245–258, 2013.
- A. V. Terekhov, “Parallel dichotomy algorithm for solving tridiagonal system of linear equations with multiple right-hand sides,” Parallel Computing, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 423–438, 2010.