- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 498457, 14 pages
Computing Eigenvalues of Discontinuous Sturm-Liouville Problems with Eigenparameter in All Boundary Conditions Using Hermite Approximation
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Beni-Suef University, Beni-Suef 62511, Egypt
Received 23 March 2013; Revised 24 July 2013; Accepted 28 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jose L. Gracia
Copyright © 2013 M. M. Tharwat et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and R. M. Hafez, “A Jacobi-Jacobi dual-Petrov-Galerkin method for third- and fifth-order differential equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 9-10, pp. 1820–1832, 2011.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and R. M. Hafez, “A Jacobi dual-Petrov-Galerkin method for solving some odd-order ordinary differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 947230, 21 pages, 2011.
- E. Tohidi, A. H. Bhrawy, and K. Erfani, “A collocation method based on Bernoulli operational matrix for numerical solution of generalized pantograph equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 4283–4294, 2013.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. S. Alofi, and S. I. El-Soubhy, “An extension of the Legendre-Galerkin method for solving sixth-order differential equations with variable polynomial coefficients,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 896575, 13 pages, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy, “A Jacobi-Gauss-Lobatto collocation method for solving generalized Fitzhugh-Nagumo equation with time-dependent coefficients,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 222, pp. 255–264, 2013.
- A. H. Bhrawy, M. M. Tharwat, and A. Al-Fhaid, “Numerical algorithms for computing eigenvalues of discontinuous Dirac system using sinc-Gaussian method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 925134, 13 pages, 2012.
- A. Imani, A. Aminataei, and A. Imani, “Collocation method via Jacobi polynomials for solving nonlinear ordinary differential equations,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2011, Article ID 673085, 11 pages, 2011.
- A. Boumenir and B. Chanane, “Eigenvalues of Sturm-Liouville systems using sampling theory,” Applied Analysis, vol. 62, pp. 323–334, 1996.
- B. Chanane, “Computation of the eigenvalues of Sturm-Liouville problems with parameter dependent boundary conditions using the regularized sampling method,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 74, no. 252, pp. 1793–1801, 2005.
- B. Chanane, “Computing the spectrum of non-self-adjoint Sturm-Liouville problems with parameter-dependent boundary conditions,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 206, no. 1, pp. 229–237, 2007.
- B. Chanane, “Computing the eigenvalues of singular Sturm-Liouville problems using the regularized sampling method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 972–978, 2007.
- B. Chanane, “Eigenvalues of Sturm-Liouville problems with discontinuity conditions inside a finite interval,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 2, pp. 1725–1732, 2007.
- B. Chanane, “Sturm-Liouville problems with impulse effects,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 610–626, 2007.
- M. M. Tharwat, “Discontinuous Sturm-Liouville problems and associated sampling theories,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 610232, 30 pages, 2011.
- M. M. Tharwat, A. H. Bhrawy, and A. Yildirim, “Numerical computation of eigenvalues of discontinuous Sturm-Liouville problems with parameter dependent boundary conditions using sinc method,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 27–48, 2013.
- V. Kotelnikov, “On the carrying capacity of the “ether” and wire in telecommunications,,” in Proceedings of the 1st all union conference on questions of communications, Izd. Red. Upr. Svyazi RKKA, Moscow, Russia, 1933.
- C. E. Shannon, “Communication in the presence of noise,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 37, pp. 10–21, 1949.
- E. Whittaker, “On the functions which are represented by the expansion of the interpolation theory,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 35, pp. 181–194, 1915.
- G. R. Grozev and Q. I. Rahman, “Reconstruction of entire functions from irregularly spaced sample points,” Canadian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 777–793, 1996.
- J. R. Higgins, G. Schmeisser, and J. J. Voss, “The sampling theorem and several equivalent results in analysis,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 333–371, 2000.
- G. Hinsen, “Irregular sampling of bandlimited -functions,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 346–364, 1993.
- D. Jagerman and L. Fogel, “Some general aspects of the sampling theorem,” IRE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 2, pp. 139–146, 1956.
- M. H. Annaby and R. M. Asharabi, “Error analysis associated with uniform Hermite interpolations of bandlimited functions,” Journal of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 1299–1316, 2010.
- J. R. Higgins, Sampling Theory in Fourier and Signal Analysis: Foundations, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1996.
- P. L. Butzer, J. R. Higgins, and R. L. Stens, “Sampling theory of signal analysis,” in Development of Mathematics 1950–2000, pp. 193–234, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2000.
- P. L. Butzer, G. Schmeisser, and R. L. Stens, “An introduction to sampling analysis,” in Nonuniform Sampling, F. Marvasti, Ed., pp. 17–121, Kluwer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- A. Boumenir, “Higher approximation of eigenvalues by the sampling method,” BIT, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 215–225, 2000.
- M. M. Tharwat, A. H. Bhrawy, and A. Yildirim, “Numerical computation of the eigenvalues of a discontinuous Dirac system using the sinc method with error analysis,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 89, no. 15, pp. 2061–2080, 2012.
- J. Lund and K. L. Bowers, Sinc Methods for Quadrature and Differential Equations, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.
- F. Stenger, “Numerical methods based on Whittaker cardinal, or sinc functions,” SIAM Review, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 165–224, 1981.
- F. Stenger, Numerical Methods Based on Sinc and Analytic Functions, vol. 20, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- P. L. Butzer, W. Splettstösser, and R. L. Stens, “The sampling theorem and linear prediction in signal analysis,” Jahresbericht der Deutschen Mathematiker-Vereinigung, vol. 90, no. 1, p. 70, 1988.
- D. Jagerman, “Bounds for truncation error of the sampling expansion,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, pp. 714–723, 1966.
- M. M. Tharwat and A. H. Bhrawy, “Computation of eigenvalues of discontinuous Dirac system using Hermite interpolation technique,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 59, 2012.
- M. M. Tharwat, A. H. Bhrawy, and A. S. Alofi, “Approximation of eigenvalues of discontinuous Sturm-Liouville problems with eigenparameter in all boundary conditions,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2013, article 132, 2013.
- M. Kadakal and O. S. Mukhtarov, “Discontinuous Sturm-Liouville problems containing eigenparameter in the boundary conditions,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1519–1528, 2006.
- O. S. Mukhtarov, M. Kadakal, and N. Altinisik, “Eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of discontinuous Sturm-Liouville problems with eigenparameter in the boundary conditions,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 501–516, 2003.
- M. M. Tharwat, A. Yildirim, and A. H. Bhrawy, “Sampling of discontinuous Dirac systems,” Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 323–348, 2013.