- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 512383, 5 pages
Rotationally Symmetric Harmonic Diffeomorphisms between Surfaces
1Faculty of Mathematics & Computer Science, Hubei University, Wuhan 430062, China
2The School of Natural Sciences and Humanities, Shenzhen Graduate School, The Harbin Institute of Technology, Shenzhen 518055, China
3Department of Mathematics, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Received 12 February 2013; Revised 22 April 2013; Accepted 22 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yuriy Rogovchenko
Copyright © 2013 Li Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Akutagawa, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms of the hyperbolic plane,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 342, no. 1, pp. 325–342, 1994.
- K. Akutagawa and S. Nishikawa, “The Gauss map and spacelike surfaces with prescribed mean curvature in Minkowski 3-space,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 67–82, 1990.
- T. K.-K. Au and T. Y.-H. Wan, “From local solutions to a global solution for the equation ,” in Geometry and Global Analysis, pp. 427–430, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan, 1993.
- T. K. K. Au, L.-F. Tam, and T. Y. H. Wan, “Hopf differentials and the images of harmonic maps,” Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 515–573, 2002.
- T. K. K. Au and T. Y. H. Wan, “Images of harmonic maps with symmetry,” The Tohoku Mathematical Journal, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 321–333, 2005.
- Q. Chen and J. Eichhorn, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms between complete Riemann surfaces of negative curvature,” Asian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 473–533, 2009.
- L. F. Cheung and C. K. Law, “An initial value approach to rotationally symmetric harmonic maps,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 289, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2004.
- H. I. Choi and A. Treibergs, “New examples of harmonic diffeomorphisms of the hyperbolic plane onto itself,” Manuscripta Mathematica, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 249–256, 1988.
- H. I. Choi and A. Treibergs, “Gauss maps of spacelike constant mean curvature hypersurfaces of Minkowski space,” Journal of Differential Geometry, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 775–817, 1990.
- P. Collin and H. Rosenberg, “Construction of harmonic diffeomorphisms and minimal graphs,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 3, pp. 1879–1906, 2010.
- J.-M. Coron and F. Hélein, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms, minimizing harmonic maps and rotational symmetry,” Compositio Mathematica, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 175–228, 1989.
- J. A. Gálvez and H. Rosenberg, “Minimal surfaces and harmonic diffeomorphisms from the complex plane onto certain Hadamard surfaces,” American Journal of Mathematics, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 1249–1273, 2010.
- Z.-C. Han, “Remarks on the geometric behavior of harmonic maps between surfaces,” in Elliptic and Parabolic Methods in Geometry, pp. 57–66, A K Peters, Wellesley, Mass, USA, 1996.
- Z.-C. Han, L.-F. Tam, A. Treibergs, and T. Wan, “Harmonic maps from the complex plane into surfaces with nonpositive curvature,” Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 85–114, 1995.
- F. Hélein, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms between Riemannian manifolds,” in Variational Methods, vol. 4 of Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications, pp. 309–318, Birkhäuser, Boston, Mass, USA, 1990.
- F. Hélein, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms with rotational symmetry,” Journal für die Reine und Angewandte Mathematik, vol. 414, pp. 45–49, 1991.
- E. Heinz, “Uber die Lusungen der Minimalflachengleichung,” in Nachrichten Der Akademie Der Wissenschaften in Gottingen, Mathematisch-physikalische klasse, pp. 51–56, 1952, Mathematisch-physikalisch-chemische abteilung.
- J. Jost and R. Schoen, “On the existence of harmonic diffeomorphisms,” Inventiones Mathematicae, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 353–359, 1982.
- D. Kalaj, “On harmonic diffeomorphisms of the unit disc onto a convex domain,” Complex Variables. Theory and Application, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 175–187, 2003.
- P. Li, L.-F. Tam, and J. Wang, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms between Hadamard manifolds,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 347, no. 9, pp. 3645–3658, 1995.
- J. Lohkamp, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms and Teichmüller theory,” Manuscripta Mathematica, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 339–360, 1991.
- V. Markovic, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms and conformal distortion of Riemann surfaces,” Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 847–876, 2002.
- V. Markovic, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms of noncompact surfaces and Teichmüller spaces,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 103–114, 2002.
- A. Ratto and M. Rigoli, “On the asymptotic behaviour of rotationally symmetric harmonic maps,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 15–27, 1993.
- R. M. Schoen, “The role of harmonic mappings in rigidity and deformation problems,” in Complex Geometry, vol. 143 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, pp. 179–200, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- Y. Shi, “On the construction of some new harmonic maps from to ,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 301–304, 2001.
- Y. Shi and L.-F. Tam, “Harmonic maps from to with symmetry,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 227–256, 2002.
- A. Tachikawa, “Rotationally symmetric harmonic maps from a ball into a warped product manifold,” Manuscripta Mathematica, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 235–254, 1985.
- A. Tachikawa, “A nonexistence result for harmonic mappings from into ,” Tokyo Journal of Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 311–316, 1988.
- L.-F. Tam and T. Y.-H. Wan, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms into Cartan-Hadamard surfaces with prescribed Hopf differentials,” Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 593–625, 1994.
- L.-F. Tam and T. Y. H. Wan, “Quasi-conformal harmonic diffeomorphism and the universal Teichmüller space,” Journal of Differential Geometry, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 368–410, 1995.
- T. Y.-H. Wan, “Constant mean curvature surface, harmonic maps, and universal Teichmüller space,” Journal of Differential Geometry, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 643–657, 1992.
- T. Y. H. Wan, “Review on harmonic diffeomorphisms between complete noncompact surfaces,” in Surveys in Geometric Analysis and Relativity, vol. 20 of Advanced Lectures in Mathematics, pp. 509–516, International Press, Somerville, Mass, USA, 2011.
- D. Wu, “Harmonic diffeomorphisms between complete surfaces,” Annals of Global Analysis and Geometry, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 133–139, 1997.