- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 517480, 11 pages
Positive Solutions of European Option Pricing with CGMY Process Models Using Double Discretization Difference Schemes
Instituto de Matemática Multidisciplinar, Universitat Politècnica de València, Camino de Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
Received 30 May 2013; Revised 18 September 2013; Accepted 6 October 2013
Academic Editor: Fabio M. Camilli
Copyright © 2013 R. Company et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Y. Campbell, A. W. Lo, and A. C. MacKinlay, The Econometrics of Financial Markets, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1997.
- S. G. Kou, “A jump-diffusion model for option pricing,” Management Science, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1086–1101, 2002.
- R. C. Merton, “Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 125–144, 1976.
- O. Barndor-Nielsen, “Processes of normal inverse Gaussian type,” Finance and Stochastics, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 41–68, 1997.
- E. Eberlein, “Applications of generalized hyperbolic Lévy motion to Fi-nance,” in Lévy Processes—Theory and Applications, O. Barndorff-Nielsen, T. Mikosch, and S. Resnick, Eds., pp. 319–336, Birkhauser, Boston, Mass, USA, 2001.
- I. Koponen, “Analytic approach to the problem of convergence of truncated Lévy flights towards the Gaussian stochastic process,” Physical Review E, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 1197–1199, 1995.
- D. Madan and F. Milne, “Option pricing with variance gamma martingale components,” Mathematical Finance, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 39–55, 1991.
- P. Carr, H. Geman, D. B. Madan, and M. Vor, “The fine structure of asset returns: an empirical investigation,” Journal of Business, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 305–332, 2002.
- S. I. Boyarchenko and S. Z. Levendorskii, “Option pricing for truncated Lévy processes,” International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 549–552, 2000.
- R. Cont and P. Tankov, Financial Modelling With Jump Processes, Chapman & Hall/CRC Financial Mathematics, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2004.
- A. Pascucci, PDE and Martingale Methods in Option Pricing, vol. 2 of Bocconi & Springer, Springer, Milan, Italy, 2011.
- A.-M. Matache, P.-A. Nitsche, and C. Schwab, “Wavelet Galerkin pricing of American options on Lévy driven assets,” Quantitative Finance, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 403–424, 2005.
- D. B. Madan and M. Yor, “CGMY and Meixner subordinators are absolutely continuous with respect to one sided stable subordinators,” 2006, http://arxiv.org/pdf/math/0601173.pdf.
- J. Poirot and P. Tankov, “Monte Carlo option pricing for tempered stable (CGMY) processes,” Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 327–344, 2006.
- F. Fang and C. W. Oosterlee, “A novel pricing method for european options based on fourier-cosine series expansions,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 826–848, 2008.
- S. Pagliarani, A. Pascucci, and C. Riga, Adjoint Expansions in Local Lévy Models, SSRN eLibrary, 2011.
- E. Benhamou, E. Gobet, and M. Miri, “Smart expansion and fast calibration for jump diffusions,” Finance and Stochastics, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 563–589, 2009.
- R. Cont and E. Voltchkova, “A finite difference scheme for option pricing in jump diffusion and exponential Lévy models,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 1596–1626, 2005.
- I. R. Wang, J. W. Wan, and P. A. Forsyth, “Robust numerical valuation of European and American options under the CGMY process,” Journal of Computational Finance, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 31–69, 2007.
- M. C. Casaban, R. Company, L. Jodar, and J. V. Romero, “Double discretization difference schemes for partial integro-differential option pricing jump diffusion models,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 120358, 20 pages, 2012.
- L. Andersen and J. Andreasen, “Jump-diffusion processes: volatility smile fitting and numerical methods for option pricing,” Review of Derivatives Research, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 231–262, 2000.
- A. Almendral and C. W. Oosterlee, “Accurate evaluation of european and American options under the CGMY process,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 93–117, 2007.
- E. W. Sachs and A. K. Strauss, “Efficient solution of a partial integro-differential equation in finance,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 1687–1703, 2008.
- D. Tavella and C. Randall, Pricing Financial Instruments, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- S. Salmi and J. Toivanen, “An iterative method for pricing American options under jump-diffusion models,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 821–831, 2011.
- J. Toivanen, “Numerical valuation of European and American options under Kou's jump-diffusion model,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1949–1970, 2008.
- A. Almendral and C. W. Oosterlee, “Numerical valuation of options with jumps in the underlying,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2005.
- J. Lee and Y. Lee, “Tridiagonal implicit method to evaluate European and American options under infinite activity Lévy models,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 237, pp. 234–243, 2013.
- D. B. Madan and E. Seneta, “The variance gamma (V.G.) model for share market returns,” The Journal of Business, vol. 63, pp. 511–524, 1990.
- M. S. Milgram, “The generalized integro-exponential function,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 44, no. 170, pp. 443–458, 1985.
- N. M. Temme, Special Functions an Introduction to the Classical Functions of Mathematical Physics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- A.-M. Matache, T. Von Petersdorff, and C. Schwab, “Fast deterministic pricing of options on Lévy driven assets,” Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 37–71, 2004.
- R. Kangro and R. Nicolaides, “Far field boundary conditions for Black-Scholes equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1357–1368, 2001.
- I. S. Grandshteyn, I. M. Ryzhik, and A. Je, Eds.I. S. Grandshteyn, I. M. Ryzhik, and A. Jefferey, Eds., Table of Integrals, Series and Product, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 7th edition, 2007.
- P. J. Davis and P. Rabinowitz, Methods of Numerical Integration, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd, edition, 1984.
- P. Linz, Analytic and Numerical Methods for Volterra Equations, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1985.
- G. D. Smith, Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations: Finite Difference Methods, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 3rd edition, 1985.
- D. B. Madan, P. Carr, and E. C. Chang, “The variance gamma process and option pricing,” European Finance Review, vol. 2, pp. 79–105, 1998.