- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 527082, 6 pages
Multiple Solutions for a Second-Order Impulsive Sturm-Liouville Equation
1College of Mathematics and Statistics, Jishou University, Jishou, Hunan 416000, China
2Department of Mathematics, Hunan Normal University, Changsha, Hunan 410081, China
Received 29 March 2013; Revised 27 May 2013; Accepted 18 June 2013
Academic Editor: Gennaro Infante
Copyright © 2013 Jingli Xie and Zhiguo Luo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Bonanno and G. D'Aguì, “A Neumann boundary value problem for the Sturm-Liouville equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 318–327, 2009.
- G. Dai, “Infinitely many solutions for a Neumann-type differential inclusion problem involving the p(x)-Laplacian,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 2297–2305, 2009.
- Y. Sun, Y. J. Cho, and D. O'Regan, “Positive solutions for singular second order Neumann boundary value problems via a cone fixed point theorem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 210, no. 1, pp. 80–86, 2009.
- Y. Tian and W. Ge, “The existence of solutions for a second-order discrete Neumann problem with a p-Laplacian,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 333–340, 2008.
- Y.-W. Zhang and H.-X. Li, “Positive solutions of a second-order Neumann boundary value problem with a parameter,” Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 244–253, 2012.
- D. D. Bainov and P. S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Periodic Solutions and Applications, Longman Scientific and Technical, Harlow, UK, 1993.
- V. Lakshmikantham, D. D. Baĭnov, and P. S. Simeonov, Theory of Impulsive Differential Equations, vol. 6 of Series in Modern Applied Mathematics, World Scientific Publishing, Teaneck, NJ, USA, 1989.
- R. P. Agarwal and D. O'Regan, “A multiplicity result for second order impulsive differential equations via the Leggett Williams fixed point theorem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 161, no. 2, pp. 433–439, 2005.
- R. P. Agarwal, D. Franco, and D. O'Regan, “Singular boundary value problems for first and second order impulsive differential equations,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 69, no. 1-2, pp. 83–96, 2005.
- G. Bonanno, “A critical point theorem via the Ekeland variational principle,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 2992–3007, 2012.
- J. Chu and J. J. Nieto, “Impulsive periodic solutions of first-order singular differential equations,” Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 143–150, 2008.
- C. De Coster and P. Habets, “Upper and lower solutions in the theory of ODE boundary value problems: classical and recent results,” in Non-Linear Analysis and Boundary Value Problems for Ordinary Differential Equations (Udine), F. Zanolin, Ed., vol. 371 of CISM Courses and Lectures, pp. 1–78, Springer, Vienna, Austria, 1996.
- M. Galewski and S. Głab, “On the discrete boundary value problem for anisotropic equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 386, no. 2, pp. 956–965, 2012.
- J. J. Nieto and D. O'Regan, “Variational approach to impulsive differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 680–690, 2009.
- D. Qian and X. Li, “Periodic solutions for ordinary differential equations with sublinear impulsive effects,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 303, no. 1, pp. 288–303, 2005.
- J. Shen and W. Wang, “Impulsive boundary value problems with nonlinear boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 4055–4062, 2008.
- Y. Tian and W. Ge, “Applications of variational methods to boundary-value problem for impulsive differential equations,” Proceedings of the Edinburgh Mathematical Society. Series II, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 509–527, 2008.
- H. Zhang and Z. Li, “Variational approach to impulsive differential equations with periodic boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 67–78, 2010.
- X. Zhang and X. Tang, “Subharmonic solutions for a class of non-quadratic second order Hamiltonian systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 113–130, 2012.
- Z. Zhang and R. Yuan, “An application of variational methods to Dirichlet boundary value problem with impulses,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 155–162, 2010.
- G. Bonanno and P. Candito, “Non-differentiable functionals and applications to elliptic problems with discontinuous nonlinearities,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 244, no. 12, pp. 3031–3059, 2008.
- G. Bonanno and G. M. Bisci, “Infinitely many solutions for a boundary value problem with discontinuous nonlinearities,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2009, Article ID 670675, 20 pages, 2009.