- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 532935, 12 pages
Global Existence and Uniform Energy Decay Rates for the Semilinear Parabolic Equation with a Memory Term and Mixed Boundary Condition
School of Mathematical Sciences, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266100, China
Received 14 July 2013; Accepted 18 September 2013
Academic Editor: Shaoyong Lai
Copyright © 2013 Zhong Bo Fang and Liru Qiu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Tan, “The reaction-diffusion equation with Lewis function and critical Sobolev exponent,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 272, no. 2, pp. 480–495, 2002.
- G. Da Prato and M. Iannelli, “Existence and regularity for a class of integrodifferential equations of parabolic type,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 36–55, 1985.
- A. Friedman, The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 49 of Mathematics in Industrial Problems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- J. A. Nohel, “Nonlinear Volterra equations for heat flow in materials with memory,” in Integral and Functional Differential Equations, T. L. Herdman, H. W. Stech, and S. M. Rankin, Eds., vol. 67 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, pp. 3–82, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- H. M. Yin, “On parabolic Volterra equations in several space dimensions,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1723–1737, 1991.
- H. M. Yin, “Weak and classical solutions of some nonlinear Volterra integro-differential equations,” Communications in Partial Differential Equations, vol. 17, pp. 1369–1385, 1992.
- H. A. Levine, “Some nonexistence and instability theorems for solutions of formally parabolic equations of the form ,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 371–386, 1973.
- V. K. Kalantarov and O. A. Ladyzhenskaya, “The occurrence of collapse for quasilinear equations of parabolic and hyperbolic types,” Journal of Soviet Mathematics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 53–70, 1978.
- H. A. Levine, S. R. Park, and J. Serrin, “Global existence and nonexistence theorems for quasilinear evolution equations of formally parabolic type,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 212–229, 1998.
- P. Pucci and J. Serrin, “Asymptotic stability for nonlinear parabolic systems,” in Energy Methods in Continuum Mechanics, pp. 66–74, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- S. Berrimi and S. A. Messaoudi, “A decay result for a quasilinear parabolic system,” Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications, vol. 53, pp. 43–50, 2005.
- S. A. Messaoudi, “Blow-up of solutions of a semilinear heat equation with a Visco-elastic term,” Progress in Nonlinear Differential Equations and Their Applications, vol. 64, pp. 351–356, 2005.
- Z. B. Fang and L. Sun, “Blow up of solutions with positive initial energy for the nonlocal semilinear heat equation,” The KSIAM Journal, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 235–242, 2012.
- S. A. Messaoudi and B. Tellab, “A general decay result in a quasilinear parabolic system with viscoelastic term,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 443–447, 2012.