- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 535138, 6 pages
New Application of the -Expansion Method for Thin Film Equations
Pusat Pengajian Sains Matematik, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 4 December 2012; Revised 25 January 2013; Accepted 26 January 2013
Academic Editor: Allan Peterson
Copyright © 2013 Wafaa M. Taha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. B. G. O'Brien and L. W. Schwartz, “Theory and modeling of thin film flows,” Encyclopedia of Surface Colloid Science, vol. 63, pp. 52–83, 2002.
- R. Buckingham, M. Shearer, and A. Bertozzi, “Thin film traveling waves and the Navier slip condition,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 722–744, 2002.
- M. Kumar and N. Singh, “Phase plane analysis and traveling wave solution of third order nonlinear singular problems arising in thin film evolution,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 2886–2895, 2012.
- T. G. Myers, “Thin films with high surface tension,” SIAM Review, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 441–462, 1998.
- E. Momoniat, “An investigation of an Emden-Fowler equation from thin film flow,” Acta Mechanica Sinica, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 300–307, 2012.
- P. Constantin, T. F. Dupont, R. E. Goldstein, L. P. Kadanoff, M. J. Shelley, and S.-M. Zhou, “Droplet breakup in a model of the Hele-Shaw cell,” Physical Review E, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 4169–4181, 1993.
- H. Knüpfer, “Well-posedness for the Navier slip thin-film equation in the case of partial wetting,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 1263–1296, 2011.
- H. P. Greenspan, “On the motion of a small viscous droplet that wets a surface,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 125–143, 1978.
- J. R. King, “Two generalisations of the thin film equation,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 34, no. 7-8, pp. 737–756, 2001.
- M. Wang, X. Li, and J. Zhang, “The -expansion method and travelling wave solutions of nonlinear evolution equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 4, pp. 417–423, 2008.
- A. Kilicman and R. Abazari, “Travelling wave solutions of the Schrdinger-Boussinesq system,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 198398, 11 pages, 2012.
- H. Jafari, N. Kadkhoda, and A. Biswas, “The -expansion method for solutions of evolution equations from isothermal magnetostatic atmospheres,” Journal of King Saud University Science, no. 1, pp. 57–62, 2012.
- B. Ayhan and A. Bekir, “The -expansion method for the nonlinear lattice equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, pp. 3490–3498, 2012.
- A. Malik, F. Chand, H. Kumar, and S.C. Mishra, “Exact solutions of the Bogoyavlenskii equation using the multiple -expansion method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 9, pp. 2850–2859, 2012.
- E. M. E. Zayed and M. A. M. Abdelaziz, “The two-variable , )-expansion method for solving the nonlinear KdV-mKdV equation,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 768573, 14 pages, 2012.
- H. Naher and F. A. Abdullah, “Some new traveling wave solutions of the nonlinear reaction diffusion equation by using the improved -expansion method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 871724, 17 pages, 2012.
- M. K. Elboree, “Hyperbolic and trigonometric solutions for some nonlinear evolution equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 4085–4096, 2012.
- H. Naher and F. A. Abdullah, “The -expansion method for abundant traveling wave solutions of Caudrey-Dodd-Gibbon equation,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 218216, 11 pages, 2011.
- M. M. Kabir, A. Borhanifar, and R. Abazari, “Application of -expansion method to regularized long wave (RLW) equation,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2044–2047, 2011.
- J. Feng, W. Li, and Q. Wan, “Using -expansion method to seek the traveling wave solution of Kolmogorov-Petrovskii-Piskunov equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 12, pp. 5860–5865, 2011.
- A. Malik, F. Chand, and S. C. Mishra, “Exact travelling wave solutions of some nonlinear equations by -expansion method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 9, pp. 2596–2612, 2010.
- H. Zhang, “New application of the -expansion method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, pp. 3220–3225, 2009.
- A. L. Bertozzi and M. Pugh, “The lubrication approximation for thin viscous films: regularity and long-time behavior of weak solutions,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 85–123, 1996.
- A. L. Bertozzi and M. Pugh, “The lubrication approximation for thin viscous films: the moving contact line with a “porous media” cut-off of van der Waals interactions,” Nonlinearity, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1535–1564, 1994.