- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 535979, 9 pages
Robustness of Operational Matrices of Differentiation for Solving State-Space Analysis and Optimal Control Problems
1Department of Mathematics, Islamic Azad University, Zahedan Branch, Zahedan, Iran
2Department of Mathematics, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Malaysia
Received 13 January 2013; Accepted 8 March 2013
Academic Editor: Mustafa Bayram
Copyright © 2013 Emran Tohidi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Corrington, “Solution of differential and integral equations with Walsh functions,” IEEE Transactions Circuit Theory, vol. CT-20, no. 5, pp. 470–476, 1973.
- C. F. Chen and C. H. Hsiao, “Time-domain synthesis via Walsh functions,” Proceedings of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 565–570, 1975.
- C. F. Chen and C. H. Hsiao, “WALSH series analysis in optimal control,” International Journal of Control, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 881–897, 1975.
- N. S. Hsu and B. Cheng, “Analysis and optimal control of time-varying linear systems via block-pulse functions,” International Journal of Control, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1107–1122, 1981.
- C. Hwang and Y. P. Shih, “Laguerre series direct method for variational problems,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 143–149, 1983.
- G. N. Elnagar, “State-control spectral Chebyshev parameterization for linearly constrained quadratic optimal control problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 19–40, 1997.
- P. N. Paraskevopoulos, “Legendre series approach to identification and analysis of linear systems,” Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 585–589, 1985.
- G. Th. Kekkeris and P. N. Paraskevopoulos, “Hermite series approach to optimal control,” International Journal of Control, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 557–567, 1988.
- P. N. Paraskevopoulos, P. D. Sparis, and S. G. Mouroutsos, “The Fourier series operational matrix of integration,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 171–176, 1985.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and M. A. Saker, “Integrals of Bernstein polynomials: an application for the solution of high even-order differential equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 559–565, 2011.
- P. N. Paraskevopoulos, P. G. Sklavounos, and G. Ch. Georgiou, “The operational matrix of integration for Bessel functions,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 327, no. 2, pp. 329–341, 1990.
- A. H. Bhrawy, E. Tohidi, and F. Soleymani, “A new Bernoulli matrix method for solving high-order linear and nonlinear Fredholm integro-differential equations with piecewise intervals,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 2, pp. 482–497, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy and M. A. Al-Shomrani, “A shifted Legendre spectral method for fractional order multi point boundary value problems,” Advances in Differerence Equations, vol. 2012, article 8, 2012.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and S. S. Ezz-Eldien, “A Chebyshev spectral method based on operational matrix for initial and boundary value problems of fractional order,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 2364–2373, 2011.
- M. Gülsu, B. Gürbüz, Y. Öztürk, and M. Sezer, “Laguerre polynomial approach for solving linear delay difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 15, pp. 6765–6776, 2011.
- M. Sezer, S. yalçinbaş, and N. Şahin, “Approximate solution of multi-pantograph equation with variable coefficients,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 406–416, 2008.
- E. Tohidi, “Legendre approximation for solving linear HPDEs and comparison with Taylor and Bernoulli matrix methods,” Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 410–416, 2012.
- E. Tohidi, A. H. Bhrawy, and Kh. Erfani, “A collocation method based on Bernoulli operational matrix for numerical solution of generalized pantograph equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 4283–4294, 2013.
- E. Tohidi, “Bernoulli matrix approach for solving two dimensional linear hyperbolic partial differential equations with constant coefficients,” American Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 136–139, 2012.
- F. Toutounian, E. Tohidi, and S. Shateyi, “A collocation method based on Bernoulli operational matrix for solving high order linear complex differential equations in a rectangular domain,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, Article ID 823098, 2013.
- F. Toutounian, E. Tohidi, and A. Kiliçman, “Fourier operational matrices of differentiation and transmission: introduction and applications,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, Article ID 198926, 2013.
- S. Yalçinbaş, M. Aynigül, and M. Sezer, “A collocation method using Hermite polynomials for approximate solution of pantograph equations,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 348, no. 6, pp. 1128–1139, 2011.
- S. A. Yousefi and M. Behroozifar, “Operational matrices of Bernstein polynomials and their applications,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 709–716, 2010.
- S. Yuzbasi, Bessel polynomial solutions of linear differential, integral and integro-differential equations [M.S. thesis], Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Mugla University, 2009.
- O. R. N. Samadi and E. Tohidi, “The spectral method for solving systems of Volterra integral equations,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, vol. 40, no. 1-2, pp. 477–497, 2012.
- E. Tohidi and O. R. N. Samadi, “Optimal control of nonlinear Volterra integral equations via Legendre polynomials,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 67–83, 2013.
- L. S. Pontryagin, V. G. Boltyanskii, R. V. Gamkrelidze, and E. F. Mishchenko, The Mathematical Theory of Optimal Processes, Wiley Interscience, 1962.
- H. P. Geering, Optimal Control with Engineering Applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- E. Tohidi, O. R. N. Samadi, and M. H. Farahi, “Legendre approximation for solving a class of nonlinear optimal control problems,” Journal of Mathematical Finance, vol. 1, pp. 8–13, 2011.
- K. Maleknejad and H. Almasieh, “Optimal control of Volterra integral equations via triangular functions,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 53, no. 9-10, pp. 1902–1909, 2011.
- M. L. Wang, R. Y. Chang, and S. Y. Yang, “Analysis and optimal control of time-varying systems via generalized orthogonal polynomials,” International Journal of Control, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 895–910, 1986.
- F. C. Kung and H. Lee, “Solution of linear state-space equations and parameter estimation in feedback systems using laguerre polynomial expansion,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 314, no. 6, pp. 393–403, 1982.