- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 536910, 10 pages
Bulbs of Period Two in the Family of Chebyshev-Halley Iterative Methods on Quadratic Polynomials
1Instituto de Matemática Multidisciplinar, Universitat Politècnica de València, Cno. de Vera s/n, 46022 Valencia, Spain
2Instituto de Matemáticas y Aplicaciones de Castellón, Universitat Jaume I, Avenida de Vicent Sos Baynat s/n, 12071 Castelló de la Plana, Spain
Received 1 March 2013; Accepted 18 April 2013
Academic Editor: Jan Andres
Copyright © 2013 Alicia Cordero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Blanchard, “The dynamics of newton’s method,” in Proceedings of the Symposia in Applied Mathematic, vol. 49, pp. 139–154, 1994.
- S. Amat, C. Bermúdez, S. Busquier, and S. Plaza, “On the dynamics of the Euler iterative function,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 197, no. 2, pp. 725–732, 2008.
- S. Amat, S. Busquier, and S. Plaza, “A construction of attracting periodic orbits for some classical third-order iterative methods,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 189, no. 1-2, pp. 22–33, 2006.
- J. M. Gutiérrez, M. A. Hernández, and N. Romero, “Dynamics of a new family of iterative processes for quadratic polynomials,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 233, no. 10, pp. 2688–2695, 2010.
- S. Plaza and N. Romero, “Attracting cycles for the relaxed Newton's method,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 235, no. 10, pp. 3238–3244, 2011.
- F. Chicharro, A. Cordero, J. M. Gutiérrez, and J. R. Torregrosa, “Complex dynamics of derivative-free methods for nonlinear equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 12, pp. 7023–7035, 2013.
- C. Chun, M. Y. Lee, B. Neta, and J. Džunić, “On optimal fourth-order iterative methods free from second derivative and their dynamics,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 11, pp. 6427–6438, 2012.
- B. Neta, M. Scott, and C. Chun, “Basins of attraction for several methods to find simple roots of nonlinear equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 21, pp. 10548–10556, 2012.
- A. Cordero, J. R. Torregrosa, and P. Vindel, “Dynamics of a family of Chebyshev-halley type methods,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 16, pp. 8568–8583, 2013.
- P. Blanchard, “Complex analytic dynamics on the Riemann sphere,” American Mathematical Society, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 85–141, 1984.
- K. Kneisl, “Julia sets for the super-Newton method, Cauchy's method, and Halley's method,” Chaos. An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 359–370, 2001.
- A. Cordero, J. R. Torregrosa, and P. Vindel, “Period-doubling bifurcations in the family of ChebyshevHalley-type methods,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics. In press.
- R. L. Devaney, An Introduction to Chaotic Dynamical Systems, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1989.
- R. L. Devaney, “The Mandelbrot set, the Farey tree, and the Fibonacci sequence,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 289–302, 1999.