- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 540725, 11 pages
Kernel Sliced Inverse Regression: Regularization and Consistency
1Department of Mathematical Sciences, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN 37130, USA
2Department of Statistics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL 61820, USA
3Departments of Statistical Science, Mathematics, and Computer Science, Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Received 3 May 2013; Accepted 14 June 2013
Academic Editor: Yiming Ying
Copyright © 2013 Qiang Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Li, “Sliced inverse regression for dimension reduction (with discussion),” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 86, no. 414, pp. 316–342, 1991.
- N. Duan and K. Li, “Slicing regression: a link-free regression method,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 505–530, 1991.
- R. Cook and S. Weisberg, “Comment,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 86, no. 414, pp. 328–332, 1991.
- K. C. Li, “On principal hessian directions for data visualization and dimension reduction: another application of stein's lemma,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 87, no. 420, pp. 1025–1039, 1992.
- L. Li, R. D. Cook, and C.-L. Tsai, “Partial inverse regression,” Biometrika, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 615–625, 2007.
- B. Schölkopf, A. J. Smola, and K. Müller, “Kernel principal component analysis,” in Proceedings of the Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN '97), W. Gerstner, A. Germond, M. Hasler, and J.-D. Nicoud, Eds., vol. 1327 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 583–588, Springer, Lausanne, Switzerland, October 1997.
- B. Schölkopf and A. J. Smola, Learning with Kernels, The MIT Press, Massachusetts, Mass, USA, 2002.
- G. Baudat and F. Anouar, “Generalized discriminant analysis using a kernel approach,” Neural Computation, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 2385–2404, 2000.
- F. R. Bach and M. I. Jordan, “Kernel independent component analysis,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–48, 2002.
- H.-M. Wu, “Kernel sliced inverse regression with applications to classification,” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 590–610, 2008.
- Y.-R. Yeh, S.-Y. Huang, and Y.-J. Lee, “Nonlinear dimension reduction with kernel sliced inverse regression,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1590–1603, 2009.
- J. Mercer, “Functions of positive and negative type and their connection with the theory of integral equations,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 209, no. 441–458, pp. 415–446, 1909.
- H. König, Eigenvalue Distribution of Compact Operators, vol. 16 of Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, CH, Basel, Switzerland, 1986.
- L. Ferré and A. Yao, “Functional sliced inverse regression analysis,” Statistics, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 475–488, 2003.
- P. Hall and K.-C. Li, “On almost linearity of low-dimensional projections from high-dimensional data,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 867–889, 1993.
- G. He, H.-G. Müller, and J.-L. Wang, “Functional canonical analysis for square integrable stochastic processes,” Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 54–77, 2003.
- L. Ferré and A. Yao, “Smoothed functional inverse regression,” Statistica Sinica, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 665–683, 2005.
- W. Zhong, P. Zeng, P. Ma, J. S. Liu, and Y. Zhu, “RSIR: regularized sliced inverse regression for motif discovery,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 22, pp. 4169–4175, 2005.
- L. Ferré and N. Villa, “Multilayer perceptron with functional inputs: an inverse regression approach,” Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 807–823, 2006.
- L. Li and X. Yin, “Sliced inverse regression with regularizations,” Biometrics, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 124–131, 2008.
- C. Bernard-Michel, L. Gardes, and S. Girard, “Gaussian regularized sliced inverse regression,” Statistics and Computing, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 85–98, 2009.
- T. Hsing and R. J. Carroll, “An asymptotic theory for sliced inverse regression,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 1040–1061, 1992.
- J. Saracco, “An asymptotic theory for sliced inverse regression,” Communications in Statistics, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 2141–2171, 1997.
- L. X. Zhu and K. W. Ng, “Asymptotics of sliced inverse regression,” Statistica Sinica, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 727–736, 1995.
- T. Kurita and T. Taguchi, “A kernel-based fisher discriminant analysis for face detection,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 628–635, 2005.
- K. Fukumizu, F. R. Bach, and M. I. Jordan, “Kernel dimension reduction in regression,” The Annals of Statistics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 1871–1905, 2009.
- T. Kato, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1966.
- F. Chatelin, Spectral Approximation of Linear Operators, Academic Press, 1983.
- G. Blanchard, O. Bousquet, and L. Zwald, “Statistical properties of kernel principal component analysis,” Machine Learning, vol. 66, no. 2-3, pp. 259–294, 2007.