- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 542839, 9 pages
New Wavelets Collocation Method for Solving Second-Order Multipoint Boundary Value Problems Using Chebyshev Polynomials of Third and Fourth Kinds
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Cairo University, Giza 12613, Egypt
Received 7 August 2013; Revised 13 September 2013; Accepted 13 September 2013
Academic Editor: Soheil Salahshour
Copyright © 2013 W. M. Abd-Elhameed et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. H. Doha, W. M. Abd-Elhameed, and Y. H. Youssri, “Efficient spectral-Petrov-Galerkin methods for the integrated forms of third- and fifth-order elliptic differential equations using general parameters generalized Jacobi polynomials,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 15, pp. 7727–7740, 2012.
- W. M. Abd-Elhameed, E. H. Doha, and Y. H. Youssri, “Efficient spectral-Petrov-Galerkin methods for third- and fifth-order differential equations using general parameters generalized Jacobi polynomials,” Quaestiones Mathematicae, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 15–38, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, W. M. Abd-Elhameed, and A. H. Bhrawy, “New spectral-Galerkin algorithms for direct solution of high even-order differential equations using symmetric generalized Jacobi polynomials,” Collectanea Mathematica, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 373–394, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, A. H. Bhrawy, and R. M. Hafez, “On shifted Jacobi spectral method for high-order multi-point boundary value problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 3802–3810, 2012.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- Siraj-ul-Islam, I. Aziz, and B. Šarler, “The numerical solution of second-order boundary-value problems by collocation method with the Haar wavelets,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 52, no. 9-10, pp. 1577–1590, 2010.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. S. Alofi, and S. I. El-Soubhy, “An extension of the Legendre-Galerkin method for solving sixth-order differential equations with variable polynomial coefficients,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 896575, 13 pages, 2012.
- E. H. Doha and W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “Efficient solutions of multidimensional sixth-order boundary value problems using symmetric generalized Jacobi-Galerkin method,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 749370, 19 pages, 2012.
- W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “Efficient spectral Legendre dual-Petrov-Galerkin algorithms for the direct solution of th-order linear differential equations,” Journal of the Egyptian Mathematical Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 189–211, 2009.
- A. H. Bhrawy and W. M. Abd-Elhameed, “New algorithm for the numerical solutions of nonlinear third-order differential equations using Jacobi-Gauss collocation method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 837218, 14 pages, 2011.
- A. H. Bhrawy, A. S. Alofi, and S. I. El-Soubhy, “Spectral shifted Jacobi tau and collocation methods for solving fifth-order boundary value problems,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 823273, 14 pages, 2011.
- M. Moshiinsky, “Sobre los problemas de condiciones a la frontiera en una dimension de caracteristicas discontinuas,” Boletin de La Sociedad Matematica Mexicana, vol. 7, article 125, 1950.
- S. P. Timoshenko, Theory of Elastic Stability, McGraw-Hill Book, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1961.
- R. P. Agarwal and I. Kiguradze, “On multi-point boundary value problems for linear ordinary differential equations with singularities,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 297, no. 1, pp. 131–151, 2004.
- Z. Du, “Solvability of functional differential equations with multi-point boundary value problems at resonance,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 2653–2661, 2008.
- W. Feng and J. R. L. Webb, “Solvability of -point boundary value problems with nonlinear growth,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 212, no. 2, pp. 467–480, 1997.
- H. B. Thompson and C. Tisdell, “Three-point boundary value problems for second-order, ordinary, differential equations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 34, no. 3-4, pp. 311–318, 2001.
- M. R. Scott and H. A. Watts, “SUPORT—a computer code for two-point boundary-value problems via orthonormalization,” Sandia Labs Report 75-0198, Sandia Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 1975.
- M. R. Scott and H. A. Watts, “Computational solution of linear two-point boundary value problems via orthonormalization,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 40–70, 1977.
- M. R. Scott and W. H. Vandevender, “A comparison of several invariant imbedding algorithms for the solution of two-point boundary-value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 187–218, 1975.
- T. Y. Na, Computational Methods in Engineering Boundary Value Problems, vol. 145, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- K. E. Bisshopp and D. C. Drucker, “Large deflection of cantilever beams,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, pp. 272–275, 1945.
- W. Glabisz, “The use of Walsh-wavelet packets in linear boundary value problems,” Computers & Structures, vol. 82, no. 2-3, pp. 131–141, 2004.
- Siraj-ul-Islam, M. A. Noor, I. A. Tirmizi, and M. A. Khan, “Quadratic non-polynomial spline approach to the solution of a system of second-order boundary-value problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 179, no. 1, pp. 153–160, 2006.
- S. Robert and J. Shipman, “Solution of Troesch's two-point boundary value problems by shooting techniques,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 10, pp. 232–241, 1972.
- E. Wiebel, Confinement of a Plasma Column by Radiation Pressure in the Plasma in a Magnetic Field, Stanford University Press, Stanfor, Calif, USA, 1958.
- H. H. Keller and E. S. Holdrege, “Radiation heat transfer for annular fins of trapezoidal profile,” International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications, vol. 92, pp. 113–116, 1970.
- M. Tatari and M. Dehgan, “The use of the Adomian decomposition method for solving multipoint boundary value problems,” Physica Scripta, vol. 73, pp. 672–676, 2006.
- M. Lakestani and M. Dehghan, “The solution of a second-order nonlinear differential equation with Neumann boundary conditions using semi-orthogonal B-spline wavelets,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 83, no. 8-9, pp. 685–694, 2006.
- A. Constantmldes, Applied Numerical Methods with Personal Computers, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- D. E. Newland, An Introduction to Random Vibrations, Spectral and Wavelet Analysis, Longman Scientific and Technical, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- M. Razzaghi and S. Yousefi, “Legendre wavelets method for the solution of nonlinear problems in the calculus of variations,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 34, no. 1-2, pp. 45–54, 2001.
- M. Razzaghi and S. Yousefi, “Legendre wavelets method for constrained optimal control problems,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 529–539, 2002.
- E. Babolian and F. Fattahzadeh, “Numerical solution of differential equations by using Chebyshev wavelet operational matrix of integration,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 417–426, 2007.
- L. Zhu and Q. Fan, “Solving fractional nonlinear Fredholm integro-differential equations by the second kind Chebyshev wavelet,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 2333–2341, 2012.
- E. H. Doha, W. M. Abd- Elhameed, and Y. H. Youssri, “Second kind Chebyshev operational matrix algorithm for solving differential equations of Lane-Emden type,” New Astronomy, vol. 23-24, pp. 113–117, 2013.
- E. H. Doha, W. M. Abd-Elhameed, and M. A. Bassuony, “New algorithms for solving high even-order differential equations using third and fourth Chebyshev-Galerkin methods,” Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 236, pp. 563–579, 2013.
- J. C. Mason and D. C. Handscomb, Chebyshev Polynomials, Chapman & Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- Y. Lin, J. Niu, and M. Cui, “A numerical solution to nonlinear second order three-point boundary value problems in the reproducing kernel space,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 14, pp. 7362–7368, 2012.
- F. Geng, “Solving singular second order three-point boundary value problems using reproducing kernel Hilbert space method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 6, pp. 2095–2102, 2009.
- F. Z. Geng, “A numerical algorithm for nonlinear multi-point boundary value problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 236, no. 7, pp. 1789–1794, 2012.
- A. Saadatmandi and M. Dehghan, “The use of sinc-collocation method for solving multi-point boundary value problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 593–601, 2012.