- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 548975, 8 pages
Solutions and Conservation Laws of a (2+1)-Dimensional Boussinesq Equation
International Institute for Symmetry Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, Department of Mathematical Sciences, North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, Private Bag X 2046, Mmabatho 2735, South Africa
Received 6 July 2013; Accepted 19 August 2013
Academic Editor: Maria Gandarias
Copyright © 2013 Letlhogonolo Daddy Moleleki and Chaudry Masood Khalique. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Gu, H. Hu, and Z. Zhou, Darboux Transformations in Integrable Systems, vol. 26 of Mathematical Physics Studies, Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 2005.
- M. J. Ablowitz and P. A. Clarkson, Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, vol. 149 of London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1991.
- R. Hirota, The Direct Method in Soliton Theory, vol. 155 of Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- S. Liu, Z. Fu, S. Liu, and Q. Zhao, “Jacobi elliptic function expansion method and periodic wave solutions of nonlinear wave equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 289, no. 1-2, pp. 69–74, 2001.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The tanh and the sine-cosine methods for compact and noncompact solutions of the nonlinear Klein-Gordon equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 167, no. 2, pp. 1179–1195, 2005.
- Sirendaoreji and S. Jiong, “Auxiliary equation method for solving nonlinear partial differential equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 309, no. 5-6, pp. 387–396, 2003.
- G. W. Bluman and S. Kumei, Symmetries and Differential Equations, vol. 81 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- P. J. Olver, Applications of Lie Groups to Differential Equations, vol. 107 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1993.
- N. H. Ibragimov, CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations, vol. 1–3, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1994–1996.
- C. M. Khalique and A. R. Adem, “Exact solutions of a generalized -dimensional Kadomtsev-Petviashvili equation using Lie symmetry analysis,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 10, pp. 2849–2854, 2010.
- K. R. Adem and C. M. Khalique, “Exact solutions and conservation laws of a -dimensional nonlinear KP-BBM equation,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 791863, 5 pages, 2013.
- M. Wang and Y. Zhou, “The periodic wave solutions for the Klein-Gordon-Schrödinger equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 318, no. 1-2, pp. 84–92, 2003.
- J.-H. He and X.-H. Wu, “Exp-function method for nonlinear wave equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 700–708, 2006.
- S. Lai, Y. Wu, and Y. Zhou, “Some physical structures for the -dimensional Boussinesq water equation with positive and negative exponents,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 339–345, 2008.
- Y. Chen, Z. Yan, and H. Zhang, “New explicit solitary wave solutions for -dimensional Boussinesq equation and -dimensional KP equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 307, no. 2-3, pp. 107–113, 2003.
- G. Imed and B. Abderrahmen, “Numerical solution of the -dimensional Boussinesq equation with initial condition by homotopy perturbation method,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 6, no. 117–120, pp. 5993–6002, 2012.
- C. Liu and Z. Dai, “Exact periodic solitary wave solutions for the -dimensional Boussinesq equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 367, no. 2, pp. 444–450, 2010.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “Non-integrable variants of Boussinesq equation with two solitons,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 2, pp. 820–825, 2010.
- P. D. Lax, “Integrals of nonlinear equations of evolution and solitary waves,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 21, pp. 467–490, 1968.
- T. B. Benjamin, “The stability of solitary waves,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 328, pp. 153–183, 1972.
- R. J. Knops and C. A. Stuart, “Quasiconvexity and uniqueness of equilibrium solutions in nonlinear elasticity,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 233–249, 1984.
- R. J. LeVeque, Numerical Methods for Conservation Laws, Lectures in Mathematics, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2nd edition, 1992.
- E. Godlewski and P.-A. Raviart, Numerical Approximation of Hyperbolic Systems of Conservation Laws, vol. 118 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- A. Sjöberg, “Double reduction of PDEs from the association of symmetries with conservation laws with applications,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 608–616, 2007.
- A. H. Bokhari, A. Y. Al-Dweik, A. H. Kara, F. M. Mahomed, and F. D. Zaman, “Double reduction of a nonlinear wave equation via conservation laws,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1244–1253, 2011.
- G. L. Caraffini and M. Galvani, “Symmetries and exact solutions via conservation laws for some partial differential equations of mathematical physics,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 1474–1484, 2012.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Simplest equation method to look for exact solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1217–1231, 2005.
- N. K. Vitanov, “Application of simplest equations of Bernoulli and Riccati kind for obtaining exact traveling-wave solutions for a class of PDEs with polynomial nonlinearity,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2050–2060, 2010.
- N. H. Ibragimov, “A new conservation theorem,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 333, no. 1, pp. 311–328, 2007.