- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 560590, 8 pages
Solutions of a Class of Sixth Order Boundary Value Problems Using the Reproducing Kernel Space
Department of Mathematics, University of the Punjab, Lahore 54590, Pakistan
Received 25 October 2012; Revised 15 January 2013; Accepted 31 January 2013
Academic Editor: Lucas Jódar
Copyright © 2013 Ghazala Akram and Hamood Ur Rehman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Toomre, J. R. Zahn, J. Latour, and E. A. Spiegel, “Stellar convection theory ii:single mode study of the second convection zone in a-type stars,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 207, pp. 545–563, 1976.
- S. Chandrasekhar, Hydrodynamic and Hydromagnetic Stability, The International Series of Monographs on Physics, Clarendon Press, Oxford, UK, 1961.
- R. P. Agarwal, Boundary Value Problems for Higher Order Differential Equations, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 1986.
- G. Akram and S. S. Siddiqi, “Solution of sixth order boundary value problems using non-polynomial spline technique,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 708–720, 2006.
- S. S. Siddiqi and G. Akram, “Septic spline solutions of sixth-order boundary value problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 288–301, 2008.
- M. A. Noor and S. T. Mohyud-Din, “Homotopy perturbation method for solving sixth-order boundary value problems,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 2953–2972, 2008.
- A.-M. Wazwaz, “The numerical solution of sixth-order boundary value problems by the modified decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 118, no. 2-3, pp. 311–325, 2001.
- C. H. Che Hussin and A. Kiliçman, “On the solutions of nonlinear higher-order boundary value problems by using differential transformation method and Adomian decomposition method,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 724927, 19 pages, 2011.
- T. E. Simos, “New stable closed Newton-Cotes trigonometrically fitted formulae for long-time integration,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, Article ID 182536, 15 pages, 2012.
- T. E. Simos, “Optimizing a hybrid two-step method for the numerical solution of the Schrödinger equation and related problems with respect to phase-lag,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, Article ID 420387, 17 pages, 2012.
- Z. A. Anastassi and T. E. Simos, “A parametric symmetric linear four-step method for the efficient integration of the Schrödinger equation and related oscillatory problems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 236, no. 16, pp. 3880–3889, 2012.
- G. Akram and H. U. Rehman, “Solution of first order singularly perturbed initial value problem in reproducing kernel Hilbert space,” European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 516–523, 2011.
- G. Akram and H. U. Rehman, “Numerical solution of eighth order boundary value problems in reproducing kernel space,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 527–540, 2013.
- G. Akram and H. U. Rehman, “Solution of fifth order boundary value problems in the reproducing kernel space,” Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 191–195, 2011.
- H. Yao, “New algorithm for the numerical solution of the integro-differential equation with an integral boundary condition,” Journal of Mathematical Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 1054–1067, 2010.
- P. K. Pandey, “High order finite difference method for numerical solution of general two- point boundary value problems involving sixth order differential equation,” International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 317–326, 2012.