- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 568245, 11 pages
Existence of Conformal Metrics with Prescribed Q-Curvature
1Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80230, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, Road Soukra, Sfax, Tunisia
Received 13 October 2012; Revised 5 February 2013; Accepted 8 February 2013
Academic Editor: Svatoslav Staněk
Copyright © 2013 Mohammed Ali Al-Ghamdi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Paneitz, “A quartic conformally covariant differential operator for arbitrary pseudo-Riemannian manifolds,” SIGMA. Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry. Methods and Applications, vol. 4, article 036, 2008.
- T. P. Branson, “Differential operators canonically associated to a conformal structure,” Mathematica Scandinavica, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 293–345, 1985.
- Z. Djadli, E. Hebey, and M. Ledoux, “Paneitz-type operators and applications,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 129–169, 2000.
- Sun-Y.A. Chang and P. C. Yang, “Extremal metrics of zeta function determinants on -manifolds,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 142, no. 1, pp. 171–212, 1995.
- Z. Djadli and A. Malchiodi, “Existence of conformal metrics with constant -curvature,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 168, no. 3, pp. 813–858, 2008.
- M. J. Gursky, “The principal eigenvalue of a conformally invariant differential operator, with an application to semilinear elliptic PDE,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 207, no. 1, pp. 131–143, 1999.
- J. Wei and X. Xu, “On conformal deformations of metrics on ,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 292–325, 1998.
- W. Abdelhedi and H. Chtioui, “On the prescribed Paneitz curvature problem on the standard spheres,” Advanced Nonlinear Studies, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 511–528, 2006.
- A. Bensouf and H. Chtioui, “Conformal metrics with prescribed -curvature on ,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 41, no. 3-4, pp. 455–481, 2011.
- H. Chtioui and A. Rigane, “On the prescribed -curvature problem on ,” Comptes Rendus Mathématique. Académie des Sciences. Paris, vol. 348, no. 11-12, pp. 635–638, 2010.
- H. Chtioui and A. Rigane, “On the prescribed Q-curvature problem on ,” Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 261, no. 10, pp. 2999–3043, 2011.
- Z. Djadli, A. Malchiodi, and M. O. Ahmedou, “Prescribing a fourth order conformal invariant on the standard sphere. I. A perturbation result,” Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 375–408, 2002.
- Z. Djadli, A. Malchiodi, and M. O. Ahmedou, “Prescribing a fourth order conformal invariant on the standard sphere. II. Blow up analysis and applications,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 387–434, 2002.
- V. Felli, “Existence of conformal metrics on with prescribed fourth-order invariant,” Advances in Differential Equations, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 47–76, 2002.
- A. Bahri, Critical Points at Infinity in Some Variational Problems, vol. 182 of Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series, Longman Scientific & Technical, Harlow, UK, 1989.
- A. Bahri, “An invariant for Yamabe-type flows with applications to scalar-curvature problems in high dimension,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 323–466, 1996.
- C.-S. Lin, “A classification of solutions of a conformally invariant fourth order equation in ,” Commentarii Mathematici Helvetici, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 206–231, 1998.
- M. Ben Ayed, Y. Chen, H. Chtioui, and M. Hammami, “On the prescribed scalar curvature problem on -manifolds,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 633–677, 1996.
- E. Hebey and F. Robert, “Asymptotic analysis for fourth order Paneitz equations with critical growth,” Advances in Calculus of Variations, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 229–275, 2011.
- M. Ben Ayed and K. El Mehdi, “The Paneitz curvature problem on lower-dimensional spheres,” Annals of Global Analysis and Geometry, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 1–36, 2007.
- R. Ben Mahmoud and H. Chtioui, “Prescribing the scalar curvature problem on higher-dimensional manifolds,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1857–1879, 2012.
- A. Bahri and P. H. Rabinowitz, “Periodic solutions of Hamiltonian systems of three body type,” Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré. Analyse Non Linéaire, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 561–649, 1991.