- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 573782, 5 pages
Variational Iteration Method for the Magnetohydrodynamic Flow over a Nonlinear Stretching Sheet
1National Engineering Laboratory for Modern Silk, College of Textile and Engineering, Soochow University, 199 Ren-ai Road, Suzhou, Jiangsu 215123, China
2Nantong Textile Institute of Soochow University, 58 Chong-chuan Road, Nantong, Jiangsu 226018, China
3Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Received 10 December 2012; Accepted 22 February 2013
Academic Editor: de Dai
Copyright © 2013 Lan Xu and Eric W. M. Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Hayat, Q. Hussain, and T. Javed, “The modified decomposition method and Padé approximants for the MHD flow over a non-linear stretching sheet,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 966–973, 2009.
- J. H. He, “Variational iteration method—a kind of non-linear analytical technique: some examples,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 699–708, 1999.
- L. Xu, “Variational iteration method for solving integral equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1071–1078, 2007.
- S. Abbasbandy and H. R. Ghehsareh, “Solutions of the magnetohydrodynamic flow over a nonlinear stretching sheet and nano boundary layers over stretching surfaces,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 70, pp. 1324–1340, 2012.
- M. M. Rashidi, “The modified differential transform method for solving MHD boundary-layer equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 180, no. 11, pp. 2210–2217, 2009.
- J.-H. He, “Homotopy perturbation method with an auxiliary term,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 857612, 7 pages, 2012.
- L. Xu and J. H. He, “Determination of limit cycle by Hamiltonian approach for strongly nonlinear oscillators,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1097–1101, 2010.
- T. C. Chaim, “Hydromagnetic flow over a surface stretching with a power-law velocity,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 33, pp. 429–435, 1995.
- J.-H. He and X.-H. Wu, “Variational iteration method: new development and applications,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 881–894, 2007.
- J.-H. He, “A short remark on fractional variational iteration method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 38, pp. 3362–3364, 2011.
- K. B. Pavlov, “Magnetohydrodynamic flow of an incompressible viscous fluid caused by deformation of a surface,” Magnitnaya Gidrodinamika, vol. 4, pp. 146–147, 1975.
- G. A. Baker, Essentials of Padé Approximants, Academic press, London, UK, 1975.