- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 585310, 10 pages
Fractional-Order Total Variation Image Restoration Based on Primal-Dual Algorithm
1College of Information Science and Engineering, Northeastern University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110006, China
2MESA Lab, University of California, Merced, 5200 North Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343, USA
Received 7 August 2013; Accepted 27 September 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 Dali Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Rudin, S. Osher, and E. Fatemi, “Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms,” Physica D, vol. 60, no. 1–4, pp. 259–268, 1992.
- J.-F. Aujol, “Some first-order algorithms for total variation based image restoration,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 307–327, 2009.
- C. Vogel and M. Oman, “Fast, robust total variation-based reconstruction of noisy, blurred images,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 813–824, 1998.
- F. Alter, S. Durand, and J. Froment, “Adapted total variation for artifact free decompression of JPEG images,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 199–211, 2005.
- F. Li, C. Shen, and C. Li, “Multiphase soft segmentation with total variation and H1 regularization,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 98–111, 2010.
- J. Zhang, Z. Wei, and L. Xiao, “Adaptive fractional-order multi-scale method for image denoising,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 39–49, 2012.
- Y. L. You and M. Kaveh, “Fourth-order partial differential equations for noise removal,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1723–1730, 2000.
- M. Hajiaboli, “A self-governing fourth-order nonlinear diffusion filter for image noise removal,” IPSJ Transactions on Computer Vision and Applications, vol. 2, pp. 94–103, 2010.
- R. Herrmann, Fractional Calculus: An Introduction for Physicists, World Scientific, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 2011.
- S.-C. Liu and S. Chang, “Dimension estimation of discrete-time fractional Brownian motion with applications to image texture classification,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1176–1184, 1997.
- D. Chen, Y. Chen, and D. Xue, “Digital fractional order Savitzky-Golay differentiator,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 758–762, 2011.
- S. Didas, B. Burgeth, A. Imiya, and J. Weickert, “Regularity and scale-space properties of fractional high order linear filtering,” in 5th International Conference on Scale Space and PDE Methods in Computer Vision, Scale-Space 2005, pp. 13–25, deu, April 2005.
- B. Ninness, “Estimation of Noise,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 32–46, 1998.
- I. Petras, D. Sierociuk, and I. Podlubny, “Identification of parameters of a half-order system,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 5561–5566, 2012.
- D. Chen, Y. Chen, and D. Xue, “1-D and 2-D digital fractional-order Savitzky-Golay differentiator,” Signal, Image and Video Processing, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 503–511, 2012.
- Y. F. Pu, J. L. Zhou, and X. Yuan, “Fractional differential mask: a fractional differential-based approach for multiscale texture enhancement,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491–511, 2010.
- D. Chen, H. Sheng, Y. Chen, and D. Xue, “Fractional-order variational optical flow model for motion estimation,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 371, no. 1990, 2013.
- J. Bai and X. Feng, “Fractional-order anisotropic diffusion for image denoising,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 2492–2502, 2007.
- P. Guidotti and J. V. Lambers, “Two new nonlinear nonlocal diffusions for noise reduction,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 25–37, 2009.
- E. Cuesta, M. Kirane, and S. A. Malik, “Image structure preserving denoising using generalized fractional time integrals,” Signal Processing, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 553–563, 2012.
- M. Janev, S. Pilipović, T. Atanacković, R. Obradović, and N. Ralević, “Fully fractional anisotropic diffusion for image denoising,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, no. 1-2, pp. 729–741, 2011.
- D. Chen, S. Sun, C. Zhang, Y. Chen, and D. Xue, “Fractional-order TV-L2 model for image denoising,” Central European Journal of Physics, 2013.
- K. Arrow, L. Hurwicz, and H. Uzawa, “Studies in linear and non-linear programming,” in Stanford Mathematical Studies in the Social Sciences, Stanford University Press, Palo Alto, Calif, USA, 1958.
- M. Zhu and T. Chan, “An efficient primal-dual hybrid gradient algorithm for total variation image restoration,” CAM Report 08-34, UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 2008.
- A. Chambolle, “An Algorithm for Total Variation Minimization and Applications,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 89–97, 2004.
- E. Esser, X. Zhang, and T. F. Chan, “A general framework for a class of first order primal-dual algorithms for convex optimization in imaging science,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 1015–1046, 2010.
- S. Bonettini and V. Ruggiero, “On the convergence of primal-dual hybrid gradient algorithms for total variation image restoration,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 236–253, 2012.
- B. He and X. Yuan, “Convergence analysis of primal-dual algorithms for a saddle-point problem: from contraction perspective,” SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 119–149, 2012.
- A. Chambolle and T. Pock, “A first-order primal-dual algorithm for convex problems with applications to imaging,” Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 120–145, 2011.
- Y. Chen, G. Lan, and Y. Ouyang, “Optimal primal-dual methods for a class of saddle point problems,” CAM Report 13-31, UCLA, Los Angeles, Calif, USA, 2013.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- S. Boyd and L. Vandenberghe, Convex Optimization, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- P. Perona and J. Malik, “Scale-space and edge detection using anisotropic diffusion,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 629–639, 1990.