- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 587179, 5 pages
Fractional Subequation Method for Cahn-Hilliard and Klein-Gordon Equations
1Department of Mathematics, University of Mazandaran, P.O. Box 47416-93797, Babolsar, Iran
2Department of Mathematical Sciences, International Institute for Symmetry Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, Private Bag X2046, Mmabatho 2735, South Africa
3Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Art and Sciences, Çankaya University, Ankara, Turkey
4Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
5Institute for Space Sciences, Măgurele, P.O. Box R 76900, Bucharest, Romania
Received 10 December 2012; Accepted 6 January 2013
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2013 Hossein Jafari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of Their Solution and some of Their Applications, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives: Theory and Applications, Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Redding, Calif, USA, 2006.
- R. Hilfer, Applications of Fractional Calculus in Physics, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2000.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific Publishing, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- K. Diethelm, The Analysis of Fractional Differential Equations: An Application-Oriented Exposition Using Differential Operators of Caputo Type, vol. 2004 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- M. Klimek, On Solutions of Linear Fractional Differential Equations of a Variational Type, The Publishing Office of Czestochowa University of Technology, Czestochowa, Poland, 2009.
- F. Riewe, “Nonconservative Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics,” Physical Review E, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 1890–1899, 1996.
- F. Riewe, “Mechanics with fractional derivatives,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 3581–3592, 1997.
- M. Klimek, “Lagrangean and Hamiltonian fractional sequential mechanics,” Czechoslovak Journal of Physics, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 1247–1253, 2002.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Formulation of Euler-Lagrange equations for fractional variational problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 272, no. 1, pp. 368–379, 2002.
- D. Baleanu and T. Avkar, “Lagrangians with linear velocities within Riemann-Liouville fractional derivatives,” Nuovo Cimento della Societa Italiana di Fisica B, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2004.
- J. G. Lu and G. Chen, “A note on the fractional-order Chen system,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 685–688, 2006.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and H. Jafari, “Solving a multi-order fractional differential equation using Adomian decomposition,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 541–548, 2007.
- H. Jafari, M. Nazari, D. Baleanu, and C. M. Khalique, “A new approach for solving a system of fractional partial differential equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications. In press.
- H. Jafari, H. Tajadodi, and D. Baleanu, “A modified variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation by Adomian polynomials,” Fractional Calculus and Applied Analysis, vol. 16, pp. 109–122, 2013.
- H. Jafari and H. Tajadodi, “He's variational iteration method for solving fractional Riccati differential equation,” International Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 2010, Article ID 764738, 8 pages, 2010.
- H. Jafari, S. Das, and H. Tajadodi, “Solving a multi-order fractional differential equation using homotopy analysis method,” Journal of King Saud University, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 151–155, 2011.
- H. Jafari, N. Kadkhoda, H. Tajadodi, and S. A. Hosseini Matikolai, “Homotopy perturbation pade technique for solving fractional riccati differential equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 11, pp. 271–275, 2010.
- Q. Huang, G. Huang, and H. Zhan, “A finite element solution for the fractional advection-dispersion equation,” Advances in Water Resources, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 1578–1589, 2008.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Modified homotopy perturbation method: application to quadratic Riccati differential equation of fractional order,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 167–174, 2008.
- S. Zhang, Q. A. Zong, D. Liu, and Q. Gao, “A generalized exp-function method for fractional Riccati differential equations,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 1, pp. 48–52, 2010.
- S. Zhang and H.-Q. Zhang, “Fractional sub-equation method and its applications to nonlinear fractional PDEs,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 7, pp. 1069–1073, 2011.
- M. L. Wang, “Solitary wave solutions for variant Boussinesq equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 199, no. 3-4, pp. 169–172, 1995.
- G. Jumarie, “Modified Riemann-Liouville derivative and fractional Taylor series of nondifferentiable functions further results,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 9-10, pp. 1367–1376, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “Cauchy's integral formula via the modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for analytic functions of fractional order,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 1444–1450, 2010.
- S. Guo, L. Mei, Y. Li, and Y. Sun, “The improved fractional sub-equation method and its applications to the space-time fractional differential equations in fluid mechanics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 376, no. 4, pp. 407–411, 2012.
- S. M. Choo, S. K. Chung, and Y. J. Lee, “A conservative difference scheme for the viscous Cahn-Hilliard equation with a nonconstant gradient energy coefficient,” Applied Numerical Mathematics, vol. 51, no. 2-3, pp. 207–219, 2004.
- M. E. Gurtin, “Generalized Ginzburg-Landau and Cahn-Hilliard equations based on a microforce balance,” Physica D, vol. 92, no. 3-4, pp. 178–192, 1996.
- J. Kim, “A numerical method for the Cahn-Hilliard equation with a variable mobility,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1560–1571, 2007.
- Sirendaoreji, “Auxiliary equation method and new solutions of Klein-Gordon equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 943–950, 2007.
- K. M. Kolwankar and A. D. Gangal, “Local fractional Fokker-Planck equation,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 214–217, 1998.
- Y. Zhou, M. Wang, and Y. Wang, “Periodic wave solutions to a coupled KdV equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 308, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2003.