- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 590159, 9 pages
Extending Topological Abelian Groups by the Unit Circle
1Departamento de Física y Matemática Aplicada, University of Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Spain
2Departamento de Métodos Matemáticos y de Representación, University of A Coruña, 15071 A Coruña, Spain
Received 26 June 2013; Accepted 30 August 2013
Academic Editor: Salvador Hernández
Copyright © 2013 Hugo J. Bello et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. J. Kalton, N. T. Peck, and J. W. Roberts, An F-Space Sampler, London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1984.
- M. Bruguera and M. Tkachenko, “The three space problem in topological groups,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 153, no. 13, pp. 2278–2302, 2006.
- J. M. F. Castillo, “On the “three-space” problem for locally quasi-convex topological groups,” Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 253–262, 2000.
- N. J. Kalton and N. T. Peck, “Quotients of for ,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 65–75, 1979.
- F. Cabello, “Pseudo-characters and almost multiplicative functionals,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 248, no. 1, pp. 275–289, 2000.
- F. Cabello, “Quasi-additive mappings,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 290, no. 1, pp. 263–270, 2004.
- F. Cabello Sánchez, “Quasi-homomorphisms,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 178, no. 3, pp. 255–270, 2003.
- W. Banaszczyk, Additive Subgroups of Topological Vector Spaces, vol. 1466 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- S. A. Morris, Pontryagin Duality and the Structure of Locally Compact Abelian Groups, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1977, London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, No. 29.
- M. Bruguera and E. Martín-Peinador, “Open subgroups, compact subgroups and Binz-Butzmann reflexivity,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 101–111, 1996.
- P. Domański, “On the splitting of twisted sums, and the three-space problem for local convexity,” Studia Mathematica, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 155–189, 1985.
- M. Ribe, “Examples for the nonlocally convex three space problem,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 351–355, 1979.
- J. W. Roberts, “A nonlocally convex F-space with the Hahn-Banach approximation property,” in Banach Spaces of Analytic Functions, vol. 604 of Lecture Notes, pp. 76–81, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1977.
- S. Warner, Topological Fields, vol. 157 of Mathematics Studies, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1989.
- E. Hewitt and K. A. Ross, Abstract Harmonic Analysis I, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1979.
- W. W. Comfort and K. A. Ross, “Topologies induced by groups of characters,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 55, pp. 283–291, 1964.
- S. Ardanza-Trevijano and M. J. Chasco, “The Pontryagin duality of sequential limits of topological abelian groups,” Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, vol. 202, no. 1–3, pp. 11–21, 2005.
- N. Th. Varopoulos, “Studies in harmonic analysis,” Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 60, pp. 465–516, 1964.
- J. Galindo and S. Hernández, “The concept of boundedness and the Bohr compactification of a MAP abelian group,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 159, no. 3, pp. 195–218, 1999.
- J. B. Reade, “A theorem on cardinal numbers associated with inductive limits of locally compact Abelian groups,” Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 61, pp. 69–74, 1965.
- S. Hernández, “A theorem on cardinal numbers associated with abelian groups,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 134, no. 1, pp. 33–39, 2003.
- L. J. Sulley, “On countable inductive limits of locally compact abelian groups,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 629–637, 1972.
- R. Venkataraman, “Characterization, structure and analysis on abelian groups,” Monatshefte für Mathematik, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 1985.
- M. J. Chasco and X. Domínguez, “Topologies on the direct sum of topological abelian groups,” Topology and Its Applications, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 209–223, 2003.