- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 590519, 12 pages
Bregman Distance and Strong Convergence of Proximal-Type Algorithms
1Department of Applied Mathematics, National Sun Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
2Department of Mathematics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
Received 31 October 2012; Revised 7 March 2013; Accepted 7 March 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Motreanu
Copyright © 2013 Li-Wei Kuo and D. R. Sahu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. H. Bauschke, J. M. Borwein, and P. L. Combettes, “Bregman monotone optimization algorithms,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 596–636, 2003.
- T. Bonesky, K. S. Kazimierski, P. Maass, F. Schöpfer, and T. Schuster, “Minimization of Tikhonov functionals in Banach spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2008, Article ID 192679, 19 pages, 2008.
- L. M. Brègman, “A relaxation method of finding a common point of convex sets and its application to the solution of problems in convex programming,” USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 7, pp. 200–217, 1967.
- D. Butnariu and A. N. Iusem, Totally Convex Functions for Fixed Points Computation and Infinite Dimensional Optimization, vol. 40, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2000.
- Y. Censor and A. Lent, “An iterative row-action method for interval convex programming,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 321–353, 1981.
- Y. I. Alber, “Generalized projection operators in Banach spaces: properties and applications,” in Proceedings of the Israel Seminar, vol. 1 of Functional Differential Equation, pp. 1–21, Ariel, Israel, 1993.
- Y. I. Alber, “Metric and generalized projection operators in Banach spaces: properties and applications,” in Theory and Applications of Nonlinear Operators of Accretive and Monotone Type, vol. 178, pp. 15–50, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- Y. Alber and S. Guerre-Delabriere, “On the projection methods for fixed point problems,” Analysis, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 17–39, 2001.
- Y. I. Alber and A. I. Notik, “On some estimates for projection operators in Banach spaces,” Communications on Applied Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 1995.
- J. Li, “The generalized projection operator on reflexive Banach spaces and its applications,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 306, no. 1, pp. 55–71, 2005.
- W. Song and Z. Cao, “The generalized decomposition theorem in Banach spaces and its applications,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 167–181, 2004.
- Y. Su, H.-K. Xu, and X. Zhang, “Strong convergence theorems for two countable families of weak relatively nonexpansive mappings and applications,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 73, no. 12, pp. 3890–3906, 2010.
- R. P. Agarwal, D. O'Regan, and D. R. Sahu, Fixed Point Theory for Lipschitzian-Type Mappings with Applications, vol. 6 of Topological Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- I. Cioranescu, Geometry of Banach Spaces, Duality Mappings and Nonlinear Problems, vol. 62, Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1990.
- T.-C. Lim, H. K. Xu, and Z. B. Xu, “Some inequalities and their applications to fixed point theory and approximation theory,” in Progress in Approximation Theory, pp. 609–624, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- C. Zălinescu, Convex Analysis in General Vector Spaces, World Scientific Publishing, River Edge, NJ, USA, 2002.
- J.-P. Penot and R. Ratsimahalo, “On the Yosida approximation of operators,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Section A, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 945–966, 2001.
- H. H. Bauschke, J. M. Borwein, and P. L. Combettes, “Essential smoothness, essential strict convexity, and Legendre functions in Banach spaces,” Communications in Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 615–647, 2001.
- D. Butnariu, A. N. Iusem, and E. Resmerita, “Total convexity for powers of the norm in uniformly convex Banach spaces,” Journal of Convex Analysis, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 319–334, 2000.
- S. Reich and S. Sabach, “Two strong convergence theorems for a proximal method in reflexive Banach spaces,” Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, vol. 31, no. 1–3, pp. 22–44, 2010.
- D. Butnariu and G. Kassay, “A proximal-projection method for finding zeros of set-valued operators,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 2096–2136, 2008.
- F. Schöpfer, T. Schuster, and A. K. Louis, “Metric and Bregman projections onto affine subspaces and their computation via sequential subspace optimization methods,” Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 479–506, 2008.
- F. Schöpfer, T. Schuster, and A. K. Louis, “An iterative regularization method for the solution of the split feasibility problem in Banach spaces,” Inverse Problems, vol. 24, no. 5, p. 20, 2008.
- F. Schöpfer and T. Schuster, “Fast regularizing sequential subspace optimization in Banach spaces,” Inverse Problems, vol. 25, no. 1, p. 22, 2009.
- J.-J. Moreau, “Fonctions convexes duales et points proximaux dans un espace hilbertien,” Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences, vol. 255, pp. 2897–2899, 1962.
- S. Kamimura and W. Takahashi, “Strong convergence of a proximal-type algorithm in a Banach space,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 938–945, 2002.
- D. Butnariu and E. Resmerita, “Bregman distances, totally convex functions, and a method for solving operator equations in Banach spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2006, Article ID 84919, 39 pages, 2006.
- F. Kohsaka and W. Takahashi, “Existence and approximation of fixed points of firmly nonexpansive-type mappings in Banach spaces,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 824–835, 2008.
- K. Goebel and W. A. Kirk, Topics in Metric Fixed Point Theory, vol. 28, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1990.
- S. Reich and S. Sabach, “Existence and approximation of fixed points of Bregman firmly nonexpansive mappings in reflexive Banach spaces,” in Fixed-Point Algorithms for Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, vol. 49, pp. 301–316, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- S. Reich, “A weak convergence theorem for the alternating method with Bregman distances,” in Theory and Applications of Nonlinear Operators of Accretive and Monotone Type, vol. 178 of Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, pp. 313–318, Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- S.-Y. Matsushita and W. Takahashi, “A strong convergence theorem for relatively nonexpansive mappings in a Banach space,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 257–266, 2005.
- G. Kassay, “The proximal points algorithm for reflexive Banach spaces,” Universitatis Babeş-Bolyai. Studia. Mathematica, vol. 30, pp. 9–7, 1985.
- W. Takahashi, Nonlinear Functional Analysis, Fixed Point Theory and Its Applications, Yokohama Publishers, Yokohama, Japan, 2000.
- R. P. Agarwal, Y. J. Cho, and X. Qin, “Generalized projection algorithms for nonlinear operators,” Numerical Functional Analysis and Optimization, vol. 28, no. 11-12, pp. 1197–1215, 2007.
- E. Blum and W. Oettli, “From optimization and variational inequalities to equilibrium problems,” The Mathematics Student, vol. 63, no. 1–4, pp. 123–145, 1994.
- S.-S. Zhang, “Generalized mixed equilibrium problem in Banach spaces,” Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1105–1112, 2009.