- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 592964, 8 pages
The Existence and Uniqueness of Solutions for a Class of Nonlinear Fractional Differential Equations with Infinite Delay
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Basic Science, Babol University of Technology, Babol 47148-71167, Iran
2Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Cankaya University, Turkey
3Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
4Institute of Space Sciences, P.O. Box MG-23, r 76900 Magurele-Bucharest, Romania
5Department of Mathematics, Texas A & M University-Kingsville, 700 University, Boulevard Kingsville, USA
6Department of Mathematics, King Abdulaziz University, P.O. Box 80204, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
Received 28 October 2012; Accepted 2 February 2013
Academic Editor: Bashir Ahmad
Copyright © 2013 Azizollah Babakhani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, A Wiley-Interscience Publication, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, SUA, 1993.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives, Gordon and Breach Science, Yverdon, Switzerland, 1993.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Hackensack, NJ, USA, 2012.
- W. G. Glockle and T. F. Nonnenmacher, “A fractional calculus approach of self-similar protein dynamics,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 68, pp. 46–53, 1995.
- D. Baleanu, Z. B. G. Günvenc, and J. A. T. Machado, New Trends in Nanotechnology and Fractional Calculus Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- K. Diethelm and A. D. Freed, “On the solution of fractional order differential equations used in the modeling of viscoplasticity,” in Scientific Computing in Chemical Engineering II-Computional Fluid Dynamics, Reaction Engineering and Molecular Properties, F. Keil, W. Mackens, H. Voss, and J. Werther, Eds., pp. 217–224, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1999.
- A. Babakhani and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Existence of positive solutions of nonlinear fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 278, no. 2, pp. 434–442, 2003.
- C. Yu and G. Gao, “Existence of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 310, no. 1, pp. 26–29, 2005.
- A. Babakhani and V. Daftardar-Gejji, “Existence of positive solutions for N-term non-autonomous fractional differential equations,” Positivity, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 193–206, 2005.
- D. Băleanu, O. G. Mustafa, and R. P. Agarwal, “Asymptotically linear solutions for some linear fractional differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2010, Article ID 865139, 8 pages, 2010.
- A. Cabada and G. Wang, “Positive solutions of nonlinear fractional differential equations with integral boundary value conditions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 389, no. 1, pp. 403–411, 2012.
- B. Ahmad, J. J. Nieto, A. Alsaedi, and M. El-Shahed, “A study of nonlinear Langevin equation involving two fractional orders in different intervals,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 599–606, 2012.
- S. Bhalekar, V. Daftardar-Gejji, D. Baleanu, and R. Magin, “Fractional Bloch equation with delay,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1355–1365, 2011.
- R. P. Agarwal and B. Ahmad, “Existence theory for anti-periodic boundary value problems of fractional differential equations and inclusions,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1200–1214, 2011.
- B. Ahmad, J. J. Nieto, and A. Alsaedi, “A nonlocal three-point inclusion problem of Langevin equation with two different fractional orders,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, article 54, 2012.
- D. Baleanu and J. J. Trujillo, “On exact solutions of a class of fractional Euler-Lagrange equations,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 331–335, 2008.
- K. Diethelm and N. J. Ford, “Analysis of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 265, no. 2, pp. 229–248, 2002.
- K. Diethelm, “An algorithm for the numerical solution of differential equations of fractional order,” Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, vol. 5, pp. 1–6, 1997.
- Z. Odibat and S. Momani, “Numerical methods for nonlinear partial differential equations of fractional order,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 32, pp. 28–39, 2008.
- K. Diethelm and G. Walz, “Numerical solution of fractional order differential equations by extrapolation,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 231–253, 1997.
- T. Maraaba, D. Baleanu, and F. Jarad, “Existence and uniqueness theorem for a class of delay differential equations with left and right Caputo fractional derivatives,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49, no. 8, Article ID 083507, 11 pages, 2008.
- H. Ye, Y. Ding, and J. Gao, “The existence of a positive solution of a fractional differential equation with delay,” Positivity, vol. 11, pp. 341–350, 2007.
- J. K. Hale and J. Kato, “Phase space for retarded equations with infinite delay,” Funkcialaj Ekvacioj, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 11–41, 1978.
- A. Granas and J. Dugundji, Fixed Point Theory, Springer Monographs in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- R. R. Golberg, Methods of Real Analysis, Oxford and IBH Publishing Company, New Delhi, India, 1970.
- D. Henry, Geometric Theory of Semilinear Parabolic Partial Differential Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1989.