- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 598963, 6 pages
Korovkin Second Theorem via -Statistical -Summability
1Department of Mathematics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, India
2Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 21 September 2012; Accepted 3 January 2013
Academic Editor: Feyzi Başar
Copyright © 2013 M. Mursaleen and A. Kiliçman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Fast, “Sur la convergence statistique,” Colloquium Mathematicum, vol. 2, pp. 241–244, 1951.
- Mursaleen and O. H. H. Edely, “Statistical convergence of double sequences,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 288, no. 1, pp. 223–231, 2003.
- S. A. Mohiuddine, A. Alotaibi, and M. Mursaleen, “Statistical convergence of double sequences in locally solid Riesz spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 719729, 9 pages, 2012.
- A. R. Freedman and J. J. Sember, “Densities and summability,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 293–305, 1981.
- J. Connor, “On strong matrix summability with respect to a modulus and statistical convergence,” Canadian Mathematical Bulletin. Bulletin Canadien de Mathématiques, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 194–198, 1989.
- E. Kolk, “Matrix summability of statistically convergent sequences,” Analysis, vol. 13, no. 1-2, pp. 77–83, 1993.
- O. H. H. Edely and M. Mursaleen, “On statistical -summability,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 49, no. 3-4, pp. 672–680, 2009.
- M. Mursaleen and O. H. H. Edely, “Generalized statistical convergence,” Information Sciences, vol. 162, no. 3-4, pp. 287–294, 2004.
- O. H. H. Edely, “-statistically -summability,” Thai Journal of Mathematics. In press.
- J. A. Fridy and C. Orhan, “Lacunary statistical convergence,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 43–51, 1993.
- Mursaleen, “-statistical convergence,” Mathematica Slovaca, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 111–115, 2000.
- F. Móricz, “Tauberian conditions, under which statistical convergence follows from statistical summability ,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 275, no. 1, pp. 277–287, 2002.
- F. Móricz, “Theorems relating to statistical harmonic summability and ordinary convergence of slowly decreasing or oscillating sequences,” Analysis, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 127–145, 2004.
- F. Móricz and C. Orhan, “Tauberian conditions under which statistical convergence follows from statistical summability by weighted means,” Studia Scientiarum Mathematicarum Hungarica, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 391–403, 2004.
- P. P. Korovkin, “On convergence of linear positive operators in the space of continuous functions,” Doklady Akademii Nauk, vol. 90, pp. 961–964, 1953.
- P. P. Korovkin, Linear Operators and Approximation Theory, Hindustan, Delhi, India, 1960.
- O. Duman, “Statistical approximation for periodic functions,” Demonstratio Mathematica, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 873–878, 2003.
- S. Karakuş and K. Demirci, “Approximation for periodic functions via statistical A-summability,” Acta Mathematica Universitatis Comenianae, vol. 81, no. 2, pp. 159–169, 2012.
- F. Altomare, “Korovkin-type theorems and approximation by positive linear operators,” Surveys in Approximation Theory, vol. 5, pp. 92–164, 2010.
- K. Demirci and F. Dirik, “Approximation for periodic functions via statistical -convergence,” Mathematical Communications, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2011.
- O. H. H. Edely, S. A. Mohiuddine, and A. K. Noman, “Korovkin type approximation theorems obtained through generalized statistical convergence,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1382–1387, 2010.
- S. A. Mohiuddine, A. Alotaibi, and M. Mursaleen, “Statistical summability and a Korovkin type approximation theorem,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2012, 172 pages, 2012.
- M. Mursaleen and R. Ahmad, “Korovkin type approximation theorem through statistical lacunary summability,” Iranian Journal of Science and Technology-Science. In press.
- M. Mursaleen and A. Alotaibi, “Statistical summability and approximation by de la Vallée-Poussin mean,” Erratum: Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, p. 665, 2012.
- M. Mursaleen and A. Alotaibi, “Statistical lacunary summability and a Korovkin type approximation theorem,” Annali dell'Universitá di Ferrara, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 373–381, 2011.
- M. Mursaleen, V. Karakaya, M. Ertürk, and F. Gürsoy, “Weighted statistical convergence and its application to Korovkin type approximation theorem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 18, pp. 9132–9137, 2012.
- C. Radu, “-summability and approximation of continuous periodic functions,” Studia. Universitatis Babeş-Bolyai. Mathematica, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 155–161, 2007.
- H. M. Srivastava, M. Mursaleen, and A. Khan, “Generalized equi-statistical convergence of positive linear operators and associated approximation theorems,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 55, no. 9-10, pp. 2040–2051, 2012.
- G. A. Anastassiou, M. Mursaleen, and S. A. Mohiuddine, “Some approximation theorems for functions of two variables through almost convergence of double sequences,” Journal of Computational Analysis and Applications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 37–46, 2011.
- C. Belen, M. Mursaleen, and M. Yildirim, “Statistical -summability of double sequences and a Korovkin type approximation theorem,” Bulletin of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 851–861, 2012.
- K. Demirci and F. Dirik, “Four-dimensional matrix transformation and rate of -statistical convergence of periodic functions,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 52, no. 9-10, pp. 1858–1866, 2010.
- M. Mursaleen and A. Alotaibi, “Korovkin type approximation theorem for functions of two variables through statistical -summability,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2012, 65 pages, 2012.
- S. A. Mohiuddine, “An application of almost convergence in approximation theorems,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1856–1860, 2011.