- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 614328, 11 pages
Spectral Criteria for Solvability of Boundary Value Problems and Positivity of Solutions of Time-Fractional Differential Equations
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, P.O. Box 70377, San Juan, PR 00936-8377, USA
2Departamento de Matemática, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Casilla 307, Correo 2, Santiago, Chile
Received 12 June 2013; Revised 2 October 2013; Accepted 4 October 2013
Academic Editor: Fuding Xie
Copyright © 2013 Valentin Keyantuo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Prüss, “On the spectrum of -semigroups,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 284, no. 2, pp. 847–857, 1984.
- A. Haraux, Nonlinear Evolution Equations, vol. 841 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1981.
- E. Schüler, “On the spectrum of cosine functions,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 229, no. 2, pp. 376–398, 1999.
- I. Cioranescu and C. Lizama, “Spectral properties of cosine operator functions,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 80–98, 1988.
- W. Arendt and S. Bu, “The operator-valued Marcinkiewicz multiplier theorem and maximal regularity,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 240, no. 2, pp. 311–343, 2002.
- V. Keyantuo and C. Lizama, “Mild well-posedness of abstract differential equations,” in Functional Analysis and Evolution Equations, pp. 371–387, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2008.
- V. Keyantuo and C. Lizama, “Periodic solutions of second order differential equations in Banach spaces,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 253, no. 3, pp. 489–514, 2006.
- J. J. Nieto, “Maximum principles for fractional differential equations derived from Mittag-Leffler functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1248–1251, 2010.
- M. Belmekki, J. J. Nieto, and R. Rodríguez-López, “Existence of periodic solution for a nonlinear fractional differential equation,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2009, Article ID 324561, 18 pages, 2009.
- X. Zhang, “Fixed point theorems for a class of nonlinear operators in Banach spaces and applications,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 536–543, 2008.
- E. Hernández, D. O'Regan, and K. Balachandran, “Existence results for abstract fractional differential equations with nonlocal conditions via resolvent operators,” Indagationes Mathematicae, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 68–82, 2013.
- Y. Zhou and F. Jiao, “Nonlocal Cauchy problem for fractional evolution equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 4465–4475, 2010.
- R.-N. Wang, D.-H. Chen, and T.-J. Xiao, “Abstract fractional Cauchy problems with almost sectorial operators,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 252, no. 1, pp. 202–235, 2012.
- R. Gorenflo and F. Mainardi, “On Mittag-Leffler-type functions in fractional evolution processes,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 283–299, 2000.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 198, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- D. Araya and C. Lizama, “Almost automorphic mild solutions to fractional differential equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 3692–3705, 2008.
- E. Bazhlekova, Fractional evolution equations in Banach spaces [Ph.D. thesis], Eindhoven University of Technology, 2001.
- W. Arendt, C. J. K. Batty, M. Hieber, and F. Neubrander, Vector-Valued Laplace Transforms and Cauchy Problems, vol. 96 of Monographs in Mathematics, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2001.
- C. Lizama, “Regularized solutions for abstract Volterra equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 243, no. 2, pp. 278–292, 2000.
- R. Gorenflo, Y. Luchko, and F. Mainardi, “Analytical properties and applications of the Wright function,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 383–414, 1999.
- F. Mainardi, “Fractional calculus: some basic problems in continuum and statistical mechanics,” in Fractals and Fractional Calculus in Continuum Mechanics, A. Carpinteri and F. Mainardi, Eds., pp. 291–348, Springer, Wien, Germany, 1997.
- G. M. Wright, “The generalized Bessel function of order greater than one,” The Quarterly Journal of Mathematics, vol. 11, pp. 36–48, 1940.
- E. Kaslik and S. Sivasundaram, “Non-existence of periodic solutions in fractional-order dynamical systems and a remarkable difference between integer and fractional-order derivatives of periodic functions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 1489–1497, 2012.
- K.-J. Engel and R. Nagel, One-Parameter Semigroups for Linear Evolution Equations, vol. 194 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- E. B. Davies, Heat Kernels and Spectral Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1989.
- J. J. Nieto, “Comparison results for periodic boundary value problem of fractional differential equations,” Fractional Differential Calculus, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 99–104, 2011.