- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 631717, 10 pages
The Sustainable Island Development Evaluation Model and Its Application Based on the Nonstructural Decision Fuzzy Set
1College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, Qingdo 266003, China
2National Marine Environment Monitoring Center, Dalian 116023, China
3The First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, Qingdao 266061, China
Received 27 February 2013; Accepted 7 April 2013
Academic Editor: Fuding Xie
Copyright © 2013 Quanming Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Sun, J. Ni, and A. G. Borthwick, “Rapid assessment of sustainability in Mainland China,” Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 1021–1031, 2010.
- J. Li and G. C. Wang, “Establishment and discussion of appraisement indicators system of islands stainable development,” Marine Environmental Science, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 54–57, 2004 (Chinese).
- I. Moffatt, “Ecological footprints and sustainable development,” Ecological Economics, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 359–362, 2000.
- B. Du, K. Zhang, G. Song, and Z. Wen, “Methodology for an urban ecological footprint to evaluate sustainable development in China,” International Journal of Sustainable Development and World Ecology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 245–254, 2006.
- C. Yang and J. P. H. Poon, “A regional analysis of China's green GDP,” Eurasian Geography and Economics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 547–563, 2009.
- Q. Di, Z. Han, G. Liu, and H. Chang, “Carrying capacity of marine region in Liaoning Province,” Chinese Geographical Science, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 229–235, 2007.
- D. J. Chen, P. Li, J. Du, L. Liu, and X. Xu, “The evaluation of sustainable development based on ecological footprint and human development index—a case of marine fishery resources utilization in china,” Science and Society, no. 5, pp. 96–103, 2006 (Chinese).
- J. W. Rogers, “Sustainable development patterns: the Chesapeake Bay region,” Water Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 2711–2721, 1992.
- M. D. Griffith and J. Ashe, “Sustainable development of coastal and marine areas in small island developing states: a basis for integrated coastal management,” Ocean and Coastal Management, vol. 21, no. 1–3, pp. 269–284, 1993.
- M. D. Griffith, “Reflections on the implementation of the programme of action on the sustainable development of small island developing states (SIDS),” Ocean and Coastal Management, vol. 29, no. 1–3, pp. 139–163, 1995.
- K. C. Tran, “Public perception of development issues: public awareness can contribute to sustainable development of a small island,” Ocean and Coastal Management, vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 367–383, 2006.
- T. B. Ramos, S. Caeiro, C. H. Douglas, and C. Ochieng, “Environmental and sustainability impact assessment in small islands: the case of Azores and Madeira,” International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 223–240, 2009.
- J. Forster, I. R. Lake, A. R. Watkinson, and J. A. Gill, “Marine biodiversity in the Caribbean UK overseas territories: perceived threats and constraints to environmental management,” Marine Policy, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 647–657, 2011.
- X. Ni, Y. Q. Wu, J. Wu, J. Lu, and P. C. Wilson, “Scenario analysis for sustainable development of Chongming Island: water resources sustainability,” Science of the Total Environment, vol. 439, no. 15, pp. 129–135, 2012.
- S. Avdimiotis, “Necessity of the early warnings system for the development of new sustainable forms of tourism. The case of Chios island, North Aegean,” Journal of Environmental Protection and Ecology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 431–435, 2008.
- M. Fortuny, R. Soler, C. Cánovas, and A. Sánchez, “Technical approach for a sustainable tourism development. Case study in the Balearic Islands,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 860–869, 2008.
- R. Ciegis, J. Ramanauskiene, and B. Martinkus, “The concept of sustainable development and its use for sustainability scenarios,” Engineering Economics, vol. 2, no. 62, pp. 28–37, 2009.
- B. Melnikas, “Sustainable development and creation of the knowledge economy: the new theoretical approach,” Technological and Economic Development of Economy, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 516–540, 2010.
- A. Barrera-Roldán and A. Saldívar-Valdés, “Proposal and application of a sustainable development index,” Ecological Indicators, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 251–256, 2002.
- M. Golusin and O. Munitlak Ivanović, “Definition, characteristics and state of the indicators of sustainable development in countries of Southeastern Europe,” Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, vol. 130, no. 1-2, pp. 67–74, 2009.
- D. Karahasanovic, A. Avdic, and M. Cinjarevic, “Improving of sustainable development indicator with special focus on transition countries,” Technics Technologies Education Management, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 760–772, 2010.
- A. Vallega, “The role of culture in island sustainable development,” Ocean and Coastal Management, vol. 50, no. 5-6, pp. 279–300, 2007.
- S. Y. Chen, The Variable Fuzzy Sets Theory Model and Its Application, Dalian University of Technology Press, Dalian, China, 2009.
- S. Y. Chen and J. M. Hu, “Variable fuzzy assessment method and its application in assessing water resources carrying capacity,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 264–277, 2006 (Chinese).
- M. Gai and L. Zhou, “A study of the coordinated development of marine resources environment and economy of Liaoning Province using a variable fuzzy recognition model,” Resources Science, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 356–363, 2011 (Chinese).
- A. van Zeijl-Rozema, R. Cörvers, R. Kemp, and P. Martens, “Governance for sustainable development: a framework,” Sustainable Development, vol. 6, no. 16, pp. 410–421, 2008.
- W. Y. Niu and Y. X. Lu, Overview of China's Sustainable Development, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
- H. C. Zhou, G. H. Zhang, and G. L. Wang, “Multi-objective decision making approach based on entropy weights for reservoir flood control operation,” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 100–106, 2007 (Chinese).
- D. F. Ye, “Relativity and sustainable development,” Chinese Geographical Science, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2004.
- W. X. Luan and N. Shen, “The research on social economic support system of sustainable development in changshan,” Archipelagos Pacific Journal, vol. 10, pp. 65–75, 2005 (Chinese).
- Z. Tu, S. L. Yang, D. Hu, and D. Zhao, “Evaluation method of sustainable development capability of marine economy and application in Fujian Province,” Marine Environmental Science, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 819–822, 2011 (Chinese).