- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 635746, 10 pages
A Continuous-Time Model for Valuing Foreign Exchange Options
School of Management, Ming Chuan University, Taipei 111, Taiwan
Received 12 February 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Qun Lin
Copyright © 2013 James J. Kung. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Merton, Continuous-Time Finance, Blackwell, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 1990.
- I. Karatzas and S. E. Shreve, Brownian Motion and Stochastic Calculus, vol. 113 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1991.
- S. E. Shreve, Stochastic Calculus for Finance. II. Continuous-Time Models, Springer Finance, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- F. Black and M. Scholes, “The pricing of options and corporate liabilities,” Journal of Political Economy, vol. 81, pp. 637–659, 1973.
- M. B. Garman and S. W. Kohlhagen, “Foreign currency option values,” Journal of International Money and Finance, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 231–237, 1983.
- J. C. Hull, Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 6th edition, 2006.
- T. S. Ho, R. C. Stapleton, and M. G. Subrahmanyam, “The valuation of American options with stochastic interest rates: a generalization of the Geske-Johnson technique,” Journal of Finance, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 827–840, 1997.
- K. Zhang and S. Wang, “Pricing American bond options using a penalty method,” Automatica, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 472–479, 2012.
- S. Wang, X. Q. Yang, and K. L. Teo, “Power penalty method for a linear complementarity problem arising from American option valuation,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 227–254, 2006.
- K. Zhang, X. Yang, and K. L. Teo, “Convergence analysis of a monotonic penalty method for American option pricing,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 348, no. 2, pp. 915–926, 2008.
- L. Arnold, Stochastic Differential Equations: Theory and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- B. Øksendal, Stochastic Differential Equations. An Introduction with Applications, Universitext, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 5th edition, 1998.
- P. Wilmott, Derivatives: The Theory and Practice of Financial Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- N. H. Asmar, Partial Differential Equations with Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems, Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2005.
- J. W. Brown and R. V. Churchill, Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 1993.
- M. Humi and W. B. Miller, Boundary Value Problems and Partial Differential Equations, PWS-Kent, Boston, Mass, USA, 1992.
- W. Margrabe, “The value of an option to exchange one asset for another,” Journal of Finance, vol. 33, pp. 177–186, 1978.
- R. C. Merton, “Theory of rational option pricing,” Bell Journal of Economics & Management Science, vol. 4, pp. 141–183, 1973.
- C. W. Smith Jr., “Option pricing. A review,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 3, no. 1-2, pp. 3–51, 1976.