- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 657952, 12 pages
An -Galerkin Expanded Mixed Finite Element Approximation of Second-Order Nonlinear Hyperbolic Equations
College of Mathematical Sciences, Shandong Normal University, Jinan 250014, China
Received 11 June 2013; Revised 23 September 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: Youyu Wang
Copyright © 2013 Zhaojie Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. A. Baker, “Error estimates for finite element methods for second order hyperbolic equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 564–576, 1976.
- L. C. Cowsar, T. F. Dupont, and M. F. Wheeler, “A priori estimates for mixed finite element methods for the wave equation,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 82, no. 1–3, pp. 205–222, 1990.
- L. C. Cowsar, T. F. Dupont, and M. F. Wheeler, “A priori estimates for mixed finite element approximations of second-order hyperbolic equations with absorbing boundary conditions,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 492–504, 1996.
- T. Geveci, “On the application of mixed finite element methods to the wave equations,” Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 243–250, 1988.
- H. Z. Chen and H. Wang, “An optimal-order error estimate on an -Galerkin mixed method for a nonlinear parabolic equation in porous medium flow,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 188–205, 2010.
- A. K. Pani and G. Fairweather, “-Galerkin mixed finite element methods for parabolic partial integro-differential equations,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 231–252, 2002.
- A. K. Pani, S. A. V. Manickam, and K. K. Moudgalya, “Higher order fully discrete scheme combined with -Galerkin mixed finite element method for semilinear reaction-diffusion equations,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, vol. 15, no. 1-2, pp. 1–28, 2004.
- A. K. Pani, “An -Galerkin mixed finite element method for parabolic partial differential equations,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 712–727, 1998.
- L. Guo and H. Z. Chen, “-Galerkin mixed finite element method for the regularized long wave equation,” Computing, vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 205–221, 2006.
- A. K. Pani, R. K. Sinha, and A. K. Otta, “An -Galerkin mixed method for second order hyperbolic equations,” International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 111–129, 2004.
- D. N. Arnold, L. R. Scott, and M. Vogelius, “Regular inversion of the divergence operator with Dirichlet boundary conditions on a polygon,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Classe di Scienze 4, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 169–192, 1988.
- V. Girault and P. A. Raviart, Finite Element Methods for Navier-Stokes Equations, Theory and Algorithms, vol. 5 of Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- P. A. Raviart and J. M. Thomas, “A mixed finite element method for 2nd order elliptic problems,” in Mathematical Aspects of Finite Element Methods, vol. 606 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 292–315, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1977.
- F. Brezzi, “On the existence, uniqueness and approximation of saddle-point problems arising from Lagrangian multipliers,” RAIRO Analyse Numérique, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 129–151, 1974.
- F. Brezzi and M. Fortin, Mixed and Hybrid Finite Element Methods, vol. 15 of Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- P. G. Ciarlet, The Finite Element Method for Elliptic Problems, vol. 4, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1978, Studies in Mathematics and its Applications.