- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 681319, 10 pages
Robust Coordinated Formation for Multiple Surface Vessels Based on Backstepping Sliding Mode Control
1College of Automation, Harbin Engineering University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, China
2University of Duisburg-Essen, 47057 Duisburg, Germany
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 25 July 2013
Academic Editor: Lixian Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Mingyu Fu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zhang, H. Gao, and O. Kaynak, “Network-induced constraints in networked control system-a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 403–416, 2013.
- W. Ren, R. W. Beard, and E. M. Atkins, “A survey of consensus problems in multi-agent coordination,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '05), pp. 1859–1864, June 2005.
- A. Aguiar, J. Almeida, and M. Bayat, “Cooperative autonomous marine vehicle motion control in the scope of the eugrex project: theory and practice,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/MTS Conference on Oceans, pp. 1–10, 2009.
- I.-A. F. Ihle, J. Jouffroy, and T. I. Fossen, “Formation control of marine surface craft: a lagrangian approach,” IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 922–934, 2006.
- F. Arrichiello, S. Chiaverini, and T. I. Fossen, “Formation control of underactuated surface vessels using the null-spaee-based behavioral control,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '06), pp. 5942–5947, October 2006.
- F. Fahimi, “Non-linear model predictive formation control for groups of autonomous surface vessels,” International Journal of Control, vol. 80, no. 8, pp. 1248–1259, 2007.
- J. Almeida, C. Silvestre, and A. M. Pascoal, “Cooperative control of multiple surface vessels with discrete-time periodic communications,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 398–419, 2012.
- I.-A. F. Ihle, M. Arcak, and T. I. Fossen, “Passivity-based designs for synchronized path-following,” Automatica, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 1508–1518, 2007.
- E. Børhaug, A. Pavlov, E. Panteley, and K. Y. Pettersen, “Straight line path following for formations of underactuated marine surface vessels,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 493–506, 2011.
- J. Ghommam and F. Mnif, “Coordinated path-following control for a group of underactuated surface vessels,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 3951–3963, 2009.
- Y. Wang, W. Yan, and J. Li, “Passivity-based formation control of autonomous underwater vehicles,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 518–525, 2012.
- C. Thorvaldsen and R. Skjetne, “Formation control of fully-actuated marine vessels using group agreement protocols,” in Proceedings of the 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference, pp. 4132–4139, 2011.
- M. Fu and J. Jiao, “A hybrid approach for coordinated formation control of multiple surface vessels,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2013, Article ID 794284, 8 pages, 2013.
- I. A. Gravagne, J. M. Davis, and J. J. DaCunha, “A unified approach to high-gain adaptive controllers,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2009, Article ID 198353, 13 pages, 2009.
- S. Yin, S. Ding, and H. Luo, “Real-time implementtion of fault tolerant control system with performance optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013.
- J. Huang, H. Li, Y. Chen, and Q. Xu, “Robust position control of PMSM using fractional-order sliding mode controller,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 512703, 33 pages, 2012.
- L. Zhang and E.-K. Boukas, “Stability and stabilization of Markovian jump linear systems with partly unknown transition probabilities,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 463–468, 2009.
- L. Zhang, P. Shi, E.-K. Boukas, and C. Wang, “ model reduction for uncertain switched linear discrete-time systems,” Automatica, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 2944–2949, 2008.
- E. A. Tannuri, A. C. Agostinho, H. M. Morishita, and L. Moratelli, “Dynamic positioning systems: an experimental analysis of sliding mode control,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1121–1132, 2010.
- H. Ashrafiuon, K. R. Muske, L. C. McNinch, and R. A. Soltan, “Sliding-mode tracking control of surface vessels,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 4004–4012, 2008.
- F. Fahimi, “Sliding-mode formation control for underactuated surface vessels,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 617–622, 2007.
- M. Defoort, T. Floquet, A. Kökösy, and W. Perruquetti, “Sliding-mode formation control for cooperative autonomous mobile robots,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 3944–3953, 2008.
- Y. Xia, Z. Zhu, and M. Fu, “Back-stepping sliding mode control for missile systems based on an extended state observer,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 93–102, 2011.
- D. Zhao and T. Zou, “A finite-time approach to formation control of multiple mobile robots with terminal sliding mode,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1998–2014, 2012.
- D. Zhao, T. Zou, S. Li, and Q. Zhu, “Adaptive backstepping sliding mode control for leader-follower multi-agent systems,” IET Control Theory & Applications, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 1109–1117, 2012.
- W. Ren, “Distributed leaderless consensus algorithms for networked Euler-Lagrange systems,” International Journal of Control, vol. 82, no. 11, pp. 2137–2149, 2009.
- D. Sun, C. Wang, W. Shang, and G. Feng, “A synchronization approach to trajectory tracking of multiple mobile robots while maintaining time-varying formations,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1074–1086, 2009.
- H. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- T. Fossen, Marine Control Systems: Guidance, Navigation and Control of Ships, Rigs and Underwater Vehicles, Marine Cybernetics, Trondheim, Norway, 2002.