- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 686483, 10 pages
Numerical Solution and Simulation of Second-Order Parabolic PDEs with Sinc-Galerkin Method Using Maple
Department of Mathematical Engineering, Yildiz Technical University, Davutpasa, 34210 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 4 March 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editor: Adem Kılıçman
Copyright © 2013 Aydin Secer. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Stenger, “A Sinc-Galerkin method of solution of boundary value problems,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 33, no. 145, pp. 85–109, 1979.
- F. Stenger, “Summary of Sinc numerical methods,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 121, no. 1-2, pp. 379–420, 2000.
- F. Stenger, “Approximations via Whittaker's cardinal function,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 222–240, 1976.
- E. T. Whittaker, “On the functions which are represented by the expansions of the interpolation theory,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburg, vol. 35, pp. 181–194, 1915.
- J. M. Whittaker, Interpolation Function Theory, Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, no. 33, Cambridge University Press, London, UK, 1935, by E. F. Beckenbach, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1961.
- J. Lund, “Symmetrization of the sinc-Galerkin method for boundary value problems,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 47, no. 176, pp. 571–588, 1986.
- A. Secer and M. Kurulay, “The Sinc-Galerkin method and its applications on singular Dirichlet-type boundary value problems,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2012, article 126, 2012.
- K. M. McArthur, K. L. Bowers, and J. Lund, “Numerical implementation of the Sinc-Galerkin method for second-order hyperbolic equations,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 169–185, 1987.
- A. Saadatmandi, M. Razzaghi, and M. Dehghan, “Sinc-Galerkin solution for nonlinear two-point boundary value problems with applications to chemical reactor theory,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 42, no. 11-12, pp. 1237–1244, 2005.
- A. Secer, M. Kurulay, M. Bayram, and M. A. Akinlar, “An efficient computer application of the Sinc-Galerkin approximation for nonlinear boundary value problems,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2012, article 117, 2012.
- J. Rashidinia, K. Maleknejad, and N. Taheri, “Sinc-Galerkin method for numerical solution of the Bratu's problems,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- A. Shidfar and A. Babaei, “The sinc-Galerkin method for solving an inverse parabolic problem with unknown source term,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 64–78, 2013.
- M. Zarebnia and M. G. A. Abadi, “A numerical sinc method for systems of integro-differential equations,” Physica Scripta, vol. 82, no. 5, Article ID 055011, 2010.
- J. Lund and K. L. Bowers, Sinc Methods for Quadrature and Differential Equations, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1992.