- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 689372, 8 pages
Stability Switches and Hopf Bifurcation in a Kaleckian Model of Business Cycle
1Department of Economics, Second University of Naples, 81043 Capua, Italy
2Department of Management, Polytechnic University of Marche, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Received 11 July 2013; Accepted 23 July 2013
Academic Editor: Massimiliano Ferrara
Copyright © 2013 Luca Vincenzo Ballestra et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kalecki, “A macrodynamic theory of business cycles,” Econometrica, vol. 3, pp. 327–344, 1935.
- P. K. Asea and P. J. Zak, “Time-to-build and cycles,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1155–1175, 1999.
- C. Bianca, M. Ferrara, and L. Guerrini, “The Cai model with time delay: existence of periodic solutions and asymptotic analysis,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 21–27, 2013.
- C. Bianca, M. Ferrara, and L. Guerrini, “Hopf bifurcations in a delayed-energy-based model of capital accumulation,” Applied Mathematics and Information Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 139–143, 2013.
- C. Bianca and L. Guerrini, “On the Dalgaard-Strulik model with logistic population growth rate and delayed-carrying capacity,” Acta Applicanda Mathematicae, 2013.
- M. Szydłowski and A. Krawiec, “A note on Kaleckian lags in the Solow model,” Review of Political Economy, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 501–506, 2004.
- A. Matsumoto and F. Szidarovszky, “Delay differential neoclassical growth model,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 272–289, 2011.
- M. Szydłowski, “Time-to-build in dynamics of economic models. I. Kalecki's model,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 697–703, 2002.
- M. Szydłowski, “Time to build in dynamics of economic models II: models of economic growth,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 355–364, 2003.
- P. J. Zak, “Kaleckian lags in general equilibrium,” Review of Political Economy, vol. 11, pp. 321–330, 1999.
- A. C. Casal and G. Dibeh, “Functional differential equations modeling in economics and environment,” in Environment, Economics and Their Mathematical Models, J. I. Diaz and J. L. Lions, Eds., pp. 19–27, Masson, Paris, 1994.
- N. Kryloff and N. Bogoliuboff, Introduction to Non-Linear Mechanics, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1943.
- L. G. Clark and H. R. Sebasta, “On self-sustained oscillations of nonlinear systems containing transport delays,” Tech. Rep. RM 1009, Engineering Mechanics Research Laboratory, University of Texas at Austin, 1966.
- E. Deeba, G. Dibeh, S. Khuri, and S. Xie, “Decomposition method for solving a nonlinear business cycle model,” ANZIAM Journal, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 295–302, 2003.
- E. Beretta and Y. Kuang, “Geometric stability switch criteria in delay differential systems with delay dependent parameters,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1144–1165, 2002.
- B. D. Hassard, N. D. Kazarinoff, and Y. H. Wan, Theory and Applications of Hopf Bifurcation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1981.